Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Atlantis? Believe or not - Minitokyo

Atlantis? Believe or not

do you believe in atlantis?

i believe
55 votes
i don't
21 votes
can really say...
20 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

well i am reading this article on a web about atlantis....
it talks about the sunken continent Lemuria, tall human-like aliens..
so, what do you think?
well i believe the sunken continent, as i have read many articles on it saying ancient legends and myths did tell about an unknown continent with advanced techs
but aliens... hmm... that made me ponder...

oh, the link is here

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I believe a place similar to and maybe even called Atlantis may have existed at one point and time and may have disappeared under the sea as well.
As far as the article is concerned it contains an interesting mix of truth and out and out fiction that makes it an entertaining read (stories with a grain of truth are the best). I think that some of the technology used in a place like Atlantis may have been a little more advanced in some areas just due to the needs/desires of the people living there but it was probably not more advanced overall than the rest of the world at the time. As to its destruction well the natural cataclysm does seem to offer the best reason for its sudden disappearance. I like one ot eh recent theories involving tthe creation of the Mediterranean Sea via the collapse of the natural barrier across what is now the Straits of Gibraltar.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

kyo-tohru-1985

kyo-tohru-1985

wood elf

I believe there was an Atlantis and the people who lived there were normal people just like you and me. what happened is that the people of Atlantis had a power that the Gods where scared of. They use the power for evil and the Gods couldn't take it anymore so the God of the Sea sunk the continent.

That is what i believe what happened.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

actually, from that link i gave you, it says that the people of atlantis used the power of crystals and in the end, it was the very crystals which destroyed them... crystal tech is something i rarely heard of.. maybe it has that very potential destructive powers?

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

i believe but not the tall lanky bastards bit. The power of crystal ehh? Well thats science fiction but im willing to believe it. Well dont oyu think that a lightsaber had very destructive powers? Okay, a lightsaber focuses its power on a crystal therefor giving its colour.... Maybe the atlantians used soemthing simliar. To focus light maybe?

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Blueheart

Blueheart

Wapy's sister

of course they've existed!
they are mentions in three diferent Mythologies, Greek, Egyptian and Sumerian... when something is mention only in one mythology, it is human imagination... when mention in more than three... It's reality.

they've existed!

Signature
	Image .:Proud Hokage of Naruto:.

Quote by ttwen
it says that the people of atlantis used the power of crystals and in the end, it was the very crystals which destroyed them... crystal tech is something i rarely heard of..

Hmm, it reminds me a lot of crystals in Final Fantasy V... ;)

The story went on how people use the crystals' power for benefit, but then the overuse of them got the crystals shattered, thus started a disaster...

...that's just an SNES game, though. :)

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

WTF is atlantis anyway, can you eat it?

-repeat-

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

whats so hard to belive about an island conutry that was taken out by a tidle wave or tsunami and the wave destroyed the tecnology and people i mean it happend last year in india whats to say it can't happen to alstralia or japan

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

That article states: Atlantis started with Plato and in his hands it was never a supercivilization of the sort conjectured by later authors; perhaps in strictly Greek terms it was no civilization at all but rather a fatally luxurious elaboration of an essentially barbarian way of life, for all its inception by a god.

Therefore, in Plato's hands, it was an analogy. If you read the rest of Plato you'd find lots of other analogies and stories and metaphors, parables if you like.

But there have been all too many sunken civilizations that have been connected with Atlantis for there (I think) ever to be a "real" one. Anyway 9000 years before Plato is a bit of an absurd date to be cited in those times.

Atlantis literary means (Island) of Atlas. You know, the mountain that was believed to be a giant that held the skies aloft? The Atlantic Ocean is named after him, that one? Its, as far as I'm concerned, just as real as the giant that holds the sky.

Go see this link as well.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

There still are strange things in history unexplained:
1: cocaine in Egyptian mummies
2: statues of bearded men in South America (also Quetzatquotl)
3: the Piri Reis charts, showing an ice free Queen Maud Land (about 6000bc)

Seeing these examles, there must have been a connection between Afrika and South America a long time ago. Maybe Atlantis plays a role in here?

It was probably just any continent that just sunk but I doubt that gods sunk it since there is only One God.

well, i personally don't have any idea as to the truth behind this, but i'd like to believe tis is true, perhaps coz atlantis sounds like a haven free and wild to me. =x

Quote by GEEThere still are strange things in history unexplained:
1: cocaine in Egyptian mummies
2: statues of bearded men in South America (also Quetzatquotl)
3: the Piri Reis charts, showing an ice free Queen Maud Land (about 6000bc)

Seeing these examles, there must have been a connection between Afrika and South America a long time ago. Maybe Atlantis plays a role in here?

Interesting. There's actually a road connecting Cuba and Yucatan sunken in the Yucatan Channel. Legend says that Itzamna, one of the principals gods in the Yucatan mayan's pantheon came from the sea, from the East, from a land that sunked.

Some believe that Itzamna actually existed, just as it is said of Kukulkan-Quetzatcoaltl. A United State's photographer and antropologist came to investigate the story before those ruins were known. He came at the beggining of the XX century and stayed here until his dead, and he was pretty sure to have found a carved stone telling the story in the jungle. But his papers were lost.

Is believed that Itzamna was a leader that came with his people from a ruined land and fusioned his race with the mayan. Or that they were actually the mayan. Anyway, he was a healer and an artist, and 4 piramids were built in his honor in the most ancient mayan city in the Peninsula, Itzmal, today known as Izamal. Now a beautifull colonial city, you can still see 2 of those piramids. An enourmous and beautifull franciscan church is built over the base of a third piramid. The fourth dissapeared, destroyed by the Spanish.

Anyway, Cuban goverment is gonna destroy that sunken way, to see if it's possible to exploit oil. Castro said that oil is more important to his people than old mexican ruins. So, some secrets are never gonna be known.

You can investigate about this in www.yucatan.com.mx Is a local newspaper, but problem is that it's in Spanish.

cetrax

DO A BARREL ROLL!

Quote by jasaiyajinWTF is atlantis anyway, can you eat it?

That would be ideal, but unfortunately it's just some lame city that got owned. People continued to exaggerate, and now the story has been exaggerated to ridiculous levels.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

I heard they after the big wave they all moved to Atlanta.
But Atlantis seems real .. I've seen it on TV, Go Mitchel go, kick to Wraith bastard asses.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

i believe in Atlantis and i believe that one day the earth soon will engulf other major cities. Atlantis was an advaned city and the people were one of a kind but in the world now some countries are advanced and no matter what technology they have now and had in the past places will still be destroyed. S.Mathews

Atlantis is a wrestler!
the children's idol
ATLANTIS MALDAD is an atlantida's warrior. and i believe in him
hahahaha

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

Atlantis existed... at some point there was a land mass that sunk down and was covered with water....

I don't believe they were magical creatures

I don't believe they became mermaids and mermen

I don't believe that it was a special place... just a place that had a natural thing happen to it (like Pompeii or a village that got a forest fire or an earthquake or whatever... just normal stuff that people can sometimes use to make stories with)

-Boojitsu21 :pacman:

I'll believe it if I get some 100% verified evidence, but until then, it's merely another myth like Bigfoot and UFOs

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I like this article here (similar to the last one, just easier to read):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis

I think Atlantis might have been a place in Antarctica, before the snow. I've heard on the History Channel (History's Mysteries), that they have old maps that were copies from the library of Alexandria that are very similar to the land that's buried under the ice in Antarctica.

I've also heard of the magnetic poles switching to the equator in the past (there is supposed to be another switch sometime soon in the future too). If that's the case, its possible there was a polar shift and the continent was covered in ice and was lost. http://www.polereversal.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=2

I always thought the legend of Atlantis would've been kinda cool if it were real. :D

i believe that their was a content that diapered thats called Atlantis, but i don't believe the aliens part.

?

Atlantis really existed and was Minoic culture.
They were spread in the shout actual Greek islands, and a submarine volcano sent their whole civilation to hell.
They had strong commerce bonds with Egyptians, that remembered their history and told it to Platon hundred years after, who was the first author to write the myth.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.