Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it wrong if a girl can't cook? - Minitokyo

Is it wrong if a girl can't cook?

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 240 total items

Nope, how could it be wrong when even some guys can't cook (like me). I honestly don't know how to cook food well so I usually do simple one when I feel up to it and the rest of the time I eat out. Of course, too much eating out is expensive and not necessarily healthy for you either. ^_^'

of course not! its so tiring listening to all these gender roles. we're already in 06, i know more guys who can cook than i do girls, so dont be discouraged if you cant. i admit that im spoiled, and cant cook for my life, its always made for me. people often make fun of it, but hey, why should they care?

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

I can cook basic stuff but that's all I can do. ^_^'
I think I'll try again when I'm a bit older. :) But really, I can't cook.

In the first place, we are not going to throw a girl away coz she doesn't know hwo to cook. Simple things are enought in the first place. But maybe went time goes on, the girl should learn few thing (i'm sure the guy would be pleased and the girl also buy the way).
Cooking is not so important :)

<(^^<) (>^^)>

I'm 16 and I don't know how to cook (just instant noodle and fried egg xD), my family doesn't bother me with lessons or an obligation learn... YET
because my mom has still time to cook but I know someday I'll need to learn or maybe as my own wanting.
But it's something society, or most part of it, consider as an woman thing, "they need to cook for the family", and I ask "why not the man?", even knowing there are some who cook (and pretty well)...
I'm not in a hurry to learn no matter what they say, it's something I choose still, so I guess you should do the same if not necessary to learn quickly, for me there's no problem.

regardless of whether you are a man or a women, everyone should learn how to cook because it is a basic skill to get by in life. Personally, I don't know how to cook but I would be thrilled to see people enjoy something I made.

nop it doesent matter that a girl cant cool the relation ship is all that matters in my opinyon just enjoy your relationship and if you think that you need to kook well lern your faverite resipies and share them with your frends and famly

*~i am the proud administrator of~* *~pink-pearl-princess~*Signature Image

originalanimelover, your way of typing makes me think you're from Japan XD.

Well....I'm the boy, and I know how to cook, while my sister doesn't, so I think it's not the big problem. Although, I still prefer girls know how to cook a proper meal.

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

Well, u see guys have been eating fast food all the time from young through university, even when we work that we become so sick about it. But we cant afford going to expensive restaurants so we depend on wives to cook up something nutritious and with love as its ingredient. Well, its alright if she cant cook but it would be fantastic if she could. Having to bring home-made lunch to work is a blessing.

a girl that can't cook is like....... BLASPHEMY! ! ! ! ! lol

guys should know how to kook as well ...at least simple stuff ^__^ ..I know simple stuff :-P

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

I think it it, but I also think its wrong if a guy can't cook. I'm not saying everone need to be a chef, but I think we should all have at least some basic cooking skills. After all cooking is a survival skill.

that's not wrong actually.....
but if you can taste the food that your girlfriend cook will end you up in happiness (of cause it has to be delicious)
if not, why don't you do it the other way round?

I'm incomplete,
I'm a hybrid,
I'm the demi-god,
I'm ONIGAMI!

That's horrible. If a girl can't cook, what else is she good for besides ironing? Sigh...

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

It's as wrong as a guy who can cook...

(which I don't think is wrong btw)
[even if I can't cook]
[and I laugh at people who can] >.>

Hi

I defy the term "wrong." No, it ain't wrong. My mom can't cook. O.o But my dad can.

To say their inability to cook as something wrong isnt appropriate. Its something more like a weakness aside from the traditional view that women should know how to cook. It is more of an advantage though if u can cook. This applies to both men n women.

I dont think it matters at all if they can cook or not,it doesnt bother me at all,there is always alternatives,takeout,noodles,chef boyardee.I also woudnt mine going to a restaurant once in a while.all i care about its being with my girl whether she can cook or not.

It's only wrong if it's wrong for males to lack the ability to cook.

Its not wrong. That doesn't really matter, a girl can cook but guys can also cook

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

It is never wrong. Traditions aside, a woman should not be automaticaly expected nowadays to cook.

That is not saying that it's not a necessary skill. Cooking is one thing a person should learn before setting out on their own. A person shouldn't have to live on fast or instant food alone.

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

Man! I thought I couldn't cook, but the fact is what to cook! Sometimes I make-up weird stuff when BF comes over to my house. Something with eggs and sausages... Hahaha... But we mostly don't have all the right ingredients in the house to make something randomly good... :P But its the thought that you TRIED cooking maybe... would turn the guy on.. Hahaha...

Nowadays, i can say that a woman who can cook would be great, BUT its not necessary to make a decision, so if i will marry someone, will be for what she is, not if she can or canot cook, thats for 19th centuary and before... now if i want some eggs and coffee, i go to the kitchen and prepare the damn things, two if she wants some too ;) in other words if i want to eat delicious food, and my loved wife cant cook, i buy the food done or take cooking class.

Quote: Does it really matter if girls can't cook?
Is there anything wrong with it or it doesn't matter at all?

Well, it sure doesn't hurt when a gal can cook! But, no, I don't think there's anything wrong with a girl that can't, or doesn't like to cook, provided that a husband and wife discuss what's best for everyone (kids included), and how to best get those hot meals on the table.

That said, I would probably question whether or not there's a desire to do so there, because I've yet to meet anyone that "can't cook" but that either simply hasn't had a lot of opportunity to do so yet, or that simply doesn't like doing it for one reason or another. Perhaps their confidence was shot after a mess-up, maybe they'd just like to watch TV instead...who knows...

But like anything else, there's practice and experience involved if you want to hone your craft, but in the end I think the key remains the desire to actually want to do it, first.

My opinion, the girl doesn't have to know how to cook all that well. Cooking is easy to learn and doesn't take long. Anyone can cook >.> If the girl can't, the guy can do the work for her or they can work together. :)
Sure it's a + if the girl can cook, it's charming! Though it's not a must, what's pizza delivery service for anyway? :D
I can't cook real meals, learned in school, but I got a mom at home, she cooks. I'll start learning when I'm moving out :D Only thing I can cook now is instant noodles... fried eggs... tacos <.< and some fried rice with veggies + meat... :3

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 240 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.