Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it wrong if a girl can't cook? - Minitokyo

Is it wrong if a girl can't cook?

page 5 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 240 total items

Well, it's not really a sex-specific thing anymore. To be honest, both sexes should learn how to cook a little at the very least.

Just because a girl isn't given the forceful responsibility to cook, doesn't mean that they shouldn't learn for their own sake.
I mean, it'll be hularious if 2 partners got together, got a place of their own, and on the 1st day only realise... None of them could cook. XD
Microwave-able food anyone?

In conclusion, don't feel bad about not being a master chef. But for your own good, learn how to have at least one decent meal before having to go to Fast Food everyday.

maidoflorraine08

Lavender

I don't think it matters really. I'm a girl, and I can cook, if I've got directions. But since my dad works from home, he almost always does the cooking instead of my mom, and he's become rather amazing at it. I think the gender boundaries associated with cooking are falling more and more apart as our world gets crazier.

Shigure: *thumbs up* "JUSTICE PREVAILS!"
-Fruits Basket, Volume 8

No. I'm a girl and I can't cook for beans. ^_^'

Its doesn't matter if girl can't cook. But if they can, maybe it will be useful for her family.

Who came up with the idea that girls HAVE to cook?
People cook if they're good at it overlooking the gender

That thought is just a stereotypical question....

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

i think it dosen't matter^^ in the end both of them must cook if they get married perhaps^^ i'm not good at cooking but if i must i think i can^^

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

wahaha...it's a shame for girls who can't cook even an instant noodles or eggs?...ROFL ^^
Well, i can cook but not a professional though...but, still edible.
btw, i like to make my own recipies eventhough, the first time is worst...hehehe

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

LifeAndColor

The Observer

No. Unless it bothers you or your parter.

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Quote by vatican92Who came up with the idea that girls HAVE to cook?
People cook if they're good at it overlooking the gender

That thought is just a stereotypical question....

I totally agree with that statement. My boyfriend cooks... better than me. He can even bake awesome cakes and cookies and candy and complicated stuff. I think that there is no reason why anyone should be ashamed if they can't cook. Just try, it takes time and experience to get better at anything.

I see a lot of people go into the store and by TV dinners... ew! I mean... you shouldn't LIVE off of those things! I think everyone needs to learn how to cook. When my grandma died and my grandpa moved in with us, I thought it was terrible that he didn't know how to cook at all! Grandma was a saint. She cooked EVERYTHING for him. He just knows how to make a cup of tea. It makes me sad. He never wanted to know how to cook and he figured that it was "her responsibility" to do those things for him. I know that he grew up with a more sexist (women are mothers, cooks, and maids... ARG THAT MAKES ME SOOO MAD!) attitude... but its still not an excuse. I love my grandpa, but when I get treated like a maid/cook... I can't stand it.

Anyways, that's my rant about stereotypes and sexist people... XD

Its no longer an issue of sex, but I think that cooking is an essential 'survival' skill much like being able to do laundry or basic car repairs. I'm a guy and I cook cause that's how I was brought up, but I also want a girl who can cook too. Not because she'll be doing it for me all of the time, but because there's gonna be times where I'm too tired and can't be made to do the cooking.

The more I think of it, the less people (girls and boys alike) that are around who can do basic things like cook. Its not like you gotta be a gourmet or anything, just be able to cook some kind of dishes without the use of a microwave or a premade package. I knew a girl in college who managed to burn Easy Mac in her microwave, others who said they can't do it so they won't learn. Its sad. :(

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

I don't think it matters whether a girl can cook or not - as long as they can survive by themselves later in adulthood, I reckon it's fine. I can't cook myself, just the other day, I tried steaming vegetables.....for 30 mins the vegetables were still cold and they were still hard......then I turned the heat up ^_^" (it was on low heat before)....so yeah, I'm hopeless in the kitchen....but if I'm by myself, I can still survive - take out, sandwiches, the odd fried egg or rice....^_^ it's all good ^_^

AngelTAP

AngelTAP

Keeper of the Midnight Sun

Your not alone, I can't really cook that much either. Not unless its fairly simple. I don't see anything wrong in a girl not knowing how to cook. But they do at least need to be able how to feed themselves. (I guess I didn't inherit the cooking gene)

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

its not that big deal that you cant't cook,it's not yet late to learn...^o^
maybe youre just a late bloomer, time will come and you will learn cooking...kjust always think positive

cooking is something anyone can learn. Innate talent may limit how much you can cook, but I think that anyone can whip enough stuff up to feed them if need be.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

farhana

farhana

::Ciel::

I have been wandering this question a lot. The truth is I'm not a good cooker myself. All I can do is simple thing.
Maybe I should marry someone who can cook. Hehe..just kidding.
I should learn more..

Lolz.. In relation to the question, I think its kinda cute (for lack of better words :D) if the girl doesn't know how to cook and I do the cooking for her. (She doesn't necessarily have to be my gf lol :))

On the other hand, on the gender issue, heh. Don't get too worked up about it. :) I'm partial to the Feminist Theory, but I have to admit that if that's what the majority believes, I would have to be God to change their minds. I could inform them, but not necessarily change them. :)

i don't think it's matter if you can't cook^^ of course it's important too learn when you move out or something. but. you learn! i can't cook either >_<

I think it is pretty awesome if he/she can cook, but if they don't know how it doesn't really matter.

I think we've seen enough anime that there are a good amount of girls that can't cook. If they did try, it would be better if they experimented on themselves before on their friends/boyfriends/husbands.
I think that there are enough fast food and restaurants out there for those that can't cook, or are too lazy to have home cooked meals...

Alas, a new life is created;
never knowing its challenges;
Facing it with no words learnt;
we were all the same at this stage

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

Well... considering I'm a pretty damn good cook, I'd say no because I got us covered on that. ;)

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

manhattanitgirl

manhattanitgirl

Alden Demoss

Of course not! I believe in women rights. Women weren't born to wait on men hand and foot and cook for them. We can do whatever we want to do.
Hahaha...but still, it's a great plus if you can cook.....you just seem more appealing to a guy if you can.
I love cooking! It's so much fun!
But still, you don't HAVE to know how to cook.

Signature Image
Alden Demoss

wow man.... i feel sorry for whoever thinks..... girl can't cook = bad wife or something stupid like that lol....... it feels like they're living in the past..... anyways ya nothin wrong with it man... so whats it matter if you can't cook or not? lol some can cook easily some can't...... those who can't.... if they work hard enough they can... where as people that can adapt easily with cooking... if they try hard enough they become pros XD

I do not think it really matters if a girl can cook or not but everyone always learns to cook something.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Lol, it doesn't matter, but it is a plus. But this is for both guys and girls. No sexist sterotypes. :)

page 5 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 240 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.