Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it wrong if a girl can't cook? - Minitokyo

Is it wrong if a girl can't cook?

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 240 total items

Narikoneko

Narikoneko

Bishie lover~

Quote by selimangagirl
And... why is the wife who cooks? A husband can cook too. I think that we mustn't live in a society that thinks that wife=housework / husband=work

I never wanted to say that there should be only the wife that cooks :D I also have poor english, that's why I don't really get myself understood... I tried to answer the question cuz it was about girls who can't cook... and I don't really think girls can be husbands too... Of course, it would be really good if the husband knows how to cook too, and it's also nice for the wife to eat food prepared by her spouse... I agree that we shouldn't live in the kind of society you say. Men and women should be considered as equal of something like that... :) Heh, since I'm a girl, I am completelly anti only-wife-cooks-does-all-the-housework-yada-yada :P. I hope this isn't really too offtopic X-O

Skeclipse

Eclipse d'Shadow

in my opinion a girls must know at least something about cooking...(not to be an expert because it would be imposible) ...i personaly know a little about cooking and i noticed that somethimes it comes in handy some knowledge in this domain.... its not wrong if a girl can\'t cook, not every one is talented or can understand...in the end gastronomy is an art to ^_^...(just an opinion from a crazy girl >_<)

Husbands can cook as well as the wife, but there is the whole classical view of the husband coming home and his wife cooking dinner, but this was before the whole "Woman's Rights" movement that took place, so that look is outdated. I'm a guy and I personally love to cook, besides, how hard is it to make rouladin? Can't be harder to cook it then it is to spell ;) I think that it depends on the situation of the couple, if the wife works later, guess who? And if vice-versa, it should be the wife who cooks, but if both of them cook, maybe get some food that is easy to cook, get take-out, etc.
To all you women at there that can cook: good for you! Now threaten your husband, boy friend, or family with dishes that are either a) unknown or b) notoriously bad.
To those who cannot: big deal, do you really think guys would go, "O, so you mean you can't cook? You're no use for us, good bye." And if they are like that...I hope you can refer them to a good psychiatrist.
Personally, I think that women are meant to be a person to share your life with, no matter how emo that sounds ^_^

(""\O.O/"")-"meow"

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

well.... to start off... i belive that every single person (regardless of sex) should know how to cook at least the basics because everyone needs to eat to survive. But... as for the wife thing.. i think the cooking should be shared by husband and wife alike. :) So, they should both know how to cook.

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

thesadsoup

thesadsoup

The Ultimate Anime Hyprocrite

If a chick could cook thats a definate plus. I mean, who wouldn't want a hot girl who could also make a mean beef stew or something ;)

i agree with Shadowndawn that everyone should know how to cook. Bout the wife thing, i think most newly-weds don't cook and just eat out most of the time?

Quote by mukumukuwell, i had a talk with some 40+ auntie today and she found out that I can't cook well and she gave me the look .. after that .. i had quite a long lecture about why girls must be able to cook .. not about survival but about feeding husband o_O .. well i guess like what some people said here .. its bout society and people should be able to cook at least to feed yourself .. i am still on training but i hope one day i can cook well too! .. GO ME ^_^'

dude, ever thought of why she is a 40+ auntie? :3 it's the traditional thinking! (not all but most of them old folks) if it's about survival, even raw food counts but feeding husband?! Are they a baby or something? :P go you! LOL..I can cook but so far simple stuff.

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

onestepclosertonumb

onestepclosertonumb

-Beneath the Elysion-

I'm a kind of girl like that -_- Not really... I cook not bad, but i can only make some simple dishes... I don't have much time to do that too ><

Signature Image

no it's not wrong if a girl can't cook, i know lots of girls who aren't that great at it. (neither am i but that's not the point)
but personally, i think that everyone should learn how to cook or at least attempt to cook

Yes. It's definitely wrong for a girl not to know how to cook. It's also wrong for a boy to not know how to cook. I see cooking as one of those essential skills that you just need to learn at some point. I don't mean they have to be able to cook restaurant quality food. Even if they can only make one dish, it's still a very useful skill to have, especially in the college/university years.

"It is especially important to encourage unorthodox thinking when the situation is critical: At such moments every new word and fresh thought is more precious than gold. Indeed, people must not be deprived of the right to think their own thoughts. "

-Boris Yeltsin

When you leave home. You need to know how to cook, both men and girls. Its not hard, but relying on someone else to cook for you is really bad. Fast food is also not the way to go either. Its make easy dishes such as pasta with various sauces like tomato paste with onion and shredded cheese. Stir fry with butterscotch chicken. Easy dishes to make and healthy too.

As for the house wife, its bad that a wife cant cook. Regardless on what sex. But at least try, like actually try to cook. Its not difficult to follow instructions. If all hell brakes loose. Start on something smaller and work your way up.

108Stars

108Stars

Cinnamon Mama

Well,as a girl,I have a opinion that every girl must be able to cook.You don't need to cook like great chef,at least girls can cook simple thing...

I wish I good at cooking someday...I must learn >_<

'Speak softly and carry a big stick -- you will go far.'

gundam00

gundam00

Gundam Pilot

My mom is teaching me how to cook because if she dosent know at least I know and can teach her,

Wing Zero
Signature

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Haha, no, nothing is wrong with that ^^. But I dont hear so often from a girl "Im bad in the kitchen", it comes unusual for my ears. But there is nothing wrong with it. Everybody are human after all, you cant be good at everything.
Well, it does matter if a girl cant cook. She cant take care of herself effectiv in her house, but I think thats it.
And about that wife stuff, it would be silly throwing something like that away just because she cant cook. Lol

Signature Image

Of course. Everyone knows that women aren't allowed to leave the kitchen! ;)

In all honestly, I don't think girls have to know how to cook, but it is nice, and more convenient than eating out or and healthier than eating instant noodles all the time.

which reminds me. I have to learn how to cook. o.0

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Kazakian

Memetic Legacy

it doesn't really say anywhere that a girl has to learn to cook. I know to cook some simple stuff and i suppose that will be enough.

If a woman knew how to cook, it would certainly make her more appealing :D but it isn't wrong for women not to know how to cook.

Haha, a few of my friends can't cook. We have a running joke that goes along the lines of "buy one, get one free." As in, if one of them ever gets married, their mum would come with the package to make up for their 'incompetence'. Anyway, it's defnitely not wrong if a girl can't cook. Just the same as the man not having to be the breadwinner. I guess as long as you're good at something else. Although it doesn't hurt if you know how to whip up a quick dish, for your sake, not your man's.

It's ok if you cant cook. It doesnt really matter. If your not married look for a husband who will cook for you. Thats what my mom did. lol. I can cook but like I said you dont have to need to know how to cook.

"Let's stay together, itsumo"Signature Image

Life is more faster than before , people usually don't have enough time to cook . But , in old opinoin , a wife must know cook .
So , what I want to say is , time changed , and people must change too .

actually..
i don't think so.
i can't really cook either, lol.

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

hmm i cannot cook, but i think when i do finally settle down in a place, i think i would want to learn how to cook.

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

angelshroud

angelshroud

bloody moon

i am not that worried if she cant cook as long as she can cook some basics i am good or i will just teach her myself

my name is william and i like samurai and well you get the point

This is a simple one, Everyone should know how to cook, men and women alike. It would be a shame if you had to order out or use only processed food all the time (a main cause of acne Peeps!) simply because you and your partner can't cook. Cooking is actually just as much fun as it is work, but some (usually the lazy) see only the work of it plus the clean up while others don't. No one starts off cooking excellently 100% of the time and those who don't try won't ever. So my answer is yes, there is something wrong if a woman can't cook, but likewise, her man better not talk trash if he can't either without releasing a lvl 5 death nova on us all.

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 240 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.