Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is suicide worth it? - Minitokyo

Is suicide worth it?

Is suicide worth it?

Defintely!
17 votes
No Way!
154 votes
I'm not sure
41 votes

Only members can vote.

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Suicide is a permanent solution to a more than likely temporary problem. I can almost guarantee whatever takes you there has other answers.

Zaza4

Zaza4

~.:llTsukimiya.Yukikoll:.~

Suicide is not worth it. It is the most stupid and coward way to end life. We have only one life, to end it so quickly is not worth it. Besides, in some countries suicide is a crime, even if you are died, you still need to have your punishment who don't love your own life.

nah not worth at all

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

A school newspaper asked me that very same question and I replied'only if you have a good reason to do so'.
But now I take back that response,I completely disagree with suiciding.
We weren't brought up into this world just so we could decide to end our existense by ourselves.Only the Lord can decide when our time comes.
Unless we are accidentally killed.

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

MystikalLam

MystikalLam

Lam A.K.A. Chops

I agree...with SpiritOnParole...there has to be other ways around your problems. Besides, I think that by killing yourself, you'd be hurting a lot of people that care about you...which imo isn't good.

~Playstation 3 Fanboy~

FinalFantasyFans

Suicide is the act of cowards... frustration is no excuse for such kind of scape to the chanllenges of life. Well I'm keeping my comments short this time.

Do you seek death? If the answer is yes, commit suicide, don't take others with you. If your answer is yes, you don't want to wait for it, you want it really soon, and throwing others into the equation of you going down. You are one of the people who have an opinion and its so strong that you feel there is no other way of looking at it. Just because your glad to be here doesn't mean others are. It is not selfish, killing other people with you or just plain killing other people for your gain is selfish. If you think suicide is selfish, stop being a prat and wake up. Would you rather have a problem were someone wants to instead go in a "blaze of glory" so they hold people hostage and kill more than needed hoping to get a "suicide by cop" sort of death? No you don't, to eliminate even the possibility of that, suicide should be an option. The end.

merged: 10-05-2007 ~ 12:54pm
The lord cannot decide your time, he can only give you a limit. He will give you the maximum amount of time you are allowed to live. There are numerous endings for us all, we just have to choose what we think is right. You can die tomorrow, today, or in 20 years. Its up to your decision making abilities.
Suicide is no tthe act of cowards all the time, sometimes, maybe most of the time it is. there are the times were somebody is dragging down people by staying alive, and no matter what they won't let go as they get drug down further and further. One way to solve everything is to kill yourself, forcing them to let go and making it so no one else can do the same thing. I am not heartless, I am thinking as, or trying to think as, people who have commited suicide in the past. I have never known anyone to, and if I did, I would analyze the situation than choose weither to go "well, they did what they thought was best and was, even though everyone didnt like it" or "what a coward to escape his problems in such a way." You can't be biased in making decisions about this.

(""\O.O/"")-"meow"

urdchan

goddess of fate

I don't think it is always easy to answer this. For some people their quality of life is poor or even "negative" so seeking death is understandable. Also, I think the whole "coward" response lacks understanding of what it feels like to be in such a state of despair or pain.

I don't post on this site much; I'm usually here for the great artwork. Also it was by chance that I even went into the forums. But the reason I posted is that after reading some of the responses it really seemed like some people have not lived enough to go through some really tough life experiences. I can speak from recent experience - after something happens in your life that is a tragic and unexpected shock, your views on life change a great deal. This is not so say that killing yourself is right, but it makes it a serious question with no easy answer.

-urdchan

Signature
...without the dark there can be no light...

Suicide...
Such a selfish thing to do. Like does the people who suicides evey think about how thier parents ,relatives and friends feel? I bet they never did.
I was told when I was a kid the this life we're having is not ours [nothing is...]. It's our parent's. Si if you wanna die, go and ask them for permission first.

Just a thought...

Quote by SpiritOnParoleSuicide is a permanent solution to a more than likely temporary problem. I can almost guarantee whatever takes you there has other answers.

I agree with this, Whether it is worth it is hard to say. Many people have a negative opinion of it in general, for many valid reasons. But I also feel that at teh same time you need to be experience what that person is feeling/going through 100% to even remotely understand their decision to do such things.

I myself have attempted 3 times in my life. It is a dark road that I hope to never travel again. For me the thoughts that led up to my decision were very heavy and i tried considering everything even those whom I would be puting through so much pain by my deed. Right before trying was also very painful. They say depression causes physical pain and its true I've experienced it and I wanted nothing more for it to end, I wanted all my problems, all my pain, all my mistakes and so much more to all disappear. I would say that I'm doing better now and it has taken a lot to get here and almost 90% was all in my friends. I dont believe in meds either. The only thing is that even though now i'm ok, suicide is always in the back of my mind and its something that still enters my mind a lot, but all I can do is try and be stronger and get through it.

"I've had too many stand-offs with you and its about as much as I can stand."

Quote by DeathbonewitchDo you seek death? If the answer is yes, commit suicide, don't take others with you. If your answer is yes, you don't want to wait for it, you want it really soon, and throwing others into the equation of you going down. You are one of the people who have an opinion and its so strong that you feel there is no other way of looking at it. Just because your glad to be here doesn't mean others are. It is not selfish, killing other people with you or just plain killing other people for your gain is selfish. If you think suicide is selfish, stop being a prat and wake up. Would you rather have a problem were someone wants to instead go in a "blaze of glory" so they hold people hostage and kill more than needed hoping to get a "suicide by cop" sort of death? No you don't, to eliminate even the possibility of that, suicide should be an option. The end.

merged: 10-05-2007 ~ 12:54pm
The lord cannot decide your time, he can only give you a limit. He will give you the maximum amount of time you are allowed to live. There are numerous endings for us all, we just have to choose what we think is right. You can die tomorrow, today, or in 20 years. Its up to your decision making abilities.
Suicide is no tthe act of cowards all the time, sometimes, maybe most of the time it is. there are the times were somebody is dragging down people by staying alive, and no matter what they won't let go as they get drug down further and further. One way to solve everything is to kill yourself, forcing them to let go and making it so no one else can do the same thing. I am not heartless, I am thinking as, or trying to think as, people who have commited suicide in the past. I have never known anyone to, and if I did, I would analyze the situation than choose weither to go "well, they did what they thought was best and was, even though everyone didnt like it" or "what a coward to escape his problems in such a way." You can't be biased in making decisions about this.

Have you ever seen people from the marginalized sector? They lack food, shelter and clothing, yet they strive desperately to survive. They roam the streets looking for food and trying to find some means of work just to fill their empty stomachs. Yet you, given the necessities of life readily at hand choose to die?

Suicide is indeed selfish. Sure you have problems, but pass a glance towards the less fortunate. They who suffer from hunger and disease. A cancer patient has the will to live even if they know their time is short. Yet you only have problems that are temporary and choose to end it.

If people would consider you as a burden then you shouldn't be with them. Family and friends would never think that you are dragging them down because you are precious to them.

By committing suicide you only solve your own problems. Your family for one would have to consider your funeral, not to mention the emotional stress that you could inflict on both friend and family.

Performing suicide doesn't save your soul. Doing it will only give you a problem you can't solve and you can't escape from. A punishment for killing yourself.

When the thought of suicide comes into mind, remember those who died of an illness or accident, and think, "They treasured every second of their lives even though it was painful, shouldn't I cherish my own for their sake?"

SuperGrouper

SuperGrouper

usually not here

Suicide is never the answer. As long as a person is alive, their life can get better- but if they die, how could they ever be happy? God gives a person purpose and joy. He treasures every life and has a plan- a plan for peace and prosperity- for everyone. If they die, then they can't achieve that plan.

Spiritual issues aside, suicide causes terrible pain for those left behind. Even if someone thinks that no one cares, there is ALWAYS SOMEONE who loves them and is hurt by losing them. They live on and always ask themselves what they could have done to save the friend/relative that they lost. They want to ask questions about why the victim took their own life and if it was their fault, but the dead person isn't there to answer them.

Suicide doesn't just murder the victim- it also causes a wave of pain among everyone that knew them. At its heart, suicide is the most selfish and cowardly way to die. It's one person saying that they want to give up and they don't care who it hurts. I've seen the results that suicide has on the survivors. No one should be forced to suffer through that.

There is ALWAYS hope for someone, as long as they are alive. How many heroes have risen from seeming failure to become something great? If they had given up, then their lives would have ended in failure. Sadness, like every other negative force, can be overcome.

I'm not on very often. If you PM me, expect to wait about a year or so before I get around to checking it.

is suicide worth it? well, is shooting yourself in the foot worth it? didn't think so...

enough said...

There are some times when suicide is worth it. It depends. If you are in extreme suffering, truly think about it. Will the people you really care about be hurt by it? Don't let your urge to suicide bias this judgement. Make sure you know what they would really think. If everyone you care about really hates your guts and wants you dead, i think it would be rather kind-hearted of you to suicide.

I admit, I've considered killing myself before, when my life was like a glass cup dropped from a second story window, but I soon realized two things:
1. A girl who's been my best friend for 7 years would most likely be traumatized by it, and i dont want to hurt her in any way.
2. my crush - even though she's not in love with me, i know it would hurt her because she still likes me as a friend, and i would do anything to protect her from being hurt.

if someone disagrees with me and would like to have a more in-depth debate/discussion, feel free to PM me or something. There's no clear definition right or wrong, so it's a rather interesting topic to have a deeper discussion about.

Cheers. Another year wasted.

I HATE school. it leaves you with no time to chase your own personal goals and ambitions.

You'll seriously piss off the survivors around you. It's a shitty way to go. Nothing's worth it, and as someone who has lost good friends and family members to death (accidents and natural causes), you resent the people that feel they're entitled to take their own away.

chopstix07

Kintoki

Hey i'm new here...well to the forums anyways.....moving on.....
I think suicide is worth it if the person thought it through enough and found absolutely no way around the problem.
Like i've attempted suicide before.....but then i didn't go through with it because one step away and i realized i hadn't thought it through enough.....actually i still am thinking it through ^_^' X-P

suicide is just a way to escape reality, it dont solve the problem which have occur!

Suicide doesn't really accomplish much, because if you're like me and don't necessarily believe in an afterlife, then you really have nothing to gain.

Charmaynard

Charmaynard

The Best Part Of Waking Up

In my opinion, there is always something else you can do besides kill yourself. Move to another part of the country and restart your life? Yes. Ask for help from your friends and take care of your problems the best way you can? Definitely. But if you are convinced that your only solution to your problems is to take your own life, then you are sorely mistaken.

Try The Lizard, You'll Love It.

Eisritter

Eisritter

Cool As Ice

The inability to hope for a bettter day or to resist the pain forces such people to do this vile act, Tragic

If there were no God, it would be fine with me if even the whole just decided to kill themselves for no apparent reason. There is a certain romance to suicide, I'll admit.

I take it that God took the trouble to create us and loves us, and that makes suicide morally wrong. Just imagine how you would feel if you built up a lego figure and it disassembled itself...I'd feel gutted and frustrated.

Another reason against suicide is hell. Most religions agree you go there if you suicide. Whatever the suicidee is going through, hell will definately be worse.

It should be noted that a human consumes lots of resources for many years in order to become a fully functioning, mature member of humanity. It can be considered morally wrong to kill yourself because all those years of building you up have just gone to waste with one unproductive act.

no way is the answer for me.
not like it will solves anything, rather making thing worst.

Suicide just ain't worth it, people. As someone who has had a lot of bad stuff happen to him, I'm suprised that I'm still here. I've came close to killing myself once. I had gotten one of those big kitchen knives out of the knife block, stared at it for a moment, grabbed it in both hands, and stopped. I thought to myself, "What the fuck am I doing? This ain't worth it, man" and put the knife away. Looking back now, it scares me how close I came to ending it right there. So I wanna say to you right now, if you're reading this, don't do it. No amount of bad shit is worth killing yourself over.

Is anyone here religious. If so , you probably know that suicide is considered a sin (you're defying the will of god) and you will be sentenced to hell. Whether true or not, I'd rather not risk it.

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.