Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 American Music VS. Japanese Music - Minitokyo

American Music VS. Japanese Music

American Music VS. Japanese Music

American Music
50 votes
Japanese Music
126 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 223 total items

Japanese music best thing in the world no doubt about it

well the only thing I can't appreciate in american music is the hip-hop(some have bad meesages I guess)the older american music is much meaningful I like the old ones like linkin park,but most of all I like japanese ones cause ther's a lot more meaning.

I would choose American Music, because I can understand the lyrics, Japanese Music will do especially POP Japanese Music.
But I prefer both...

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

like them both....:)...cant relly make my mind

MillionVoices

~Live Your Life~

That's pretty hard to decide. I like both American and Japanese music, mostly because I'm a multi-cultural girl. But I think I would have to go with American music, mostly because I'm American and I grew up listening to American music all my life. But I like to listen to other music, Japanese is a close second, English (British), Spanish, French, Chinese, etc. As long as the music is good I will listen to it, I don't discriminate.

I know that I'm going a bit off topic here, but I feel that it have to be said. Most people think that American music is all about sex, drugs, violence, cursing, etc. But that's not the case, all that people describe is mainly basis for rap music, but not all rap music is like that. For example, try listening to Nappy Roots (A Good Day), Bone Thugz N' Harmony (Crossroads), Nas (I KNow I Can). Those are just a few of the goos rappers (and some of my fav. songs.). But there is also Eminem, Kanye West, Mase, Tupac, Biggie, Missy Elliot..... well you get the picture.

Basically my point is, is that American music does not revolve around those things ( stated above). Those are the kind of music that I like steer myself away from. I love listening to Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Deon, Linkin Park, Leona Lewis, Natasha Bedingfield, Tatu, BoA, Namie Amuro, Eminem, Tupac, Nas, Temptations, Patty Labelle, Koda Kumi,......... I'm gonna stop here because if I keep going I'll never stop. lol

LOL EUROPEAN MUSIC SUCKS, yes we have our legends from finland and the likes of queen but otherwise we release alot of embarassing rubbish (watch eurovision and you will see)
J ROCK and J POP use instruments and electric instruments alot more carefuly than we did, as far as westerners are concerend if its loud or has a beat its fine.
Listen to Janne D Arc on this melty blood vid >_> awsomeness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYDrOjUmlqs&mode=related&search=

Posted by English Goth Geek Girl thing

All i've heard from ppl. is that the Japs have great pop and rap. Just to let you all know that the Japs utterly fail in Rock since American rock dominates their poor excuse for rock/pop or whatever the hell they create. There where never be a day where I see a Japanese artist display skills like that of Van Halen, Slash, or Jimi Hendrix. Oh yeah I almost forgot that the Japs made that Anime Beck after the American band. Now that says alot that our music is just better than theirs. Another thing to add is that American rock has better lyrics than Japanese lyrics. In the end they can only copy from us and hope to sound better but fail. Oh yeah Kotori-Sohaka that song in that vid sucked so the advice I have for you is get better taste in music.

In other word Japanese music is not as good American music all Japan can wish they good as American artist, speaking of Jimi Hendrix a Japanese band stole one of his rifts.

P.S.Kotori-Sohaka you showed me how terrible Japanese music is.

Quote by AkureiOrbAll i've heard from ppl. is that the Japs have great pop and rap. Just to let you all know that the Japs utterly fail in Rock since American rock dominates their poor excuse for rock/pop or whatever the hell they create. There where never be a day where I see a Japanese artist display skills like that of Van Halen, Slash, or Jimi Hendrix. Oh yeah I almost forgot that the Japs made that Anime Beck after the American band. Now that says alot that our music is just better than theirs. Another thing to add is that American rock has better lyrics than Japanese lyrics. In the end they can only copy from us and hope to sound better but fail. Oh yeah Kotori-Sohaka that song in that vid sucked so the advice I have for you is get better taste in music.

Bassically my thoughts on the matter. In fact, many famous Jap orchistra conducters will tell you American/European music inspired them, and is still their prefered music(i.e., that dude from Final Fantasy)

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

totally agree with that. most gaming music conductors will say that get their influences from american music. like guilty gear. daisuke ishiwatari was totally influenced by bands like queen, guns n roses, iron maiden, metallica, etc. the game itself has many allusions: characters, moves, and even the character themes.

Quote by AkureiOrbAll i've heard from ppl. is that the Japs have great pop and rap. Just to let you all know that the Japs utterly fail in Rock since American rock dominates their poor excuse for rock/pop or whatever the hell they create. There where never be a day where I see a Japanese artist display skills like that of Van Halen, Slash, or Jimi Hendrix. Oh yeah I almost forgot that the Japs made that Anime Beck after the American band. Now that says alot that our music is just better than theirs. Another thing to add is that American rock has better lyrics than Japanese lyrics. In the end they can only copy from us and hope to sound better but fail. Oh yeah Kotori-Sohaka that song in that vid sucked so the advice I have for you is get better taste in music.

While I admit that song wasn't the best I've heard, you are clearly suffering from diarrhea of the mouth. You might want to give j-rock a fair shot before you condemn it. You might also just admit that some people have different tastes. You say that American rock dominates and j-rock sucks like you know for sure. This implies that you have a great knowledge of the subject which I highly doubt that you possess the knowledge to know absolutely which music is better. You are not qualified to make such a definite statement.

I suggest listening to an actually good Japanese band before making judgments.

These are Race Wish and Aphrodite by Hizaki Grace Project.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDjumx-mY-Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUeNhz2bh10

Marmalade Chainsaw by Dir en Grey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPrpeChZA4E

Winds of Time by Wizards Hymn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Txkc2H3r0

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

dude... it's just an opinion... no need to tell people to choke on a chode. i listened to both and i still prefer american rock. and i'm full korean for god's sake. well, more american than korean but whatever. although, if it comes down to pop, i'd rather listen to j-pop than american pop...

Fine i deleted that last sentence.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

I love American better

Signature

chirido

chirido

Chiri-san

I like Japanese music more than American music although I understand nothing

Whatever will be...

Personally I myself prefer Japanese Music. :nya: ;) :)

I'm with Japanese music 100%.... I love it..

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

I like japanese music, but I like to understand what the singer is saying. So yeah, I prefer american music just for that. The fact that I listen to rap mostly kinda helps.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

european music... metal bands are better...
i dont like the language when i listen to a japanese band :s

RewYnd

RewYnd

Still Waiting...

American Music, it's hard for me to enjoy a song when I dont know what their saying... =P

Signature
We may be miles apart, but our hearts are still one
I'll be waiting for you, to continue what we have begun

I don't really care what type of music it is as long as I like it.

I prefer the music I like no matter if it's american, japanese or european.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

japanese! but not too sure...i like some american ones too

Hit fast, hit hard and never look back.

like japanese cause so many anime ost, and my favorite is nightmare & D

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 223 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.