Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being an otaku, waste of youth? - Minitokyo

Being an otaku, waste of youth?

page 2 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 169 total items

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

boredom is imminent to strike

Quote by Ting-kunWell i'm the kind of guy who likes to play videogames, watch anime, think up stories when i'm bored and i absolutely hate going out, don't like any sports, don't like drinking alcoholic stuff and hate dancing and stuff like that, i never had a girlfriend but i would like one that shares my line of thought. Someone told me that i was wasting my youth. But i myself think that if i don't do this when i'm still young, when am i going to do this stuff?, this are the things i like to do, but it would be embarrassing to do this as and adult, i think everyone should do what they like, as long as it doesn't bother others. I don't know what everyone think about this but i don't think its a waste, i think this is the best way to live youth.

i think it is a great way to live youth i'm living almost the same but i like sports and i like alchoholic stuff

why?

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Quote by kitsunesamaI'm an otaku but not the stereotype since I play sports and go out with my friends. For me, I always think of the line between fantasy and reality which helps me control my urge for anime.

This means you're NOT an otaku. Being a fan of anime doesn't mean you're automatically an otaku.

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

boredom is imminent to strike

and what is being an otaku then?

why?

ShinKyo

ShinKyo

~Staring at the stars~

You're young, it's your life and you only have one so just do what you want, why waste it on stuff that you don't like, after all life is short so you should make the best of it and spend it doing things you like.

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

lol a hikikomori maybe =P
JK
I think that there really is no meaning in life, the opinions of others can be have no real meaning. Life and death, good, evil, what is it really? Just idea's the human race created that augment our species chances of survival are all they are when you think about it. What comes down to is what you believe life should be about. When the grip of death comes to take you do you want your reality to be that which is reflected in others eyes, or do you want to live only for yourself. In my opinion it doesn't really matter. Personally, I live to find things that I enjoy doing, people I want to be with, etc.
lol saying this is kind of an arrogant way of thinking ne? (I like philosophical things so don't take this post the wrong way.... =P )

A moment bound in eternity.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Quote by mick-klaassenand what is being an otaku then?

Hmm. According to the Wikipedia entry, it's apparently enough to be a fan of something to be considered an otaku. I stand corrected, I guess. :\

I dunno... I heard that the term was generally coined towards people who took their singular hobby a little bit too seriously.

You should do what makes you happy - if you did things because other people think you should, then I'd consider it wasting your youth. I think that rather than wasting your youth now, your otaku-ness is what makes your youth memorable and unique.

i feel that just do what u want, dont care about what others say to u

that is what make everyone unique

If you do enjoy playing video games and watching anime, i would say it is perfectly normal for a youth to do those things. Just bear one thing in mind, don't do it over excessively, like indulging in those things for over 10 hours a day. It is good to do other stuffs like a jog or spending quality time with family and friends because if you end up playing and watching anime only then i think your life would be pretty boring.

I kind of thought being an otaku was pretty much what a youth is.. heh..

Everyone has different interests. As far as my dictionary goes, an athlete or a musician as well as a flirt belong in the otaku category.

Whenever I hear questions like this, I always recall the phrase "Live life to its fullest".

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Quote by keyei feel that just do what u want, dont care about what others say to u

that is what make everyone unique

Um... no, using your head and taking other people into account when forming opinions and desires is what's making people unique. Just doing whatever the hell you want at all times without thinking a second just makes you a selfish little shit. It's fine saying that you don't have to do everything people tells you to, but to say that you don't have to care what anyone says is a fantastically egotistical viewpoint. Anyone would do well to listen to what people say and consider it before making any decisions, even if you will discard said advice in the end. Because while I said "making your own decisions", that comes with the general self-realisation that sometimes you have to do something you might not want to, but because it's a sound thing to do.

But we're getting a bit off the intended path here. The question was basically whether being an otaku was a waste of youth, where the general consensus (with a few disagreements, apparently) that focussing all your interests in one single area isn't exactly a productive way to spend your free time. And this goes even if we're talking solitary hobbies.

If it takes over your life.... oh yeah its a waste. I mean what about family? School? Job? Health? Some things people say to you are actually important.

Don'tcha see the big deck don'tcha see the big chain don'tcha see the big grill wonder who they hatin' on lately its that one dude.

I live in a little village in Hungary...I don't have a lot of friends,so I'm always at home,I'm watching animes,playing the guitar,drawing,creating websites and doing lot of things like these.But I have a boyfriend for 3 years :) And yes,I'm reserved and silent girl who don't go out for party every weekend,but this is me. Every person is another world,you should be yourself. But I think, social life is important! In the animes,there are beautiful friendships and loves,It's more fun in the real life :)

Sorry for bad English :$ This post was a good practise for me. (^^)"

Anime is fine, even if you totally shut yourself in. But in the end, you still need to be able to support yourself, so as long as you are able to find a way to earn money when necessary, its not much of a big deal

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Quote by Northy

Quote by kitsunesamaI'm an otaku but not the stereotype since I play sports and go out with my friends. For me, I always think of the line between fantasy and reality which helps me control my urge for anime.

This means you're NOT an otaku. Being a fan of anime doesn't mean you're automatically an otaku.

seconded just because you like anime doesn't make you an otaku, there are alot of people that "like anime" but some 'a them don't take to to the same extreem as an otaku. I mean an otaku puts some hardcore time into there hobby that means they almost praticly live eat breath and sleep anime. Not only that but anime is an expensive hobby as most 'a you guys know so figures, DVDs and all other good stuff yea /swt

Quote by Kazenonatsulol a hikikomori maybe =P
JK

actually I've known a couple 'a "hikikomori" in my life

Quote by crsgYou should do what makes you happy - if you did things because other people think you should, then I'd consider it wasting your youth. I think that rather than wasting your youth now, your otaku-ness is what makes your youth memorable and unique.

meh I think if anime and otaku is wasting your youth then so is drinking and partying. I mean like you guys said too much of anything is surely not good, and too much partying and drinking can drag you down just as far as a deep anime obsession can.

meh sig banners are overrated

Being an otaku is a waste of MY time.

merged: 02-10-2009 ~ 06:38pm
I got better things to do like figuring out how to get rich and famous.

Don'tcha see the big deck don'tcha see the big chain don'tcha see the big grill wonder who they hatin' on lately its that one dude.

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

Quote by fujyoshi

JK

As said by Kafuka in SZS: how could there be such a thing as hikikomori, its a zashi warashi. (okay i know thats not accurate but you get the point :) )
On a more serious note; I've never known anyone like that...

A moment bound in eternity.

FireBlaster

The Quiet Life

Mi sister repeat me this theme, over and over again. I don't hate going out, I hate going to a party (only go 3 or 4 Parties for year), I practice soccer and basketball, I hate dance, I never had a girlfriend, I see like a gay for my friends because I never had a girlfriend, but I'm very special with Women, I need a smart woman and she shares my line of thought (sorry for my english, once again) that type of woman is very hard to find, I don't drink alcohol, I hate it, I hate smoke,

But I'm still young, This is my life style, I will not change it for a woman, if she loves me, then she will accept me with no changes

I'm ok with this life style, I rediscovered a part of me, a hidden part, maybe I'm a better person
You have a friend in me
That's my opinion

Every head has a World

Life is Figth

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

It's not really a waste of time if you've enjoyed the time you spent being one.

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Quote by Kazenonatsu

Quote by fujyoshi

JK

As said by Kafuka in SZS: how could there be such a thing as hikikomori, its a zashi warashi. (okay i know thats not accurate but you get the point :) )
On a more serious note; I've never known anyone like that...

I've known a few trust me. Even if you don't nessassary NOT leave your house the fact that you'd prefer not to leave your house is proof enough that your reclusive. But some people take that to a more extreem and don't leave there house regardless. I know for the one person I knew his parents don't really do much about it and the other person I knew it was kinda force for them to leave there house but mostly by bribery. Granted its a mixture of a few things such as depression, bitterness, and what not so yea that contributes, some people its just pressure and some people its something else like maybe a dramatic experience.

well being an otaku comes in different ways..if you're no totally in a bubble locked away somewhere listening to japanese pop music and playing video games all day then you could remain a healthy person and still have anime-related intrests

Since you still spend your time with your daily activity, i think being otaku is not a waste, because i am an otaku and i enjoy that :)

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

thats how it should be.

page 2 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 169 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.