Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poll: Bigger or smaller thumbnails? - Minitokyo

Poll: Bigger or smaller thumbnails?

Which do you prefer?

Bigger thumbnails
318 votes
Smaller thumbnails
174 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 145 total items

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

As you probably have noticed, I'm running a little experiment with larger thumbnails.
If they get good response, they will remain. Do you like the bigger thumbnails, or rather have the small ones? And why?

Thanks for voting.

PS. if you still get mixed thumbnails, refresh the page.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I rather like the big ones I don't have to resize my page nor do I have to squint and try to make out what's in them regardless on the resolution that I'm on...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

I like the bigger ones they are easier to view at a glance...but the smaller may take up less server space...the call is yours.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

I prefer the smaller ones - they make everything look more... neat and organized. To me, the large thumbnails don't seem to fit the layout as well as the smaller ones. So either do an overhall on the layout, or do something to make them look more... right.

The advantage to the larger thumbails is that you can see the wallpaper/doujin/scan easier without having to click into the image. But again, they don't seem as organized as the smaller ones (just my opinion, of course).

I agree that smaller thumbnails make things more organized. The fact that not all images are the same dimensions is much less noticeable that way.

Smaller. This way you can show more thumbnails and it looks more neat.

Melly

Scanner

Melly

I also prefer the smaller thumbnails. My net connection isn't the greatest, so the smaller ones load much faster. It's also easier to see more images at a glance, rather than scrolling around just to see the same amount. And as someone else said previously, the large thumbnails don't look very good with the rest of the layout. I can really say that having one large image and thumbnails that are THAT big really clashes horribly. I knew from the front page that they'd be big, but I didn't think it'd be that jarring. It's also sort of a pain having to scroll so much just to get to the comments.

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

I think large is good, but they do seem "unorganized". I think less spacing between them or cropping the thumbnails to the same ratio might be better? I don't know how much more hard work that'd require though.

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

jakiita

jakiita

Nooby waller ^_^

i prefer the smaller ones because i think it looks more ... clear if that makes any sense? also, im using firefox with plugins on the side of my internet window and with the smaller one i can actualy see 3 per row and with the bigger ones i have 2 per row...

guess im just being greedy for that point, but the first one yeah, i think its much clearer with the small ones. and i don't know if i remember correctly but didnt the small thumbnail seam like.. they all had the same ratio(or whatever its called? you know, they all seamed to be the same size no?)? or im just crazy and wished they were like that and remember it like that? lol

but honestly, the big one aren't bad either i could deal with it xD

+ small thumbnails,

Signature
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice"

I prefer the smaller thumbnails, the bigger ones takes too long to upload. plus, I agree with the ones above me, the smaller ones makes things more organized.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

smaller pls - they look more stylish ^_^'

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

Well, I chose the smallers becuz of the bad organization of the big ones. The big ones look strange in the layout and the spacing is messed up in my resolution (1680x1050). If you fix the organization, i guess the big ones would be better.

chanelqueen17

chanelqueen17

Aspiring painting greatness

larger ones are easier to get an idea of what's new at first glance, but you're right...it does look a bit messy...You guys decide :) I don't really mind either way

my-maiden Paint-o-rama Tag-licious wings-loversdark-wallies celestial-luminesse

Well it may take time for a larger one to load, but it shows more detail so I've got to say larger ones.

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Smaller because the bigger images cause smaller resolutions make pages looks less organized.

jns

jns

Fabulous MAX!

Smaller ones cos with the larger ones the page looks unorganized and there's so much scrolling to do <.<

Signature Image

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

Smaller
It's easier to scroll, plus the big ones load really hard and look bad on my UP.

Signature

Haven100

Haven100

Psychopathic Friend

I go with smaller, to me it looks more organized that way.

I watch you from the shadows, like a deranged tanuki.
Please don’t mind me. :D :3

If there are plans to have the larger thumbs better organized, then I'd say larger ones (or at least would like to see the lay out with the larger thumbs). As it is right now, I prefer the organization that came with the smaller ones. Ultimately I would prefer bigger thumbs, just if everything looked neat and organized.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Quote by dslasseyI prefer the smaller ones - they make everything look more... neat and organized. To me, the large thumbnails don't seem to fit the layout as well as the smaller ones.

Pretty much what I think. I think they look the best and most organised.

Signature

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

smaller pix make the site look cleaner and professional. IMHO

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

Minamo

Minamo

Utsukushii Sekai

I chose the smalle thumbnails, because is more versatile, Appear fast and looks more organized than Bigger thumbnails ^_^'

hitocomaru

hitocomaru

I now have hope... Well some.

While the smaller one are more organized, I can see the bigger ones without enlarging them first.

i prefer the smaller ones because not only are they more organized but also fit the layout and load faster.

For a bigger thumbnails we have the version before download thought, there're scans, walls and art that neither look well in that size and we have to click to full view any ways xD. what i mean is that thumbnail would be bigger than the actual, but yet smaller that the submitted page and not more detailed :S. So, that doesn change too much if it looks better or not.

maybe a modification of the layout to could have a bigger thumbnail in the donwlaod page wit more details would be much more useful XD.

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 145 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.