Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 which is better? long animes or short ones? - Minitokyo

which is better? long animes or short ones?

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 108 total items

which is better? long animes or short ones?

short ones.

Long animes generally lose their fanbase because it goes on forever.
Ex: Bleach, InuYasha, Naruto, etc

Long animes have a tendency to put a ton of filler in and no one likes filler D:<

Actually, it really depends. I personally enjoy longer anime than short ones. Of course, there are those that loses my interest along the way. Usually, when I develop some kind of interest in an anime, I would want it to continue longer than the usual 23-26 episodes. But there are a lot of very good animes that are 13 episodes or 26 episodes. But this is what I think:

Short Anime:
There's really no character developing and characters are limited. There's not enough time to go "around" spending time on each character (or expanding the plot, making it complicated, connection every little thing, etc). Therefore, the plot progress faster which makes it a quick watch without actually losing too much interest in it. Of course, this makes the ending---well---sort of bad. Some have good endings, others are forced, while others are just...bad. Some of the times, the ending is open-ended and makes the watcher curious if there's ever a second season.

Long Anime:
There's many interesting characters. The story is able to cater to a various of arcs. The characters are able to grow. Usually, the pace of the story is a little slower, which can become dragging. Yes, it has some fillers---others a lot. But building the story toward the climax, ending is something that we watchers look forward to. Of course, once the story goes toooooooo long, it becomes a little dragging. But you're able to enjoy it for quite a long time.

Some of my favorite long running animes are: Sailor Moon, Full Metal Alchemist, One Piece, Detective Conan, Bleach, Naruto, Prince of Tennis and more.

i think long animes are better :)

it depends on the intensity of the story...if there are lots of characters...such as bleach...it has to be a long story...because you would want to see closure on each battle and each personal story...on the other hand,if there's few characters it's better to make it short for example bt'x...also if the anime contains lots of fights...it depends on what they're fighting for...or who they're fighting...
i cannot choose one...it depends...u.u

I like it short, Around 13-14 episode then the idea of Season 2 is also a nice idea.
Long Series does lose Fan Base.

lam0o

lam0o

Filp,Switch And Haruhi?

short animes
long anime eventually become boring and lose track of the story line
Ex: Bleach and naruto

Signature

Uhm, personally I think that short anime are often better.
But it depends on the story, if the author can keep your attention up then that's good, ehither if it's a long or a short anime. Unfortunately there're many anime that are filled with fillers (sorry the bad pun...XD), and I think that most of them have very low-quality...then again, it depends on the story, it has to be filled with new elements, if it's a story that repeat itself, then I think it can become boring...^^

i think long animes are better too~

I like an average length of about 30 episodes other wise it get too tedious because all the fillers in the middle

Short Anime are better. Long ones can, bt just make sure is nt just 1 season that's gonna get pretty boring.. x.x

Signature

long one better..like naruto and fairy tail...and GUNDAM

dnandre

dnandre

it's ... nothing

short one is better, especially those which drama and romance genre inside ... when a series began to move more than 50 eps, it'll became boring, because of too much filler :(

Signature

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

I generally like a shorter series, around 12-26 eps. The longer the series is where it drags on, the poor pacing of the story arc, and repeats itself, with the addition of fillers, I tend to lose interest.

Signature

i like long anime like naruto and bleach

Of course I like it, if a good story never ends ...but very often at some point of the story I'm getting bored, if it takes too long ...
I guess short anime are better!

both since i like bleach which is long anime and i also like shakugan no shana is short anime.

I prefer short anime, or anime that divided into a few seasson,like hakuouki,07-ghost .. =)

as the time goes by we will make a beautiful story and be proud of its end

short one...coz simple plot and relax..

Uhm, personally I think that short anime are often better.

if good sure is long better

both are really good

both are good, but i generally tend to like longer ones more

Depends entirely on the mood but more often than not, I prefer the shorter ones, the 13-episode ones. :3

Though every once in a while an epic 300-er is not bad either. :D

Without sleep there are no dreams. Without dreams... we fall apart at the seams...

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 108 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.