Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_; - Minitokyo

My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_;

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 27 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by rblack
deleting bad quality art is okay imo, but: quality != taste. so maybe
one could change the system so that like 3 mods/reviewers have to rate
a pic, and only if 2 or 3 of em deem it bad it really is deleted.
also, sometimes you want feedback even on bad pics, to kn ow how to
improve yourself, so maybe one could simply store a preview / low res
version (to save space) so others cam at least leave a comment

there is a mod forum where deletion are discussed. So i suppose that if an image doesn't have a majority of "ok to deletion" opinions then, the work stays on mt ...

please correct me if i'm wrong ...

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

yes, papy... I do believe most forums have mod forums to discuss matters such as that... :)

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

I posted two walls both were deleted in seconds so i was wondering what was the reason for the delete

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by FumasakurazukamoriI posted two walls both were deleted in seconds so i was wondering what was the reason for the delete

check maybe in botchii message if you havn't done something weird ... or in the policy to see if your walls were ok
if you can't see what was the mistake maybe should you send a private message to a mod

Support section

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Resort to private messages only if you're absolutely sure that your walls do comply both to the policy and to the guidelines written here http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10833/

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

amy

amy

StudioDink

I think that if a wallpaper is of poor quality, then it should be deleted...No bitching or complaining....Hell, if my wallpapers were horrible I would want them removed...It would let me know that I need to work even harder on them...

Let's just hope that everyone will understand this...

Signature Image
Something that I created as a tutorial

The problem is i don't know if that's the case or anything of the other reasons

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by FumasakurazukamoriThe problem is i don't know if that's the case or anything of the other reasons

well i suggest you to take point by point the botchii message ... *.* i don't know how i could help you.
like :
blurry ? yes - no
filters ? yes - no
maybe the quickest solution should to pm a mod as i said before ^_^ i sended you the nicknames in your guestbook

i hope it helps :)

Support section

Vequinox

Vequinox

Funkalicious

I'm not upset because some of my walls have been deleted - I have my own site and can stick 'em up there - BUT I'm very concerned that this will be disheartening to new wallers. When someone's first starting to use Photoshop, they often don't quite understand what makes a good wall and what doesn't. They need that feedback that only a place like MT can provide. I have improved a LOT through having my walls up here and people telling me what they did/didn't like. New wallers who have their walls deleted (especially right away) won't get that valuable feedback. A generic "your wall didn't meet standards, it could have been this and this and this wrong" won't help them out in the least. And those new wallers may WANT to improve, but without feedback, they could easily get discouraged.
Everybody starts out with crappy walls. EVERYbody. They need time and feedback to improve.
One idea might be to focus more on deleting walls from people who have been here a while (yes, like me :P ), and let the newbs have their walls up longer, even if they aren't so good, so they can get feedback.

yen420

yen420

Sporadic Appearance

Hmm... I'm a newbie and had two or three walls deleted. Just sharing my two cents about this matter.

I'm okay with the deletion since I understand the mods wanting only high quality walls or scans but what I don't get is how this 'automated' thing works. How about instead of deleting, those walls that didn't pass be transferred to a separate page or something. Once there then people can go over and point out why the wall didn't measure up and what's wrong with it. Maybe delete it after two or three days to save up space. I know this suggestion will require additional load to the mods but it's just a suggestion.

Proud Member of:
Bleach-Central

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

... people are complaining about their walls getting deleted whereas I was just self-deleting the 4 oldest wallpapers out of my 18 two days ago (which makes 22% of my work; - 2 levels) xd... Maybe I'm very harsh with myself (and you all should >_<) but when I see I've improved, I can't stand to see my old works anymore. They're like a shame to me! x_x

I think Susan-chan was on her way of improvement but seriously more than 120 walls in less than 15 weeks is crazy. I only have 14 good wallpapers made in 25 weeks. OX If she isn't according more importance to quantity over quality then I wonder what it is (she even stated herself she spent 1h on them... Gosh, I spend minimum 3 full days on a wallpaper to get a decent wallpaper)?

So is the level system that important? It reminds me the Gaia Community. People hella spammed the forums to get money to buy stupid clothes for their avatars (and you don't even get banned for this lol). In MT, people hella spam to be able to download the scans and whatnot. I think you guys should find an alternative way to restrict the download and prevent the leechers aside from the level system which involves competition and elitism in some person's mind (which could lead to Susan's case). x_x

Quote by AceGunmanSomething I find more disturbing is that some really great walls which might have taken the artist weeks to make, from the idea to the finished product, get nearly zero replies and favs and no useful feedback whatsoever, while we have another wall made in 1h featuring a large breasted anime chick getting 100+ favs and 80+ replies saying "Omg! It rules >< cute!". Is that right?
How do you think those people feel when their work goes unnoticed? Do they start new threads expressing their anger/sadness over that no one likes their walls? I think not.

I did one. XD But the whole thread ended up on the question of taste. It's too subjective to be objectively explained. :x Only artists understand other artists. That's a fact. They will see what Mr. Everyone doesn't see in the other artists' walls which is basically the efforts put behind the work. Mr. Everyone relies his taste on a souvenir, a thing, a person he likes whereas the artist relies his judgement on a technical side rather than an emotional side.

:x babbling too much.

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

Okay this is how I see it.
1. People think that the mods are being too powerhungry.
2. People think MT is getting too elite.
3. People like to suck up to mods.
4. People think noobs deserve a chance.

Tell me if I've missed any. In my opinion, I see where the mods are coming from but it makes this place seem very elitist, even if that wasn't what you guys were going for. I'm just telling you from a normal member's point of view.

I may be biased because none of my walls have been deleted yet. I don't imagine I would be very upset but it's moreso the concept of it, not the action itself.

One of my wallpapers was deleted and well, I think this was unfair. The message I got was that my wallpaper was too blurry and it could possibly be some random picture with some PS filters. Well, it was not. I was blurry because that was the wallpaper style. It was not some random pic with some filters, I spent time on it and well. I'm angry :(

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

.. uh.. that message is the one that you get also when your wall was not enough thought out... refer to this thread for more info as well as 4 tips for making better wallpapers http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10833/

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

i had the only wall ive felt i made that was even worthy for critique deleted and lost close to 3 levels because of it, it had favs and a decent ratio of views to downloads. ill admit it wasnt great but it was the first decent wallpaper i ever made. i totally understand why yall are doing this with all the crap i see posted daily, this is something that needs doing, but i dont see that making people at low levels i.e close to 10, loose levels is very fair at all. and like tele fraged says, beginers are going to be hesitant of sumbiting wallpapers, i know i wont be submitting anything anymore because i simply lack the artistic ability to be able to produce the "quality" you seem to require to post now.. even though ive improved my work i dont want to spend hours working on something to have someone go oh thats not awesome, deleted

Nihonjin kanojo boshu-chu ^.^ Serious inquiries only plz!!

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Quote by kiri-chanOkay this is how I see it.
1. People think that the mods are being too powerhungry.
2. People think MT is getting too elite.3. People like to suck up to mods.
4. People think noobs deserve a chance.
Tell me if I've missed any. In my opinion, I see where the mods are coming from but it makes this place seem very elitist, even if that wasn't what you guys were going for. I'm just telling you from a normal member's point of view.
I may be biased because none of my walls have been deleted yet. I don't imagine I would be very upset but it's moreso the concept of it, not the action itself.

news flash:
1. we dont need more power. we're the most powerful members already.
2. since when was being elite a bad thing? aren't we all striving for elitism?
3. in any community, people suck up to mods
4. noobs do get a chance. especially if they decide to read tutorials and work to improve!

im sorry guys, but i know we were all new once. but let's try to put our backs into the wallpaper and spend atleast 5 hours on it, ok? a bg with zoom layer and an extracted image isn't really gonna make the cut. this is precisely why deviantart.com decided to stop anime wallpapers, along with the spoof reason of copyright.

mechdan

Quiet PC enthusiast

My only complaint, I suppose, is that you can't just reply to the deletion notification to question a deletion. This is the picture which was arbitrarily deleted which made me stop submitting to this site:

RyokoAekaAback1024

It's IMHO the best wallpaper background I've done (you can see my gallery for others which weren't deleted). I did all of the scanning and extraction and editing and creation of the background, so I KNOW no part of it is duped, and everything was done at high resolution (I typically work at 2048x1536). I KNOW that it took a long time to complete, and I KNOW it shows.

This post was deleted within seconds of my posting.

Now, if there were an option to reply to the deletion notification, I might have just gone with that. As it is, I have no idea who deleted the post or why. It follows all of the submission guidelines, although of course the moderators also have the option to delete anything arbitrarily.

Now, I can understand the broad support for deleting poor quality submissions, and I can understand that moderators will inevitably sometimes make mistakes. However, with the anonymous nature of submission deletion, all it really takes is one completely arbitrary deletion to put someone off posting here altogether.

If there were a straightforward way to question a deletion, then maybe this issue wouldn't arrise.

Isaac Kuo, quiet PC enthusiast

uhm.... i know i'm quite new on MT and that i, consiquently, don't know everything all the older members know but, i have just read this thread and i have cometo somesort of a conclusion...

1) if pics were deleated there is always a raison for that

2) some members have used the word "community"... and so, in my opinion, a community is a group of people that are unite... there is no discontent like i have seen here... the mods where put in place to represent the other members, so, if they take a decision, it must mean they think it is good for the rest of the site...

i am sorry pics have been deleated but maybe you should stop and think with a little more objective mind on your art and tryto find out what was wrong by starting from the idea that there is something wrong... in the end, it will help you to impove your art! :)

Ashieyuu

Youko

Frankly, I do have a problem with this. I spend days on my wallpapers, and the one that was deleted was no exception. Granted, I use a ton of brushes on my wallpapers, to make them grungy, but that should be, by no means, a reason to delete a wallpaper.

none of my wallpapers ever take an hour, or even three. I can easily guarantee that I am not a 'filter-whore' as the policy puts it. Each brush was carefully placed to fit the whole, and I ONLY use the highest of quality pictures. Which is why I'm upset. -.- Also, I am not new to making wallpapers. I've made tons of them in my four and a half years of having an image editing program. And I know I've improved.

And I'm sorry if this seems, in any way, too blunt or anything of the sort, but, as stated, it's very upsetting because I take great pride in my image editing. x.x This has, in fact, made a huge dent in my confidence in submitting any wallpaper I make, and is quite annoying, since there are now two other matching wallpapers I had wanted to submit. I'm just.. wondering why. -.-

For one time spent on a wallpaper != quality. Someone can spend a year on a wallpaper and it could still end up looking like crap. For two it would be nice to get a real message explaining why it was thought to have been poor quality and with the name of the person that deleted it not some bot message.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Quote by mechdanMy only complaint, I suppose, is that you can't just reply to the
deletion notification to question a deletion. This is the picture which
was arbitrarily deleted which made me stop submitting to this site:
RyokoAekaAback1024
It's IMHO the best wallpaper background I've done (you can see my
gallery for others which weren't deleted). I did all of the scanning
and extraction and editing and creation of the background, so I KNOW no
part of it is duped, and everything was done at high resolution (I
typically work at 2048x1536). I KNOW that it took a long time to
complete, and I KNOW it shows.
This post was deleted within seconds of my posting.
Now, if there were an option to reply to the deletion notification, I
might have just gone with that. As it is, I have no idea who deleted
the post or why. It follows all of the submission guidelines, although
of course the moderators also have the option to delete anything
arbitrarily.
Now, I can understand the broad support for deleting poor quality
submissions, and I can understand that moderators will inevitably
sometimes make mistakes. However, with the anonymous nature of
submission deletion, all it really takes is one completely arbitrary
deletion to put someone off posting here altogether.
If there were a straightforward way to question a deletion, then maybe
this issue wouldn't arrise.

I just took a quick look at it right now, and the background looks really grainy and odd to me. Maybe that's intentional, but it doesn't look very good to me. :X

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by biriwilgI just took a quick look at it right now, and the background looks
really grainy and odd to me. Maybe that's intentional, but it doesn't
look very good to me. :X

I have to agree here. I hate to say it, mechdan, but that doesn't seem to be a particularly good wallpaper by any kind of judgement. While you may have put some time into it, it doesn't look like you really worked all that hard on it, compared to how much effort goes into some of the really good wallpapers that gets accepted here. Yours is really just two extracted images on a background with a few strokes of light. Browse through the wallpaper gallery sometime and take a look at some of the wallpapers there, and try making something like what they have and you'll start to see how much time and effort goes into a really solid wallpaper.

All, think about it this way. Minitokyo is a place to showcase the best wallpaper that we can give. A lot of your walls will be deleted in your time here, but when you start getting a gist of what it takes, you'll start seeing your walls sticking in the galleries, accumulating favorites, and such. Then you'll really know that you're among the best out there and that you have something to be proud of.

Rather than be discouraged by deleted submissions, think of them as incentive for you to work harder and do better. Our entire community will benefit from that.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

snx

snx

Mr K.

Some of my wallies were deleted, but pplz liked them :) Buy - nevermind...

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

My 2 cents:

Anyone who is lazy and pessimistic will say, "This sucks. Why should I try if my walls are going to get deleted. I'm not that good, so you shouldn't judge me by your standards."

People with the right mindset, however, will say, "I have to try harder and make better walls."

page 4 of 27 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.