Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_; - Minitokyo

My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_;

This thread is closed for posting.

page 6 of 27 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Just one quick consideration. It is sad that with all the times I posted it, ppl keep complaining about this. If you read http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10833/ you will see I stated already that the cleaning is processing as fast as we can. So stop saying: but that pic should have been deleted already. You don't think we can process 45000+ gallery item in one day, do you?
That said, happy new year everyone

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

i agree with kel ... before complaining and answering to this thread it should be interressant to read the related threads or the earliest posts :(
i wasted a lot of time to repost the link all over this thread and it seems nobody reads them so ... i can't help :(

and the last post of keltosh explains clearly that it isn't elitism :

Quote by Keltosh
[...]
I'll say this again, and it will be in the upcoming FAQ. Quality is secondary, effort is more
important . And the 4 basis of effort are
1) extraction
2) cleaning
3) layout (concept of the wallpaper)
4) background.
80% or more of the deleted walls are deleted for the top 3 reasons, not
for the background. Or cause somebody didn't read the policy and, for
example, used a screenshot or did a monocolor background wall . Or
posted a cropped scan as a wall.
And also keep in mind that most ppl submit walls just to get to level
10. I'm not making any names but the effort rule was done, among other
reasons , to keep leeching as low as possible... After all the hosting
bills are payed with donations and such.

and i'm sure the new faq and the new support section will help even more than the existing one. If you read it carefully , you see the most problems are described in this section ...

i take deletion as a hint to improve BUT
if support section and FAQ are changed maybe botchii's message should be improved according to the suggestion of having a
"moderate opinion"
if the writings are polite and constructive ; i think it could avoid some violent reactions.

if mods's talks or support section's writings are understand as insults or rude talks then it will generates rude talks by members.

that's why i ask for diplomacy in the two sides. Members and "Authorities"

i hope this suggestion will be read ... but i doubt ... i'm sure talking in the desert

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

If sheqel gives me the ok I will rewrite bot[chii] messages as well

Signature

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

super ^_^
i'm sure with a "diplomatic" botchii message it will sure avoid other violent reaction or complaints ...
you know there were also point in the faq saying something like
your doujin is deleted if it is pure crap or something like this ^_^ it's not super diplomatic ... but i think it has been removed.

thank you for your consideration

Support section

Hmmm not sure if I completely agree...is my answered.

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

uhm...I have an opnion (fast one, I don´t have much internet time...in vacations)

before deleting somone´s wallpaper please have something IN mind:
1-not everyone is a good judge...i wouldn´t like my stuff to be deleted if i worked ALOT ALOT ALOT AND THEN A $&$&·$ comes AND erases MY WORK because HE thinks IT´S "crap"...
2-please create a system that ca "judge" weither the wallpaper was well-done or just another piece of internet crap...

and please please please BE GOOD KIDS WHEN replying other one´s opinions...i don´t want anyone to fight ;_; (or i´ll cry)

remember the original ideals of why were other art comunities were created...please don´t fight buuuuu

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

When it comes to these kinds of arguments, you don't have a choice. Someone is likely to complain sooner or later, and some even go to the resort of bringing their own frustrations to the tables, so there's bound to be a fight.

Quote by KeltoshIf sheqel gives me the ok I will rewrite bot[chii] messages as well

Yes, the Bot needs to be improved a little more through the PM box, in my opinion. I know you can do it, Kel! ^_^

Quote by minakomel1-not everyone IS A GOOD judge...i wouldn´t LIKE MY stuff TO BE deleted
IF I worked ALOT ALOT ALOT AND THEN A $&$&·$ comes AND erases
MY WORK because HE thinks IS "crap"...
2-please create A system THAT CAN "judge" weither THE wallpaper WAS
well-done OR JUST another piece OF internet crap...

Not everyone is a good waller either, put that in mind. But also, be aware that if you can't make good wallpapers, and you know you can't, its best not to put it here on MT - you should post it elsewhere in a place where indeed it will be appreciated - logical sense, as I recall. The guidelines are there - so you can't argue.

And obviously, if you have a prob. - it's best to contact a mod. first through PM about it, not through Complaints.

Making an issue public won't make you look good - and always be sure to post something you know is 100% right - otherwise, its best not to argue with them. MT is improving for the better of the whole - keep that in mind.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

I am already rewriting them. Should give clearer delete messages now

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Quote by minakomeluhm...I have an opnion (fast one, I don´t have much internet time...in vacations)
before deleting somone´s wallpaper please have something IN mind:
1-not everyone is a good judge...i wouldn´t like my stuff to be deleted if i worked ALOT ALOT ALOT AND THEN A $&$&·$ comes AND erases MY WORK because HE thinks it´s "crap"...
2-please create a system that ca "judge" weither the wallpaper was well-done or just another piece of internet crap...
and please please please BE GOOD KIDS WHEN replying other one´s opinions...i don´t want anyone to fight ;_; (or i´ll cry)
remember the original ideals of why were other art comunities were created...please don´t fight buuuuu

we dont judge on whether its good or not. we judge by:
1) Extraction. The act of taking a character out of a scan to put in your wallpaper. Poligonal lasso or pen tool + at least 500% zoom is your friend if well done, while magic wand generally makes for so-so walls
2) Cleaning. If the scan is grainy or contanins other artifacts, cleaning the image is an important point
3) Layout. A decent composition is important. A thought out wallpapers is certainly more appealing and represent a higher level of quality/effort
4) Quality and effort in designing the background

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by sammowe dont judge on whether
its good or not. we judge by:
1) Extraction. The act of taking a character out of a scan to put in
your wallpaper. Poligonal lasso or pen tool + at least 500% zoom is
your friend if well done, while magic wand generally makes for so-so
walls
2) Cleaning. If the scan is grainy or contanins other artifacts,
cleaning the image is an important point
3) Layout. A decent composition is important. A thought out wallpapers
is certainly more appealing and represent a higher level of
quality/effort
4) Quality and effort in designing the background

Indeed, since judging by liking is extremely personal, we set those guidelines. Effort is the most important point. Read the FAQ and policy. After all, almost everyone can like a gorgeous woman on a black canvas. But that doesn't mean it's a good wallpaper.

Signature

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by minakomeland please please please BE GOOD KIDS WHEN replying other one´s opinions...i don´t want anyone to fight ;_; (or i´ll cry)

i agree totally with this. happy to see that you give importance to that point too ^_^

Quote by KeltoshI am already rewriting them. Should give clearer delete messages now

^_^ thank you. You had done an amazaing work with the FAQ and the support section. So it will sure be great.
my suggestion regarding to minakomel remark is to avoid as much as possible the terms:
* your work was crappy
* your doujin is a doodle
i think those lines generates in great part the complaints comments or whinings or violent reactions

thank you thank you ^_^

Support section

Akaryu

Wing Red Dragon

Thats not fair, but now that I feel that as I didnt do nothing why bother to try again. Especially since I dont have money to get Photoshop or any of those expensive programs. Maybe I will try posting and stop doing walppapers =(.

"A Dragon means Knowledge and Power that is what I am"

Yodelforcookie

Yodelforcookie

As days go by...

Quote by MoonlightEternityWell, i'm new, and i've had all my wallpapers (3 so far) deleted, but i'm beginner so i'd just like to point this out. I'm with a lot of people when they say that their walls shouldn't be judged. Its all true, but i guess the thing with the mods deleting "bad-quality" walls is that they don't give a reason. they should comment, or PM the person, and tell them why they think its bad-quality I've seen Susan-chan's works and they are very very good.

Indeed, I've had a wall deletion because I knew it stunk as well :_:
But, I openly said in the comments I knew I was just starting out, and I would like suggestions on how to improve, but I got none... just a deletion.
How am I supposed to get better? I mean... it's not like I'm trying to make bad things, it's just what I can do to the best of my abilities. Is there a nice place to learn easily?

"Man created an acid rain that now washes away the sandcastles he built.
...or perhaps he needed it to wash away... all his deeply hidden secrets..."

WHAT THE HELL?!?!
prove to me that i stole these wallpapers from other sites besides shadownes.. iposted my wallpepers on there too... please ... prove it..
cuz i can prove to you that i made them... i have all the .PSD files ready to send you if u want.
Add me on MSN messenger or AOL and ill show you.

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

Quote by miketranWHAT THE HELL?!?!
prove to me that i stole these wallpapers from other sites besides
shadownes.. iposted my wallpepers on there too... please ... prove it..
cuz i can prove to you that i made them... i have all the .PSD files
ready to send you if u want.
Add me on MSN messenger or AOL and ill show you.

Just PM them instead of making a scene. I saw you post something similar in another thread. You'll also get a faster response.

Quote by kiri-chanJust PM them instead of making a scene. I saw you post something similar in another thread. You'll also get a faster response.

ok sorry. who do i PM and how.
im new ,i just joined this site.

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

I guess you should PM biriwilg. Go to her page, and on the left-hand side, scroll down to contact info. You'll see "PM Available" and click on that.

Red

Red

Red Lee

oh this is good thinking

legnachi

legnachi

**Shadow Sniper**

ASAR!.................it deleted my very hard working wallpapers..........if they thought its not an effortless job well it is...................hey everbodys not perfect to make a wall that kind made with ur own sweat and time just to post in here..............don't they know other members might get mad.............................

So I saying.............................................Nuriko-Chan.............(...) some moves right now...........for the others............. >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Quote by Yodelforcookie
Indeed, I've had a wall deletion because I knew it stunk as well :_:
But, I openly said in the comments I knew I was just starting out, and
I would like suggestions on how to improve, but I got none... just a
deletion.
How am I supposed to get better? I mean... it's not like I'm trying to
make bad things, it's just what I can do to the best of my abilities.
Is there a nice place to learn easily?

You aint gonna get that much impact from the folk here at MT, that is unless you know some of them. Almost all of my walls practically never get any constructive critisism (which is a bit sad) and I don't really see that much CC when I browse through others works as well 8P So MT isn't really the best place for new wallers ^_^' But I try to give CC to peoples works as often as I can, I even give CC to some really good walls to try and be a bit helpful amongst the throng of "gr8", or something XD

Quote by kiri-chanI guess you should PM biriwilg. Go to her page, and on the left-hand
side, scroll down to contact info. You'll see "PM Available" and click
on that.

Whoah, birwilig's a SHE? o_0 I always thought it was the other way around ^_^'

aiikachi

aiikachi

Goddess of the Wind and Rain

I see im not the only one with this complaint:

today i logged on and quite a few of my walls were deleted--many of them were highly rated, and quite of few of them i DID in fact work quite hard on--but it makes me think, if this site is so picky about what they consider good, why do they even allow the members to post their personal comments atall?

Signature

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by aiikachiwhy do they even allow the members to post their personal comments atall?

second sentence of the support section :
While we endeavor to protect freedom of speech, there are certain behaviors which are not tolerable and/or constitute an infringement of human rights. Therefore we have set up this policy.

i suppose it answers to the question ^_^' ; it's first a community were everyone has the right to say its opinion. if it stays polite and correct i don't see where is the problem to give personal comments ... everybody can make mistakes ; even the moderators. So, it's important that everybody can communicate its opinion.

i really encourage all the people coming talking in this thread to read the support section. Some might say there are only common policy talks in there. But there are also a lot of tips and info about quality ; a lot of answers are given there.
http://support.minitokyo.net ; it has even been rewrited to make it very very clear.

i hope it was of any help

Support section

haldir

CTA Designs...

same here !!, put your backs into it !!!when doing ur walls

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

We do not delete wallpapers for pleasure, we delete them because they do not conform to the policy. In the policy and FAQ there are detailed explanations on how the wallpapers are judged.

Favorites and comments are irrelevant to the evaluation. A black canvas with a great babe will net you many favorites...
.. before it gets deleted.

Minitokyo is now in a fase of cleaning, so wallpapers that were left before by error will be deleted now.

No, we're not 100% right. We are human after all , so a <b>few</b> times we err. If you really think the deletion was unfair, you can send a private message to a mod (NOT to Sheqel. He hates pm :D) asking for evaluation. If you want, you can send them to me. But be VERY sure that you wallpaper conforms to the policy and is of a high enough quality before doing so. Complaining without a good reason is no good.

Signature

page 6 of 27 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.