Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar? - Minitokyo

How Would You React If You Saw A Guy Using A Girlish Avatar?

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 238 total items

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Well if I know the person using the female avatar is a guy, I wouldn't really care. I use some female characters for avatars too sometimes. I don't see anything wrong with that...

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

aemil

aemil

Mega-newb

Maybe I'm just new here, but I occasionally find it pretty weird that some the picture that some guys choose to represent themselves with online happens to be female.

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

Because anie girls are pretty and I don't care id a boy use a girl avatar! I used to use one in AO! :nya:

Earn money reading e-mails here

DianKibou

DianKibou

The inflatable Dragon God

Well I like girls because they looks cuter than boys and Belldandy is one of my fave girls ^^ Okay I like girls with inflatables and not boys :D

Signature

DevilJo

DevilJo

Death Angel

To me I dont really care what they use, but I think girls are better than boys avatar.

"True Power lies within the blood of your
peoples revenge. . . The devils fruit can lead me there. . . ."

Sorry for my poor english...

It 's true... Girl are better tah boys avatar...

But the guys must to resist the temptation and use masculine avatar....

proj

proj

piracy~Digita

ho, ho, ho! ;) an avi is one's expression, a window to better understand who we are from within; after all, that's why many of us are here, yah? to play the various roles we desire to be...if i cross paths & discuss ideas with anyone here, then i'm not going to worry about who lies beyond the web.. ^^.

there are reasons for why things are what they are..
*shrugs* as such, who am i to judge? ;)

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

This is definatly a very intersting thread, so I am going to push the question one step further: in an online community like this, does gender really matter? In fact, outside of going out with someone, does gender ever matter? A friend is a friend which every way you look at it. In a strange way i find it quite disturbing that despite all the "political correctness" people go on about, there is still a HUGE segregation down the middle of the human population.
Trying to stay on topic; an avatar is just a pic attached to a name, nother more. And as it is a pic of someone else any way, weather it is male or female is a minor point when concidering the difference in charactor. No one gets to choose what they are born as, but they can chose who they are - therefore it is the charactor of the avator that is important,.
It is unfair to make any jurgements about a person based on what they are (after all, it's not as if they had a choice) but instead go by what they do. Oh, and never assume anything from first impressions!
(sorry for such a long post!).

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Well that sort of thing happens to me ive always thought that a fellow member was a guy cos of mostly the NAME..... a.k.a. Ded113 and in AO she was known as Dedwards so didnt know she was a girl until she joined Imanimetions.... >_>

But yeah using a girls avatar eludes the minds of most people so they would be shocked to see a guy using it...Like ME for instance hence the girl angel sig and avatar! XD
Im 99% a male! the rest is just acute paranoia schizophrenia....

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well this is an interesting thread princess, I think you thought I was a girl (a pretty hot one at that) :D at the beginning too, haha, and my mild manner does make a number of people in mt believing I was a girl at first. However, I don't think this happens anymore. As for why I choose my first avatar, I have changed it since then, I think I have told you about that, we do share some sad memories. :( Btw, I think you can tell whether they are a guy or not just by some of the things that they say in the forum, I think it is pretty easy to spot a guy wouldn't you think. ;)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Quote by OracleAngelLike ME for instance hence the girl angel sig and avatar! XD
Im 99% a male! the rest is just acute paranoia schizophrenia....

OA is a guy..? >_> *adds another person to the mistaken gender list* ^_^' hehe sorry

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

It doesn't bother me in the least. When I see members around MT, they're genderless to me at first, regardless of what their avatar is. And when I visit their userpage I find out whether they are a guy or a girl. And if it turns out its a guy behind the girlish avatar, it doesn't conjure up strange/confused feelings or sway my perception of the member . Oh but the second option is also very true: girls look better on avatars ^^

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I dont see anything wrong with it. If a guy wants to have a chick as his avatar then more power too him! XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

While I do find it a little unsettling, it doesn't matter a whole lot to me. People use what they want to use, and I'm not about to police them on it. It does get kind of confusing, but heck... freedom of choice :)

....But you'll never catch me doin' that!

HTML Coding Hates Me...

peachiemint

peachiemint

.:dreaming of you:.

hmm.... i think id tell them... "aww, wut a kyute avieee!! make me one too, purdie plz". i wouldnt think any less of them. as long as their not advertising anything hentai-ish, its all good. tee hee XP

Signature
This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I remember using a dancing girl as my avy! Xanders, of all members, thought I was a girl with my avy! He found out when I made a thread saying that I'm losing my hair, remember! ^_^' I believe his quote was, "I thought you were a gal, a lady, a femme-fetale, but nooooo! You're a bald man! XD LMAO Boy, was I embarassed! Anyhoo, because of that I decided to use guy avys, sometimes ask einna to make one for me! Well, to answer your question, Celessa, I would have to choose "Confused", even though I check their userpages first before assuming what gender they are! Easier for me, I guess! :)

Curses, I double-posted! Gomen, Celessa! >.<

Everyone has their favorite characters or looks and I completely understand if a guy likes the style of an av or sig even if it's "girlish." usually I can tell someone's gender by how they speak or by their member name. As for me I usually don't like to have a girl avatar, just because when someone sees my av I want them to relate it to me a bit. As I said in an earlier thread I don't like guys using girl characters in MMORPGs, THAT can be confusing because that character pretty much turns into you!

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

ya know >.>;; I am a guy and well look at my av. I don't know i guess for some guys it' just might be that on the inside most guys may feel that they're kind of queer by having a pic. of a guy. XD

Signature

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Guys using girl avies and girls using guy avies aren't that big of an deal to me.I can usually tell if someone is a guy or not from how they speak, from their name, and frrom their title.Plus,I usually right 85% of the time.People sometimes uses avie if they think they are cool,cute, or if they relate to them somehow.My avie relates to me becasue I'm a dude,but if I wanted to,I'd pic a cutsy girl avie because I think girl avies look better,even if they may confused a person or to ^_^.Other than that, people ar free to choose what they want or do because of they want to be different or their own indiviual.That's what makes things interesting :) .

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

bakaonigiri2

bakaonigiri2

silly cat

It's a bit embarassing to refer to a guy as a girl and then finding out their true gender...but I've made friends that way!! ^^ I think it's pretty normal for guys to use girls in their avatars...cause usually guys like girls ;) And vice versa of course :)

I should have known...that a riceball does not belong in a fruits basket

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by StarCenturyCurses, I double-posted! Gomen, Celessa! >.<

ROFL no problem there.

Quote by StarCenturyI remember using a dancing girl as my avy! Xanders, of all members,
thought I was a girl with my avy! He found out when I made a thread
saying that I'm losing my hair, remember! ^_^' I believe his quote was,
"I thought you were a gal, a lady, a femme-fetale, but nooooo! You're a
bald man! XD LMAO Boy, was I embarassed! Anyhoo, because of that
I decided to use guy avys, sometimes ask einna to make one for me!

ROFL - Star, my friend. **Cries** I thought you were a girl because of that avy too! **Places her head in the pillow and sobs, drained with emotional tears** Why? Why?? lol **Jumps back up**

I'm cool with that though. No need to feel embarassed. I was just being honest when I told ya I thought you were a girl as well. No worries though - I never meant to offend you at all, not one bit, really. It's your choice after all there, ne? Haha - but still, I don't mind - to me StarCentury is just a man to impress the ladies, and you do it so well, believe me. **Snickers**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

I don't have a problem with it. I generally like to see the cute girl avie's anyway. :) Besides if I get confused about their gender I'll go check their userpage out before I start saying anything stupid. *lol*

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Having a female avatar really makes no difference. All it is is a pic that you like and think is cool looking. I'm a guy and I have Scar as my avatar because FMA is cool and I wish I could vaporize stuff with my hand. But I see nothing wrong with a female ava. Mine will change at some point.

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 238 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.