Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 same-sex marriage? - Minitokyo

same-sex marriage?

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 189 total items

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

I really don't have anything against gays/lesbians whats thair busness is their busness. But you no sociaty today would accept lesbians more then gay men Another wrench in the works for what some "Christans" beleave. Im sure there were gays back in the biblical tims but people back there where probibly ashamed to even say anthing about it.

Anywho whet ever makes them happy ya know?

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Please remember to remain civil and be respectful of other peoples' opinions; no name-calling. (I deleted the offensive post.) This thread is for the purposes of discussion; if you don't feel capable of having a reasonable discussion on this subject, then please just avoid this thread altogether. Thanks. ^^

If you were already being reasonable and civil then please disregard this message. ^^

Same sex marriage is so unholy. Not only their defiling the "sacred matrimony," but it also shows disrespect to God. God created women for men. This is a fact and will always be true. Really, what are people thinking these days?! In any case, feel free to marry anyone you like even if its the same sex, it's your life, mine is an opinion anyway. :)

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Quote by darkspiral486
Also, a lot of you people are arguing that the Bible says its a sin?
Well, first of all, DMNY makes a good point in that the Bible is not
the Word of God incarnate. It is probably the word of God, but passed
down by generations of Hebrews before finally getting written down, and
revised countless times since then.
Have any of you ever played *Whisper Down the Lane* or *Telephone*, the
game where you whisper something the first person said around a circle
of people and listen to the end result aloud. You ever notice how the
ending message is never what the first person intended? Try playing
that game, only with about 1000 people, and half of them only speak
High School Spanish while the rest are fluent in it, and the message is
in Spanish. How garbled do you think it will be at the end? That is
like the Bible in modern times, that message at the end of the lane.
Finally, for all of you Bible readers who missed this earlier, I will
add a point I made in a debate in Confirmation class once. (for the
record, I was baptized and raised Catholic, recently converted to
Episcopalianism)
In the Acts of the Apostles, Peter is up on the roof of Simon the
tanners house when he gets hungry and asks for something to eat. While
it is being made, he falls into a trance and sees a vision of a sheet
being lowered from heaven by its corners, filled with animals
considered to be unclean by centuries of Jewish law. A voice said,
*Come, Peter, kill and eat.*
*No, Lord, for no profane thing has ever passed my mouth* Peter
replied.
*What the Lord God has made clean, you should not call profane.* The
voice said, and this was repeated three times.
It meant that God was casting off centuries of his own laws to bring
his message of hope to the Gentiles, with whom no Jew could assosciate
with before without commiting an abomination. If Peter had not recieved
that vision, no Christian here today would be a Christian. We are,
after all, all Gentiles. So, if God would change such a huge chunk of
his own laws to allow the Gentiles to worship him, why are you
complaining about one tiny clause of the law dated from the same time?

I totally agree with you on that point, I have a lot of ideas about the Bible that I will have to discuss with you guys elsewhere, but I think what you say makes sense completely.
Who cares about same-sex marriage? What difference does it matter if homosexual people get married? I asked my step-dad (a conservative "homophobe") that question, and he replied that it egged them on. Long story short, it all boiled down to them being homosexual, and if people have a problem with that, then too bad. It is how it is, they are not going to stop being homosexual because people want them to.

Brownie the Cat

darkspiral486

darkspiral486

Carpe Annum

One more point. I have seen several posts that describe homosexuality as a sin. I wont try to dissuade you, because you can believe what you chose to believe, but stick with me for a second. First, if two people are homosexual, and choose to express their sexual preferences, how does it affect you? Some of you might say that they would try to make a move on you. So look at it this way.

There is this guy/girl that you are hopelessly in love with. However, you can tell that he/she does not return the feeling. Would you still ask them out? Say thay you do, and he/she turns you down. Would you continue to chase after them, or even (God forbid!) try to assualt him/her? No, you wouldnt. Why? Because you are a decent person.

When a homosexual encounters a heterosexual person in that scenario, would they act any differently than you do? No, of course not. Why? Because they are decent people! Homosexuals are not sex-hungry monsters. Though you might say that they are all pedaphiles, sexual offenders, etc. etc. (which is a blanket statement of the worst kind. After all, going by those same priciples, all ministers of the Bible are pedaphiles!), you could also point out how many more rapes there are each year by heterosexual males and females. Homosexuals are simply people with different sexual preferences. An example of a good comparison is this:

A friend of yours (guys) has horrible taste in girls. He always seems to pick the ugliest girl out of the crowd and is going out with her within a week. Do you forsake him because he likes ugly chicks? No! If you are really his friend, you respect him for his choices, even if you dont agree with them.

Finally, I must ask again, how does people being homosexual affect you? Simply put, it doesnt. Though you might be offended to see two men making out at the bus stop, you would be equally offended to see your friend slobbering all over the theoretical ugly chick. Also, if you believe it is a sin, well, isnt the entire New Testament dedicated to the belief that you should forgive sins?! So, if they are sinners in your opinion, forgive them, and dont hold their supposed offenses against them. After all, isnt that what being a Christian is all about?

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by Ayamaelokay... i was surprised to see there wasn't any thread about this subject... and since i know someone who loves threads that aren't too easy to answer to (yes, mel, i'm talking about you ^^) i thought maybe i could start one...
anyways, do you agree with same-sex marriage? Coz' i know there's a heated debate about it in Canada and the United States, and in lots of other countries in the world i suppose...
in my case, i don't see what's so wrong with it... i mean, there's this whole "it goes against traditional values", and "God made us for man-woman relationships" and so on... but to me, if God didn't accept those, why would he even create people that have a preference for their own sex? And for the traditional values argument... it's true, it would change everything... but sometimes, those values are meant to be changed... i don't know... i just think homosexuals should have the right to choose... be free to do so, as heterosexuals are...
anyways, i'm curious to know what you think about this issue... and btw, everyone is entitled to their opinion, you might disagree, but i don't want any flaming, for anyone... please ^^

I think God wouldn't mind two loving people expressing themselves to the world. There's just something about marriage that makes it more real and more infinite. And as far as "made us for man/woman relationships" go, over population is already a problem and some of us get by just fine without one or the other. In the end, I'd really like to get married someday and I don't see why someone else should get to tell me I'm evil for loving someone.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

equinox01

equinox01

Lost In Darkness

I am for it,afterall I am a huge avdocate for individuality and individual rights, the god quote I have some problems with becuse i think that god is omnipresant and condradiction

Signature
I don' Like myself much
Shadow

Jheiracks

Jheiracks

absently lost in creation

Who has the right to deem what is right or wrong, no one. As is which each culture and every person, we are commonly unique, why would who you love or want to marry be any different? WE all have differnt veiws and those veiws, no matter what they are, should be respected. That does not mean that we force what we see as okay behavior on anyone else, nor try and form a person into why they are not, nor incriminating them for what they are. I'd actually been avoiding this thread,a nd decided I was being all pansy like. I have e big problem with other temming someone else that who they are is someting unnatural and should be slaughtered for the way they are. *Sighs* People like that make me sick. You are as you were made, nothing is more natural and being otherwise would only lead to unhappiness. (sorry for the atrocious speel, I'm feeling to lazy to get out my word program) *Smiles*

The intelligence on these boards is amazing!
/end sarcasm.

I'm pro-gay marriage, for those of you who won't take the time to read through this.

Concerning those who quoted the bible... .. the bible is not our law. The bible is a bunch of stories created during the time when Jesus was hop-scotching around the earth. Out of thousands of stories that were made, only a select few were picked. So, take into consideration that the bible is made up of he-said-she-said shitick.

As for those saying that "gayness is a sin"... the bible also says that fathers can sell off their daughters and that slavery is okay. Is it? Obviously not. It's funny how you choose to only believe certain things from that book. God has yet to come down and say "Joo can't be gay, fooo!11!" nor is anybody else.

i think all of you should open up your minds a bit. This is why the Christian religion has such a bad name; most of you are incredibly ignorant.

Homosexuality is unnatural!!11... and? Or so you think it is. But for the record, homosexuality has been found in animals, so it's more natural than you think. None the less, this is not a good reason for you to attempt to force your twisted beliefs onto others.

It's gross! Who's forcing you to watch it? Don't like it, don't think about it. And for the gay-PDA complainers... don't attack just one group. You think you have a right to make out with your dearly beloved in a public area, why shouldn't anybody else?

Overall, the immaturity and lack of good argument in this thread makes me think that most of you need to grow the heck up. What it boils down to is it's none of your business. Whatever happens in somebody else's life and bedroom is none of your concern. So put down your bible, stop making protesting signs, and mind your own damn business.

Homosexuals are people, and in America, they're American citizens. They should have the same rights as everybody else has, not to be dictated by personal beliefs formed by a near fairy-tale.

Marriage is between two people who love each other. Fin.

And by the way, it's not the religious union people think it is.

I myself am against it even though I won't judge anybody. I also know that even George Bush is trying to abolish all the laws that allow same sex marriage in every singel state. But obviously that's going to take some time.
I also don't think that should be allowed because as i've heard others say God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. ^_^'

Signature

Arinami, I think you will see that a LOT of posts are actually pro-gay marriage as I am. I see you might be passionate about the issue as well but please do consider what had been said on the reverse of the medal ;)

Narutofan...what about Eve and Glenda Huh? Would that work? I do hope we are not going to turn this into a Bush talk. PLEASE

Actually I just don't get what the ruckus is. Marriage is about love, and if two people love each other, than of course they want to get married. It's not sinful or anything, it's love! I don't get what those evangelical reactionary christians want, but if they're not hurting anyone, at least gays / lesbians can marry.

Besides, marriage carries a lot of economical and potential benefits. Denying gay/lesbian couples the right to marry is like denying their existence as American citizens.

Amen to that although I do believe the issue is worldwide and not just American...

Quote by DMNYArinami, I think you will see that a LOT of posts are actually pro-gay marriage as I am. I see you might be passionate about the issue as well but please do consider what had been said on the reverse of the medal ;)
Narutofan...what about Eve and Glenda Huh? Would that work? I do hope we are not going to turn this into a Bush talk. PLEASE

I considered it, up until the point where one's personal religious views were involved and then all credit magically disappeared. There were, however, some good points.

I think two year olds are more intelligent than some of the people on here. Nooo specifics..

Naruto, about Bush and his stance against gay marriage... 11 states allowed their citizens to vote on whether to legalize gay marriage in their state. All 11 came up nay. I don't know if it was because they were Southern states or what, but it certainly was a blow to those who are pro gay-marriage.

Well of course it has to come down to religious views ;) since most of the non-gay arbitrators were stomping on it without really understanding the time/culture/situation that a possibly misunderstood passage of the "good" book was mentioned. sarcasm...stop...I do agree with your thoughts Arinami, don't get me wrong on that, and I'm sure you have gone on my own personal notes and thoughts on the subject. I'm just being careful on the choice of words pointed at some people within this thread or elsewhere.

Looks like Massachusetts is the first state to allow gay marriage! Hurrah! ;)

6 pages? I have to sit through six pages reading about same-sex marriages? Lordy give me a break. I guess I should pitch in then.

What is the big deal? Answer this question honestly. If a gay guy is marrying another man right this instant, what will you do? Commit seppaku? Jump off a bridge? Is it really that important? Does 2 people's private decisions really matter? I think not.

There are so many other issues more pertinent then gay marriage. Gas prices, consumer discontent, where is Bin Laden?, etc.. It's amazing how only in America can gay marriage be such a big issue. Like what Maceart said, if it doesn't harm you, why not? There is no such thing as "degradation" of morals. What percentage of America do gays make up? I bet less than 2%. So in a nutshell go ahead and marry gays I won't stop you as long as you guys do it at least 30 feet away from me.

That is all.

SRVHS Anime club! Now showing: Futakoi Alternative, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu.
Signature

6 pages? Yes...It's really a question of letting everyone share and post their opinions but I do believe you are right as well, there are more important issues to discuss since this had imo always been a non-issue. It's nonetheless an interesting thread.

Interesting and fun to read, yes. Wasting taxpayer's money on court cases and picket lines? No. Now why don't you all go watch some anime that all feature at least some sort of homosexual tendencies? Anime can be very eye-opening *wink wink.

SRVHS Anime club! Now showing: Futakoi Alternative, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu.
Signature

lol
I dont think people have the need to find homosexual tendencies in anime. Go book my friend and read Anne Rice...hehehe
BTW...
Tax wasting is a constant issue and could be a thread on its own.

beb3xchange

K-Otic

i think there is nothing wrong with same sex marriage, because we can't stop someone from being gay. So if two people, any two people, want to come together forever lawfully then why must we stop it?

life isn't simple; deal with it

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I understand why Christians are voting against it. It would be the same as asking an Islamic man to vote for a pro-pork bill. Of course he will not. It goes against his beliefs regardless of what other people think about it.

America is a democracy, and regardless of your religious background you should be able to vote for what you believe is right. Just because someone is christian and votes for what they believe in is no reason to stomp on them. Frankly, I have a sort of mixed attitude towards it. I have always thought that people should be able to do what they want and believe in without too much interruption. You cannot force someone to be christian, nor islamic, nor pagan...etc. So why beat them up about it? Its our civic duty to vote for what we believe is best. I know america is in a process of growing. It will grow the way the people who vote want it to grow. Blaming Bush altogether is also a faulty thing to do. He is ONE man. However there were millions of people supporting an anti-gay marraige bill in I believe eleven states. Griping at Bush isnt going to change anything. The people's attitude as a whole will have to change, and that, again, hinges on what they believe, not what you believe. And that, is how this country should be run. People voting freely without having verbal rocks thrown at them. :) Thats why we're a democracy.

I wonder when the courts will start taking issues on a bigger scale such as polygamy(something allowed in islamic religion, so arent we infringing on their rights to practice islam?) and things such as NAMBLA(which I will openly say is something I would never even consider voting for)?

Quote by Sunira
America is a democracy, and regardless of your religious background you should be able to vote for what you believe is right. Just because someone is christian and votes for what they believe in is no reason to stomp on them. ?

And the all-American question....

Why should my vote control somebody else's life?

When it comes to voting for people, it's purely political. But for us to vote on gay marriage is us deciding on another person's life. . We don't know them, they don't know us. The fate of their life depends on a bunch of strangers during a process that takes under a minute.

Is that right? It sounds more like an indirect form of slavery.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the same sex marriage. I think as long someone is comfortable, or happy with their significant other, why not? I suppose religion has a lot of impact upon this topic, also people's prespective and stereotype.

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 189 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.