Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is Suicide Selfish? - Minitokyo

Is Suicide Selfish?

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 148 total items

Maybe this topic has already been presented among these forums, but I'm new around here so forgive me if it has. Suicide is always a touchy topic, and some believe the act to be openly selfish and indulgant, but I think after analyzing it a bit more in a lot of cases it can be very different from the stereotypical selfish belief.

I'm not really interested in getting religion involved, since there's already so many threads geared in that direction anyway. I also think it diverts thinking from the actual subject at hand, so you don't like suicide because your religion condemns it? That's great but it doesn't really tell me anything about you or how you feel about the subject. Personally I'm tired of people using religion as an excuse or front to feel the way they do, if you have something to impose then just say it and believe in it, don't lessen it's meaning by backing it up with "God says so."

- If you could just close your eyes I'd help you pull the trigger...

forte712

forte712

I see the monkey mind...

I feel suicide is a bad thing, because it is still murder. Taking a life. Even though it is yourself, and it is voluntary, it will still cause bad effects. I believe in karma, and suicide does count as a bad karma, although not so bad that you will go straight to hell, or someplace really bad.
That aside, I believe suicide is a cowardly thing to do. I know I might sing a different tune when life's worst problem starts to pound on me, but I still believe it is just running away from the problem. It will not solve it. It will only create more problems.

Ii shoubu ni shioze! ~ Maeda Keiji

Personally, I'm against suicide. However, as far as the topic is concerned, I think it's situational. If it were someone with say, cancer, only had a few weeks or some other time that can be considered to be short to live, they were in a lot of pain, and already said all of their goodbyes to loved ones, I wouldn't consider it selfish. It would be more along the lines of putting oneself out of their own misery.

However, if the situation were something along the lines of serious material or emotional loss, such as breaking up with a long time lover or gambling away every last cent and choosing suicide as the 'easy way out' over working/fighting to get things back in order, I would see it as selfish. Gotta remember that death in just about any form is most likely to have a hard impact on other close family members and friends.

This of course is one of those long time debatable subjects, but those are my 2 cents on it.

If you wanna kill yourself, by all means. Its not selfish at all in my mind - its no more selfish than doing anything for (or to) yourself that you wanna do. No one should have a greater say on what you do to yourself than yourself, and I think its selfish to impose your will on another, regardless of what the other wishes, for your own values.

RiKyoku

RiKyoku

**~I Love You~**

its not really selfish....its just depression.............u dont wanna live so u do suicide....=P

its selfish coz u dnt care about the people hu care for u and its for ur own"good" or w/e and u dnt think wat ur loved ones will feel after that

violina

violina

detached from the world

Certainly not. I feel that it's everyone else who surrounds the person that is selfish. A person doesn't just suddenly decide they want to commit suicide. They could have been caught prior. Regardless of that, no one can stake claims to what a person is going through. Only the person who is experiencing their own life can make such a judgment such as that. To be selfish is to keep a person alive just because they can't bear the thought of loosing them.

Signature
To regret one's own experiences is to arrest one's own development. To deny one's own experiences is to put a lie into the lips of one's life. It is no less than a denial of the soul. -- Oscar Wilde

Quote by halominits selfish coz u dnt care about the people hu care for u and its for ur own"good" or w/e and u dnt think wat ur loved ones will feel after that

The spelling and grammer of your statement just makes you seem even more ignorant. What makes you think someone who commits suicide doesn't care about anyone? Thats a huge and probably inaccurate assumption.

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Quote by Mystfyre

Quote by halominits selfish coz u dnt care about the people hu care for u and its for ur own"good" or w/e and u dnt think wat ur loved ones will feel after that

The spelling and grammer of your statement just makes you seem even more ignorant. What makes you think someone who commits suicide doesn't care about anyone? Thats a huge and probably inaccurate assumption.

true. a mom in my neighborhood had a husband and child and commited suicide after 9/11.
it is very situational though. i, for one will never understand how people can go through with it. i have too many plans for the future--big plans. and i'm not going to let anything mess that up no matter how bad things get.
i find it more cowardly than selfish. they think they're solving problems but their really just creating more.

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

Akari

Akari

easily amused by cute things

No, it's not selfish. It's giving into yourself. You have the power to stop yourself from killing yourself. It's a mental problem that is caused by those around you. Like violina said, someone dosn't just say "oh I'd like to kill myself for no reason today~" it takes time for your emotions to bottle up and overflow before you consider doing things like that.

Signature

Easy way out? Hah! Whatever your priorities. I, for one, do not think killing myself would be "easy". In fact, it would definitley be the hardest thing for me to do in my life (of course, it would end my life so I would never have an opportunity to do something harder :D).

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Quote by MystfyreIf you wanna kill yourself, by all means. Its not selfish at all in my
mind - its no more selfish than doing anything for (or to) yourself
that you wanna do. No one should have a greater say on what you do to
yourself than yourself, and I think its selfish to impose your will on
another, regardless of what the other wishes, for your own values.

I second that opinion.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

selfish, no more so than anything else people do. as for me, i think i'm just too lazy to try it, so i can't see it being the "easy" way out

everyone have serious promblem but many guy choose fight not flight as you
I wish you think to fight them good luck guy

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

yes very selfish and stupid
plus it is the cowards way out

I personally think suicide happens when someone is faced with problems which is hard to solve. Or lost something/someone important to him. Whether or not, I feel that suicide is an act of cowardice and selfish. How many people around you cared and love you? How much time and effort did your parent put into you?

Suicide will not solve anything, but instead create another problem to the society and causing hurts to others. Having to disect your body to check for the cause of death. Family not allowed to claim back the body. Insurance refusing to pay because it is un-natural death. Etc...

kaimynas

kaimynas

And the rain starts falling..

Suicide Is Dump Thing For People Who Dont Fink About Future.
Maybe I Thinking About Suicide Every Day,But I Also Thinking About Fings I Have Never Done,And Other People To Who Im Needed.

Signature
	ImageForeverAutumn

I find that it is more of a cowardly act, a mean of escape when things gets tough.

coolwar13

coolwar13

Lord of War

Suicide is not so selfish at all, because it is the hardest Decision (and may your last) you have. For Some it is the LAST WAY OUT. And really, i think for very few Problems, there isn´t any help than the Suicide (only for some people, of course)

The War is Cold... but Peace is as well......

Commiting to suicide is by no means selfish, nor is it a cowards way out...
I believe that the selfish ones are the people that try to persuade the victim into staying alive, coz they cant bear to see them go...If u realli loved them, wouldnt u rather they find peace instead of living a life full of torment and pain???
Suicide takes a great deal of thought...like others have said, it isnt just a overnight thing...

Cowardly??? not at all...for thoes that consider suicide to be the cowardly way out, have u ever attempted suicide??? has ur life ever been full of nothing else but pain, torment and suffering, that u were already dead inside - so bad that u had even contemplated about taking ur own life???
it isnt as easy as taking a knife to the wrist...

Signature

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way they live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." - The Crow

"Sometimes, we're so powerless, that the onli thing we can control is how little we live on" - Mena Suvari (Loser)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/anjelicomen

GonTidus

GonTidus

Dise

selfish, stupid, and a cowardly act ,finally all who wants the suicide are poor mind losers.

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

No, everything is selfish!!! Think about it, you eat cause you're selfish for life. To be selfish is human and life.

-repeat-

PAche

PAche

hoarder

its just death.people die eventually anyway, its only when you die

true it is selfish considering other's feelings.but everyone will die one day so it doesnt really matter, they'll hafta cope when they're 80 and you're dead.

i think a 30 yr old heart can hold better than an 80-year-old heart when it comes to these stuff

you say its cowardly, it depends on the situation.life isnt all that great anyway, right jasaiyajin?its just the thinking they drum into you since young, a typical mindset

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

Well that depends!

If you have friends that care about you and they want to live so yes it is selfsh...
But, if you're alone then its not since no one cares...

But if you have a purpose in this world then it is stupid to die now right...?

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 148 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.