Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Athrun x Cagalli... What will Fukuda do with them? - Minitokyo

Athrun x Cagalli... What will Fukuda do with them?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 13 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next » 303 total items

Kagally

Kagally

?purple | hibari?

NO NO!
Athrun must married CAGALLI !

"Nature is the BEST! Why did we need to change everything?"
Signature
My Latest Submission: [Under da Sunlight]

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

If Fukuda is the little dipshit he is, he'll prolly obey the voices of the fans and cash if they want AthCaga.

Personally, I don't really care who Athrun goes with as long as I see some well done drama and romance...

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

SoultakerJustice

SoultakerJustice

Hero for the Future

Who Knows?

I thinks Athrun is start to lean towards Meyrin in my opinion. Still, it's any "girls'" ballgame when Athrun's concern. I guess we'll just wait to see what happens in Gundam SEED ETERNITY.

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

I'm for it going either way really. ^^ Athrun and Cagalli OR Athrun and Meyrin.

Seriously though, Cagalli almost got MARRIED to someone else. I don't care if it was 'for her country', because honestly the ordeal was rather stupid and had no real positive effects for her country. So why did she get pushed into that? Because Cagalli in Destiny was LAME. >.> Don't take this the wrong way, I ADORED Cagalli in SEED. But Destiny? She was okay for the most part, but then she was also pretty lame. She couldn't defend her ideals at ALL. Not with Shinn and not with the representatives. Not to say that she didn't fix things... though honestly ORB got on my nerves in Destiny.

What was with those pilots just ramming themselves into ZAFT ships? If they truly disagreed with what they were doing, THEN FOR GODSAKE DON'T DO IT. I guess their allegiance is so blind to their country that they'd even go against their own hearts. ::shakes head:: And their own ideals. >.< ORB was a sad excuse of what it was in SEED.

But that is all off topic. ::bows head:: ^^ I will get back to what I want to say... It's up to Athrun. ^^ And although he and Meyrin weren't 'side by side', they still left together. I wonder why Meyrin didn't go with Lunamaria and Shinn? And Athrun with Kira and Lacus? It is something to think about. To say that there is nothing there, is just your Asu/Caga feelings popping up. The fact is, we DON'T know what is there. But we can't say that there is nothing. See what I mean?

I haven't seen Final plus yet, I just saw some screenshots. ^^; But I think Meyrin is a nice match for Athrun (about as nice a one as Cagalli) but that is merely my opinion.

What will Fukuda do with them? ^^ I hope nothing too horrible and I certainly hope he doesn't make some new girl come so he can have another half-ass relationship. What we need is something with a base (Which both couples have). So I certainly pray it goes either Athrun/Cagalli or Athrun/Meyrin. ^^

Signature Image

ceriseangel2

ceriseangel2

Intjkitty

Cagalli wouldn't have done anything to give up Athrun ... it's mainly because of Fukuda! May be the director likes to continue the ending or make more money?

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

Quote: Cagalli wouldn't have done anything to give up Athrun ... it's mainly because of Fukuda! May be the director likes to continue the ending or make more money?

Even so, Cagalli in Destiny is still Cagalli. ::shrugs:: And she did give up Athrun. Although yeah, I also thought it was strange, it's how they protrayed her and who am I to argue with the people who created her? It's what they decided to do with their character... despite how LAME it all was... >.>

Though internally I do hold Fukuda responsible, I still can't help but to look at the characters themselves, ya know? I mean, despite it being something that none of us thought Cagalli would do, people in real life do things you never would have expected. So I, as the person who did not create Cagalli, can not say with 100% assurancy that she was out of character. Maybe it was just another side to her character, one that can not handle pressure or debates, I guesss (but uh, hopefully it was just major inexperience at being a politician, since she will be ruling ORB now I believe) and I do take into account that she is only 18 years old... but I'm 16, and trust me, regardless of experience, I would NEVER have agreed to marry Yuuna. It was such bullshit. LAME bullshit.

Yeah, many things in Destiny were lame, but that was one that really got to me. So unfortunately for Cagalli, it does knock her character down on my list. ::shrugs:: I still love her though. I just don't respect her as much. ::shrugs:: But Meyrin, she won my respect with what she did. She, unlike Cagalli, followed her heart and threw away her allegiance to ZAFT to save the life of someone who mattered to her. I mean... it was brave... and true, I guess. A startling contrast to what Cagalli did... so, yeah, that's one reason why I like Meyrin a lot. (though I actually like Cagalli from SEED better, I like Meyrin better than Cagalli in Destiny, sooo... they're about equal). She did say she didn't know why she did it, but I think her falling onto Athrun explained it enough. She cared about him. (in that episode where she started crying on archangel)

I'm not bashing Cagalli and supporting Meyrin, though it does seem like it. I'm just saying that Meyrin has good things about her and personally, I think she goes with Athrun JUST AS GOOD as Cagalli does. ::smiles:: Meyrin didn't get enough development, and I think her last line in Destiny was lame. (what she said to Lunamaria), but still... ::shrugs:: All the characters have their lame moments. Some just are much lamer than others. ^^

Signature Image

well I got to agree with you guys about Cagalli out of character but I still support ArthunxCagalli 100%. I know that Meyrin is a good character but not matter how I look at it, Meyrin and Arthun doesn't look good together. Also, even though Meyrin did threw her allegiance to Zaft for Arthun, it doeasn't mean that Arthun has to like her. I'm sure he is grateful for her but I believe that he still love Cagalli.

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

My mum gave opinion when I tell her about Fukuda and Gundam. [I know.. OMG... My MOM! Right!] BUt again she did give me quite sense of Fukuda. She said maybe Fukuda was too high of the first series and he thought if he just does it lazily on the 2nd he still get best. Apparently in this world 2nd always give people the matter of 'WAKE UP!' LOL. The matter of Realise. Maybe if there is 3rd season and there is Athrun Zala and Cagalli Yula Atha, there are more percentage for them in together. But if Athrun was with someone else, it was with the person where fans will say 'okay'. Thats my opinion of Fukuda and AsuCaga.

nicestangel

Cheryl's Destiny

Remember this about the betrayal to Athrun BUT It's for the sake of her country. Meyrin doesn't have a country to think about, to worried about, don't have to hurt her head because of those old politicians, CAgalli defintiely couldn't run away from the responsibilities she have by just following her heart!

What about her father? What about ORB? If you are in her position, what will you do? She thought it was the best that marrying Yuuna, is a good choice for her own country. It hurts her the most that she even agree to marry Yuuna. She loves Athrun and she is willing to sacrifice her own love beacuse of that. She is brave! How many girls could do waht Cagalli is doing?

I don't care about Fukuda anymore and yes I hated him! Him and his stupid plan changing. If their love in love between comrades? Why bother to put them as a couple from the start? NO matter what Athrun and Cagalli is still together from the start till the end. I'll just pretend there is no AsuMey going around.

Athrun is going with Cagalli. He probably sees Meyrin as a little sister or as a really good friend like he sees Lacus. And Cagalli she sometimes worries to much about her nation, but I think that deep down inside she does love Athrun.

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

Quote: Remember this about the betrayal to Athrun BUT It's for the sake of her country. Meyrin doesn't have a country to think about, to worried about, don't have to hurt her head because of those old politicians, CAgalli defintiely couldn't run away from the responsibilities she have by just following her heart!

Okay, give me three benefits to her country that marrying Yuuna would gain? ORB is a republic. She did NOT have to marry that guy for her country. It was so stupid, that its pretty hard to feel sorry for her.
So yeah, she betrayed the promise ring 'for her country' and yet it made no sense at all. Bad writing yes, but still Cagalli? Yes again.

Quote: What about her father? What about ORB? If you are in her position, what will you do? She thought it was the best that marrying Yuuna, is a good choice for her own country. It hurts her the most that she even agree to marry Yuuna. She loves Athrun and she is willing to sacrifice her own love beacuse of that. She is brave! How many girls could do waht Cagalli is doing?

How was that the best choice for her country? Seriously, Cagalli allowed herself to be pushed into that and it made me respect her less. It's brave, but it was utterly stupid so that kinda ruins it.

Quote: Athrun is going with Cagalli. He probably sees Meyrin as a little sister or as a really good friend like he sees Lacus. And Cagalli she sometimes worries to much about her nation, but I think that deep down inside she does love Athrun.

Hmm, we have no proof of Athrun and Cagalli being together. And we have no proof that Athrun thinks of Meyrin as a little sister or close friend. We have no proof either way you want to look at it. Athrun is currently with NO ONE. ^^ That's the only thing we know for certain.

Signature Image

nicestangel

Cheryl's Destiny

THere is no benefit for Orb by marrying Yuuna that I agree but that's my opinion not Cagalli

Feirai

Feirai

Bringer of Light

I hope Athrun gets together with Cagalli...but Fukuda has completely ruined the Seed world with Destiny......

"He does not love who does not show love" - Shakespeare, The Two Gentlemen of Verona

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

Quote: THere is no benefit for Orb by marrying Yuuna that I agree but that's my opinion not Cagalli

Hence why I respect her less. ::shrugs::

But I'm for Athrun/Cagalli or Athrun/Meyrin ^^ So... yeah.

Signature Image

Kiralover182

Kiralover182

Songstress Ashes

I personally hope that its a Cagalli/Athrun pairing... If not, pass me some bricks and Fukudas home address..Lol...

They belong together. They are WAY better than Meyrin and Athrun.... Thats a horrible pairing....

*Ashes

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

Quote: They belong together. They are WAY better than Meyrin and Athrun.... Thats a horrible pairing....

How is Athrun/Meyrin a horrible pairing? Please elaborate.

Signature Image

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

fukuda, ha i dont knoe about that guy. He ruined a good series with episode 50 of GSD, but I guess I can cut him sum slack after ep 51+.

Anywho, cagalli and athrun should be together forever. One of the couples I love. I kinda c the pairing of Meyrin and Athrun but I think the majority are for Athrun and Cagalli.

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

I rewatched Gsd and I think this millions, zillions of times. I think Athrun was really really still in Cagalli. Athrun came back to Archangel, Cagalli came, he was still mad, hello! Jealousy? Troubles with the inside? Watch any love movie and same goes there! The girl thinks it was okay to just forget about him for a while and lastly it was a happily ever after? It was actually going to a perfect love story like every love story has! Hehe! This is actually just a fan who badly wants them to be together!

Personally, I don't believe Athrun and Meyrin would be together even if the Final Plus showed them walking together, because like many people said, Athrun and Meyrin are just more like brother and sister. Athrun has been through ups and downs with Cagalli and been her bodyguard for 2 years time. He even gave her a ring! While Meyrin only knew Athrun as a member in Minerva crew for a short while.

Altough, in the hugging part, it was kind of like Cagalli's having doubts--which may be due to her heavy burden of running a country. But you can see that Athrun is still very sincere!

I do hope that Cagalli would be with Athrun again since the war is over. Fukuda should reallyi put them (Athrun and Cagalli, of course!) back together, if he doesn't want the AC fans out there to send him hate mails forever!

Oh, if anyone noticed, when Athrun had the encounter with Kira and Cagali thanks to Millie, Athrun would be agueing (not agrueing, but rather protecting the ZAFT side) at Cagali but when he notices that Cagali had the ring on her hand he would stop talking. (he's thinking, there goes my marriage, hahaha LoL)

merged: 02-20-2006 ~ 01:05am
True, we all need to give Fukuda a slap in the head. It makes me so miserable thinking about Athrun's and Cagali's relationship. i heard that Fukuda was going to make an OVA saying that it would sum the series all up but guess it wasn't true. Meyrin needs to get her OWN man. It it isn't Athrun and Cagali together, then it's Athrun and nobody. (that sounded like a sad story for Athrun) Hopefully things with Athrun and Cagali works out.

merged: 02-20-2006 ~ 01:05am
True, we all need to give Fukuda a slap in the head. It makes me so miserable thinking about Athrun's and Cagali's relationship. i heard that Fukuda was going to make an OVA saying that it would sum the series all up but guess it wasn't true. Meyrin needs to get her OWN man. It it isn't Athrun and Cagali together, then it's Athrun and nobody. (that sounded like a sad story for Athrun) Hopefully things with Athrun and Cagali works out.

merged: 02-20-2006 ~ 01:09am
Meyrin needs to get her own man.

merged: 02-20-2006 ~ 01:10am
Meyrin needs to get her own man.

*chongie*

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

Meyrin should get her own man? ::blinks:: Since when did being with someone mean that you own them? Cagalli is the one that betrayed Athrun and the promise ring for some really stupid reasons with the guy who's ideas for her country were opposite of her own and yet she still believed marrying him would be a good thing. Right Cagalli, where was your head? He wouldn't even let her speak in the conference room and express her opinions and somehow she just let him tell her that she was marrying him. >.>

If anyone should be making amends, it's Cagalli to Athrun. And Athrun has a choice to be with who he wants. Lets just hope if he goes with Cagalli, they make it work. And the same for him with Meyrin. I don't see how him being alone could be better than him being with Meyrin, but whatever.

I'm still for it either way and I'll be let down no matter how it goes. ::shrugs::

Signature Image

Quote by UchihaTaijiya
Okay, give me three benefits to her country that marrying Yuuna would gain? ORB is a republic. She did NOT have to marry that guy for her country. It was so stupid, that its pretty hard to feel sorry for her.
So yeah, she betrayed the promise ring 'for her country' and yet it made no sense at all. Bad writing yes, but still Cagalli? Yes again.

No,it's not Cagalli,it's Fukudas crappy fantasy.No matter how you look at it Cagalli from Destiny is not the same person as she was in Seed.In Seed Cagalli was confident most of time,impulsive,defended her ideals strongly and was not stupid(her actions were logical,at least from her point of view).How can such a person as Yuuna convince her into such a stupid marriage(I agree with you here,Orb gains nothing from here),especially if he isn't smart and charming.I mean Cagalli is stubborn and doesn't listen to everybody,so how come in a short period of time she gave up her own opinion and started to listen to Yuuna?I'm trying to say that such a situation would never happen if we are talking about Cagalli from Seed.After all,even if Cagalli has a strong sense of duty she is not the type of person to surrender any situation completely and I don't think she would pick her country over her lover,friends or familly as it's shown in Destiny,because she is also honest and wouldn't do anything that she thinks isn't right.As I would say about a bad fanfic she's out of character.
About MeyrinxAthrun.I don't support this pairing,but Fukuda can make it go either way,since he already ruined Cagalli's character.Personally I believe that Destiny won't be continied,so everything will be left to fans imagionation.

The ending is inconclusive. It looks like Athrun and Cagalli are still close friends, but not "like that" anymore, and Meyrin has gotten quite close to Athrun in the meantime.

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

Quote: No,it's not Cagalli,it's Fukudas crappy fantasy.No matter how you look at it Cagalli from Destiny is not the same person as she was in Seed.In Seed Cagalli was confident most of time,impulsive,defended her ideals strongly and was not stupid(her actions were logical,at least from her point of view).How can such a person as Yuuna convince her into such a stupid marriage(I agree with you here,Orb gains nothing from here),especially if he isn't smart and charming.I mean Cagalli is stubborn and doesn't listen to everybody,so how come in a short period of time she gave up her own opinion and started to listen to Yuuna?I'm trying to say that such a situation would never happen if we are talking about Cagalli from Seed.After all,even if Cagalli has a strong sense of duty she is not the type of person to surrender any situation completely and I don't think she would pick her country over her lover,friends or familly as it's shown in Destiny,because she is also honest and wouldn't do anything that she thinks isn't right.As I would say about a bad fanfic she's out of character.
About MeyrinxAthrun.I don't support this pairing,but Fukuda can make it go either way,since he already ruined Cagalli's character.Personally I believe that Destiny won't be continied,so everything will be left to fans imagionation

... it is STILL Cagalli, even if we feel she's different.

Fact is, people change and circumstances can bring out different aspects of one's personalitiy that you might not have known was there. So no one can say with absolute certainly that Cagalli was out of character since YOU nor I created her, get it?

Fukuda created her, he has a right to do what he wants with her.

So it is still Cagalli.

Signature Image

page 2 of 13 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next » 303 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.