Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Athrun x Cagalli... What will Fukuda do with them? - Minitokyo

Athrun x Cagalli... What will Fukuda do with them?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 13 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Next » 303 total items

Quote by UchihaTaijiya
... it is STILL Cagalli, even if we feel she's different.

Fact is, people change and circumstances can bring out different aspects of one's personalitiy that you might not have known was there. So no one can say with absolute certainly that Cagalli was out of character since YOU nor I created her, get it?

Fukuda created her, he has a right to do what he wants with her.

So it is still Cagalli.

I see your point,but as you said it's a bad writing,so I can't take the whole marriage thing seriously.I probably wouldn't mind it if it done in a more belivable way,since I'm not a hardcore Cagalli fan(I just respected her in Seed).In my opinion an author can screw his/her character if he/she lost his/her passion about this particular character or considers him unimportant(I really seen examples like that).

I think the end of Gundam SEED Destiny, more specifically in Final Plus, really shows that even though AsuMey has its chance, in the "end" if there is a GS3, Athrun will stay with Cagalli.

Four main points that bring this to mind:
1 - The opening sequences that came before the Vestige opening theme. Athrun and Cagalli looking at one another, then Athrun pulling her into a hug. If you analyze Cagalli's expression, she's first in shock, then her eyes become downcast, as if hugging Athrun for the "last time", not knowing whether she would ever see him again.
2 - Onto the opening theme with the LacusxKira ribbons a-la Sailor Moon scene where Cagalli and Athrun's figures are shown reaching out for one another. Their hands finally touch in a gentle movement. Meyrin is only shown in the "Athrun's Girls" scene, while Cagalli and Athrun are also featured in the "soldier off to
fight the war" scene.
3 - Ending sequence when "Kimi Wa Boku Ni Niteiru" begins. Shinn and Luna go off together side by side, Lacus has her head on Kira's shoulder, yet Meyrin is walking -behind- Athrun while Athrun is in one of his angsty/emo brooding states of mind. If they were romantically involved, one would think Meyrin would also be side by side, but during the final sequence, no such luck for AsuMey supporters.
4 - Interactions post-memorial scene, when the credits are rolling. Lots of Athrun, Lacus, Kira, and Cagalli interactions, none from anyone else. Focus of the series anyone?

With such a strong showing for those four characters, it makes it hard for anyone else to take center stage. While Destiny started off as Shinn's show, it became a Kira and Athrun (well, mostly Kira) one-man-show.

While some would believe that AsuMey has its possibilities, and like any relationship, does *dear eff, how forced -can- you make ShinxLuna?! Wow...*, I honestly don't see it. Outlining throughout the entire series was Athrun's determination to fight to try and make Cagalli's life easier (why else would he go up to PLANT in the first place if he didn't care for her) though he did start fighting ORB soldiers and only after a Kira smackdown did he "realize the truth" about Dullindal.

I think that Fukuda is also having a pretty hard time himself if there is gonna be a third serise cos i am very sure that he is trying to make everyone happy with the end... to tell the truth the japanese girls LOVE yaoi/slash stuff. Thats why i think they have the destiny ended like with freedom flying off in the first place... then the second verison came out which is a major disappointment haix... i think in the destiny he had already made cagalli into a more woman figure character. If he continue making her so girly, i think she will end up the faith of relena(gundam wing/AC) which many hates and having hundreds of web waiting to kill her...

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Honestly, I am for the Athrun and Cagalli couple because they grew attached to each other to the point where Athrun "somewhat" proposed to her. Both still the same feelings, which is shown in Final Plus, like Aquafire explains. So I have a strong feeling that they will be a couple til the end.

Then again, it is still a likely possibility that a Meyrin and Athrun couple MAY happen, as we see in 50+. Although not really likely, we may never knoe. Fukuda will decide their fates because they are his creations. IMO, I don't really approve of the Athrun and Meyrin couple, but I don't fully deny it either because Meyrin is a good girl...

Fukuda pretty much can do whatever he wants with the characters, even totally screw with anyone's hopes of seeing something they want to c.

Oh, and an interesting topic just came up today...

http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/46468/gsd-fans-must-readespecially-asucaga-fanabout-athrun/

ZonSlashSykato

ZonSlashSykato

Walking the Path of Darkness

I think fukuda would just .. well just maybe they will express the couples feelings in the end of Gundam Seed 3...
Hehehe ... this is just my boring guess.

Signature Image

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

Looking through Cagalli who said to Meyrin: 'Please take care of him because I wont be there with him....' or something like that made me realise that Cagalli wasn't really ready to let go of Athrun. As for Athrun, he was characterized as a cool, quiet person, which he said it himself to Lunamaria and Rey. Shinn was stuborn and couldn't fit on Athrun's presence while Athrun quite say that he was just the same as Shinn, couldn't fit in and thats why he was able to control Shinn. So his heart was solid to majority of people except Kira and etc. And the conclusion is Athrun was not predictable. So does Fukuda in What he did was a lot of changement through the series.

why does fukuda always make asucaga fans like me sad?He likes to create a good couple and break it in the end, good example shinnXstellar... He should just create a good guy for meyrin "end of the problem" ... :)

YoU cAn SaY tHe MoSt WoNdErFuL tHiNgS iF yOu WaNt To

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

After reading Fukuda's interview, lots of them tattaly declare him as a 'Nomad' person. Why? He doesn't stick to one thing. Like in GSeed, Fllay was suppose to ride in Strike Rouge but he changed to Cagalli. And Kira should originally die in the end of GSeed with Athrun losing one arm. [Thank god he change that though!] In Destiny, she changed Lunamaria to something she was not.

So my prediction for AsuCaga is Fukuda would make an AsuMey and change it to AsuCaga. Or changing from Asumey to AsuCaga. Or Athrun finding a new girl. Its not really good to be a Nomad.

I guess both of them will still be together.But it my be harder for them to stay together. But you can't help but wonder what will happen to Meyrin.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

aestalitz gave me this links with an ionterview with Morosawa about the relationships of both AsuCaga and AsuMey and that she "hints" that both AsuCaga and AsuMey are most likely "official":
http://community.livejournal.com/asucaga/156077.html

Here are also the Final Plus figurines coming out in July in Japan...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/newrule/figurines/hgif5_1.jpg

I will not take anysides because AsuMey is a good couple in my opinion, especially if AsuCaga doesn't werk out. I'm not saying I don't support Asucaga because I actually do support that, but it looks kinda grim for the two but who knows?

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

People always say the OVA showed AsuMey at the end. But still, how can two people in the same picture be a couple? When Athrun is at the same picture with Lacus, are they a couple? And as for AsuCaga, they were in the same picture but the evidence didn't quite make me believe. So AsuCaga and AsuMey were both arent qualify because I am a person who needed more than 10 evidence to believe. Of course I loved AsuCaga before this, because in Seed they show many evidence, but then it went fade in Destiny. And came a slight evidence of AsuMey. Both arent good enough if the evidence arent true.

If there is a thrid season, Fukuda might do a couple and break them halfway. As I say, Fukuda is a 'Nomad'.

After reading Morosawa's latest interview, my first reaction was: WHAT?! What kind of crap is she spouting again?

Then, I tried to give her benefit of the doubt, that she actually knew what she was doing and saying. So Athrun and Meyrin were together at the end....
After she saved him, begged him to let her stay, became his walking stick...and ... well, followed behind him at the end of the OVA. 4 scenes without much conversation and interaction and they're together? Either she's a damn lousy writer or she really expects readers/viewers to have a good imagination.

Even if i have to accept that this pairing is fixed, how can I swallow this when they're having Athrun and Cagalli paired up in other pictures. One guy and one girl, that's it. Break up one of them. Make up your mind! Stupid Morosawa!

InuYashaspal4ever

InuYashaspal4ever

AsuCaga lover!

UchihaTajiya I would just like to say that there is enough proof that Athrun and Cagalli feel stronger about each other. Look at how many things they have been through togethor, and they've loved each other for like 3 years now. Athrun barely knows Meyrin, and she barely knows him, too. He hasn't stepped forward to Meyrin I've only seen him step forward to Cagalli.

Meyrin is a good girl. I don't hate her, unlike some AsuCaga fans. She hasn't done anything wrong, I just don't like her with Athrun. She's young, she'll find plenty of other men. And let's not foget that Athrun cares deeply about all his friends and Meyrin saved his life so he obviously cares for her as well.

In the Final Plus Athrun ran up to Cagalli and hugged her. Does that not say something to you all? And I also think that Cagalli married Yuna for her Father's sake.

Quote by InuYashaspal4ever And I also think that Cagalli married Yuna for her Father's sake.

I completely disagree with this part. I have seen it as a complete treason not only to the convictions of the former herselve from Seed but also to her father. I don't see her father going for an empty shell or pretty doll that let the other like Yuna decide what to do.

Signature

I agree with Inuyashaspal4ever. in recent Morosawa's interview in GSD Roman Album, all anime mags and also GSD official sites/forums, they kept emphasizing how much Athrun loves Cagalli. and no words said Asucaga has over. Morosowa in April 2006 Animage's Interview even said " Cagalli was really important to Athrun and he wanted to be her support for life. and that will never change. and their love just began (not over) at the end of GSD. "
uhh well isn't it clear enough.. there are still so much hope LEFT for all Asucaga fan here and outhere, don't worry too much guys.. they are still a couple and will be like that forever! :D
Fukuda can't break them! >.<

ps: for me Asumey is too one-sided to be called a couple~ they are more like a normal friend.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Both InuYashaspal4ever and UchihaTaijiya have very good points, which I can c y they conflict. Bearing in mind Fukuda and Morosawa created the character of Cagalli, there is little we can do about the fate of AsuCaga. It only leaves us with possibilities in our imaginations. I for one am glad to say I am an AsuCaga fan because they grew on me in Gundam Seed.

Okay Meyrin didnt go through much with Ahtrun like Cagalli did, but GSD MAY BE a stepping stone for the two if the couple was a possibility. Athrun may care for all of his friends, including Meyrin, but there are times when those caring feelings can turn into deep feelings as time progresses. Also, Morosawa confirmed in an interview that both AsuCag and AsuMey are official pairings in the series.

About the hug, yes it can mean several differnt things, not just that they have feelings there for eah other. It could also mean that Athrun feels sorry that he acted on Gilbert's behalf w/o thinking about Cagalli and wants to apologize to her (taking the infirmary scene into account). For those who don't remember about the infirmary scene, Cagalli wanted to apologize the Athrun, but athrun wanted to apologize instead.

I don't hate Meyrin or the AsuMey pairing. I take those into consideration if AsuCaga doesnt work and gets ruined by Fukuda or Morosawa.

SPOLER SPOILER!

(Just thought I'd warn first)
I don't think anything will happen with Athuran and Cagalli since I've seen a pic of Athrun and his wife and children....she looked like she could have been Meyrin, but it's not confirmed. Guess we'll find out in October with Gundam SeeD Eternity

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

Quote: UchihaTajiya I would just like to say that there is enough proof that Athrun and Cagalli feel stronger about each other. Look at how many things they have been through togethor, and they've loved each other for like 3 years now. Athrun barely knows Meyrin, and she barely knows him, too. He hasn't stepped forward to Meyrin I've only seen him step forward to Cagalli.

... When did I ever say that Athrun and Cagalli didn't feel strongly towards each other? Let me clarify myself, in SEED Athrun and Cagalli are my second favorite pairing (Mwu and Murrue pwns though), but in Destiny I was really disappointed with Cagalli's character. And I was really touched by Meyrin's character, so in Destiny I prefer Meyrin with Athrun, despite the lack of screen time. I like Cagalli in SEED better than Meyrin, but I like Meyrin better than Cagalli in Destiny... so I like both girls equally.

I'm an Athrun Zala fan. <3 He's my fav from SEED and Destiny. I also like him with Lacus, Shinn, Kira, and Yzak. :D

I have still yet to get my hands on Final Plus, so I can't elaborate on what I feel about that. >< But I have seen those new scans and the interviews. =D Cag/Ath/Mey is official, yo. ::does a little dance:: At least Athrun/Meyrin gets something, even if it doesn't turn out that way in the end. I remain tworn in that respect, sooooOOOOooo yeah, all I have to say is that Athrun/whoever better work in the third series and make up for Destiny! ^^

I bet it was all Fukuda's plan, leave us all tormented with a less-than-satisfying sequel, only to come back strong with a the final part! -_- Hahah, I can only hope anyway.

Signature Image

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by DrakenImmortalSPOLER SPOILER!

(Just thought I'd warn first)
I don't think anything will happen with Athuran and Cagalli since I've seen a pic of Athrun and his wife and children....she looked like she could have been Meyrin, but it's not confirmed. Guess we'll find out in October with Gundam SeeD Eternity

Yeah there is a heated debate about the picture you mentioned:

GSD Fans must Read!Especially AsuCaga fan!About Athrun!

Very interesting if u ask me.

I have to agree with hope917. I think Athrun only helped Meyrin out, not more as a friend because if you remember he says "I never even talked to her..." So I don't think he didn't it out of friendship. I think Athrun helped her because Rey was shooting at them. If she stayed she would have been shot.

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

According to Lie74, it made me realise how much mistake in GSD was. They say Morosawa had said that AsuCaga and AsuMey were both official. But but but.... Athrun just knew Meyrin as not a friend, but a teammate in Minerva, Meyrin as the CIC of Minerva. How do he fell for Meyrin when they weren't even friends to begin with. While with Cagalli, Athrun was mad at her. Still, mad and jealousy was confusing. Athrun may be jealous. I can understand its hard to tell Cagalli or even Kira that he was back to Zaft, fighting and he has the right to say it back to Kira, 'Why did you fight?' Just Kira knew his intention is to protect. Athrun only knew he must do something then lying behing Alex's mask. So things with Cagalli was prety bad in shape. And having him mad at Cagalli before he actually forgive her, made me realise when we were angry at someone we actually love that someone. When we hate them, we actually love them more. This is where people made a definition hate is not the opposite of Love. When we felt nothing towards the person, that means no more love or hate or feelings towards that person.

This also made me realise the characters has no feelings but only some crew of men's creation's feelings is there. [+ women]

merged: 04-14-2006 ~ 09:08pm
I also find it hard to believe in Luna's character. If Shinn likes Luna suddenly was actually wrong. I thot Shinn already liked Luna in the first place just Luna always flirt with Athrun. The Luna suddenly go for Shinn after he actually just killed her sister was the WTH part. Thats the other mistake. Third is why in the opening they always show that Rey was connected to Neo [I know they are connected due to the NewType thing] but still they had never met and that ends just like that. Another mistake. Third mistake is how can Neo Lornoke the bad guy be a good guy in just like what? Seconds?

I know this is an AsuCaga thread but I just wanted to write it all out here. Many changements made with the story and that made em seems like everything was stuffed in. Just hope if there was the next series, timing must be correct. Not slow and no rush.

metalex2forge

candy_dulce

I'm an asucaga fan and i think that asucaga will go on like one ending of GSD life goes on and I think athrun and cagalli's lifes will go on together !

ASUCAGA FOREVER AND EVER!

oh and with meyrin I think that sha will be with the guy of the minerva whitch has the hair red in front of his head (or other guy)becose he reactioned strange when all the people of the minerva knows that athrun died with meyrin!

I also think that fukuda ruined with GSD all GS done

It totally agree with metalex2forge i think the song life goes on represent athrun and cagalli realationship because it does sound like something cagalli would say to athrun but thats my opinion Asucaga forver and etenallity

tat Fukuda is trying to do some changes to test the audiences' reaction to the series. Well, i guess he has done a great job on it(MY HEAD) stupid idiot Fukuda ASUCAGA 4ever n nothing is gonna change it

page 3 of 13 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Next » 303 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.