Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime theme song... Prefer dubbing or Original? - Minitokyo

Anime theme song... Prefer dubbing or Original?

page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next » 295 total items

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

I hate it if an anime theme song being dubb. It sucks! Don't you agree?

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

Absolutely. I've never liked an English version of a theme song originally done in Japanese (definitely not over the Japanese version). Well, there is the rare occurence when the Japanese singer themselves did it in English, but then liking it depends on their accent when singing in English (ie Engrish).

I don`t know why people like the dubs, it`s so bad it`s nearly scary.
I MUST have the orginal, otherwise I usully don`t listen to it.

I also prefer the original japanese versions. Mainly because it was meant to be sung in that language and not some other language. I mean if they wanted that, they could just feature foreign artists to do the themes (i.e. Texhnolyze OP, which is Guardian Angel from Juno Reactor).
And dubbed theme songs usually also have different music which kinda ruins the atmosphere of the original one.

merrisusa

Scanner

merrisusa

I would have to agree. The original Japanese versions are almost always better then the English dub versions. I don't know what it is but the dub versions always sound so cheesy.

Boko

Chocobo Class S

If it is shown on TV I'd prefer te original version....on DVD why not original + dubbed version?

I like japanese versions. But it`s good to hear the version in your language and fun too. For example, some inuyasha songs are very cool in english and spanish. And slayers in spanish is cool too. The only thing i donĀ“t like is the change of sense in the lyrics and problems singing.

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

well, not always, for example: DB and all the sagas has dubb songs, and i like them very much, more than the original; there's also the songs of Digimon (the 3 sagas i saw) i enjoy the themes in dubb.

but i dont know, becuz if i hear the song first in dubb than the original i probably enjoy the dubb instead of the original, its relative...

cuidense!:D

original rocks. who wants to listen to a hindi ABBA song? I sure have before and it SUCKED.

dubs sucks . . . japanese ver is alwas better ex freckles . . . yeah

There are very, VERY few dubs that actually sound enough decent for me to stand watching and listening to it, but again...they are so little...

In english I have found none, but in spanish (latin america) the only ones were the dubs for Slayers OP, and Shaman King, that's it.

Another vote for the originals!

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

However, they dubbed some anime soundtracks into Indonesian version here. Some of them are not bad, though.
Some others? Terrible!
I agree. It'll be better if the soundtrack sung in its original version. It'll fit better in ears too.

atog

atog

Anime atog freak

come on this is a one sided question, its always the original that is better. I really hate it when they dub it, most of the time (if not always) it sucks.

yukiichan

yukiichan

..xnekox..

i prefer the original version of an anime theme songs ... they sound nicer ... and most of the time the english or what ever language it is dubbed in doesn't really make sense ... ^^;;

yuki-chan | KLAC | AsuCaga | KiraxLacus

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Original! ^^. I cant take the dubbed versions >_<. Sometimes dubbed is good, but thats pretty rare. But mostly I have to hear the original.

But if its DVD, its nice to have original and dubbed, just like Boko said. You can always laugh when they are talking XD

Signature Image

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

O! I love the original the most! It's way better because without the original there wouldn't be a dubbed now would there.

Resxyle

~Rexsyle~

I prefer it in Japanese...Eng dubs don't even sound half as good as the original ones. haha...

it matters, but normally the origianl because in english they can not get the same quality singer as they do in japanese

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

yup yup
i don't like dub version, even if it nice still sounds somekind weird though ^^

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

I prefer Original...the dub version sound crappy XD , though there a few exception

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

EldaLacus92

EldaLacus92

Elda^Lacus

Yup I definitely agree with you that dubbed absolutely sucks! They sound so unoriginal and 'yuck'! So definitely original ;)

Because we are we and nobody else. For who we are we live for it.

I prefer the Original. Everytime they dub a english, it sounds either gay or just random.

so far, I like the origina better, but I believe in giving the english dubs a chance. Hey, after all, they're pratically the same songs sung by different people using a different language, the basic structure of the music is the same. Who can say if you'll like the voice of the dubber better than the original?

I've never liked dubs. Original is the best. Unless of course the dubs are done nicely although I've never come across any that are nice.

page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next » 295 total items

Back to OSTs & AMVs | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.