Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Destiny is worse than SEED? - Minitokyo

Destiny is worse than SEED?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 184 total items

I don't really think that DESTINY is worse, but I like SEED better.
First because, it all started with SEED.
Second, my favorite character is in SEED.
Third, there is more romance in SEED than in DESTINY.

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

merged: 12-24-2008 ~ 09:49am

merged: 12-24-2008 ~ 09:49am
I think both of them are petty good. I prefer Gundam seed destiny over Gundam seed destiny. About Asucaga getting more scenes in the GSDSE's I own three of the Tv movies on DVD an seen it 3 or 4 times in japanese. The is none, There is two extra Scenes with Athrun and Meyrin tough one Sence Meyrin coming to Athrun's room during the time the Eternal was getting attacked and them at the Plants. With Kira, and the dom pilots, and about some Asumey sences bring cut they also cut some Mwu/NeoXMurrue Ramuis seances, It mostly the Events of GSD from Athrun's pov and less on romance. I loved they but some extra ShinnXLunamaria and KiraXLacus sences though which makes me happy!

Anyway The moblie suit Gundam Skrike Freedom, Infinte Justice and the Destiny and the Legend Kick butt!

My top 3 favorite girls are in there too like Meyrin,Lacus,Lunamaria.

Don't flame me please!

toumarie

toumarie

.:.:Princess:.:.

@deathknelld : I prefer Gundam seed destiny over Gundam seed destiny.
Hehehe...I don't get it ^_^''

Nah, won't flame you...Had to be more mature now, it's all depend to the creator ^__^
About the char, I like both series
About Mecha, I like both series
About the songs, I like both series

The one that I don't like from GSD is the storyline, well, as I've written about it in my previous posts ^_^
Thanks for your reply here in my thread ^_^

Signature
Member of The-Princess-Of-Orb
Member of The-Red-Knight
Member of Asucaga-Fanworks

Unfortunately destiny is worse than seed. They just mismanaged it. It had the capacity to b great but they just didnt do it very well.

toumarie

toumarie

Indeed! XD

Signature
Member of The-Red-Knight

Definetly, Destiny sucks!

@toumarie I you are the mature type I respect that unlike some your asucaga fan base.
also just to clear things up I meant to stay I like Gundam seed over Gundam seed destiny. I
Your'e welcome it seemed interesting.

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

i'm not a real big fan of either. and it's a fact that stories are recycled. but the plot in destiny was exactly like in seed. just different characters. 3 gundams were stolen in the beginning. impulse looks similar to strike with the same exact capabilities. the main character's first girlfriend dies. blah blah blah. and i'm still not clear on who the main character is in destiny. is it shinn? or is it kira?

Imizzar

Imizzar~

I prefered SEED over destiny. In destiny, everything was just too perfect... I myself didnt think it was all that bad... but the storyline couldve been better. Personally, I quite like Kira. But he's just a little bit too powerful for my taste. Gotta love how freedom got pwned by shin's impulse tho XD but that was just an excuse to give Kira an even better machine.~

toumarie

toumarie

@oudorobou : whoaa...I'm surprised to see you here ^^
about the main char in GSD, is it Shinn or Kira? Hmmm...I think Shinn at first then Kira... ^_^''
@deathknelld : umm thanks for your comment about me but I have to admit I was not like that at first hehehehe....

^^

Signature
Member of The-Red-Knight

@ tourmine your welcome

oudorobou; it was SUPPOSED to be Shinn originally. However, they made the mistake that Zeta/ZZ Gundam managed NOT to do when they did it. They brought back (some of) the main characters from the previous series and tried to have them play some active role to support the main cast.

However, SEED Destiny ended up making the mistake of pretty much supplanting the original main characters WITH the reintroduced main characters from the previous series. (Besides Athrun since, like Char/Quattro in Zeta, he's one of the returning "main" characters.) If that wasn't bad enough, their actions only WORSENED a lot of the situations with each little "intervention" of theirs.

Zeta Gundam managed to keep those characters in a pretty large role overall and making them important to move the story along, but still kept them BEHIND the new main cast of characters; they didn't have Amuro suddenly taking control of a better Gundam than the Zeta and owning everything while going against Char again while Kamille was thrown to the sidelines. (They saved that for Char's Counterattack =P lol ).

toumarie

toumarie

Seems both SEED and GSD took story from the classic Gundam (sorry, I dunno how to call it, I'm not gundam fans so....)

In GSD, in the middle of story seems that Shin became the antagonist char haha.. while Kira took the hero's role ^_^''
then too bad for GSD ne? It should be a promising story but ended up not like we've expected T_T

Signature
Member of The-Red-Knight

Both SEED and SEED Destiny is O_o, which mean that in the end- they are all the same ..

We all have different views on this series some us liked it and some us hated. Heck if all We liked our hated it. This thread would be beoring cause really threads with the people agreeing are beoring. I Loved both series I own all of both Gundam seed and Gundam seed destiny on DVD I seen em' both over thousand times.

Well, alternate universe Gundam series' have usually been much more "super robot" oriented given how each Gundam is super-powerful in their own way. Usually among, if not the most powerful of all Mobile Suit weaponry anywhere, even when the standard Mass Production MS improve 2-3+ times. It's not so much story as it is flashy battles, lots of explosions, and cool-looking MS. (Only exception would be Turn A since we never see it, or Turn X, at 100% power.)

If you want more "realism" (and/or character development, plot, etc) while still keeping with good designs and battles and all, then the Universal Century is the one for you.

At least Gundam 00 has moved a lot closer to more "balanced" battles lately...at least after the others got the GN Drives and such. Otherwise, if they hadn't, the Gundams would still be owning everyone almost effortlessly, mostly.

Seed Destiny is worse than Seed? That's like asking if the Return of Jafar is worse than Aladdin. <.<

@HalfDemonInuyasha I like when Gundams other moblie suit effortlessy one the reasons I Love gundam wing and Gundam 00.
@toumarie Can you change the theard to like Which one is better seed or destiny and add a poll while your at so people can vote which one is better just to make this thread more interesting just an Idea.

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

if you want realism, then 08th ms team is the most realistic by far in my opinion. the gundams are mass produced. not invincible. act like real troops. carrying equipment. being wary of ammo consumption. battle tactics. blah blah blah. although, the drama kinda killed it but i think it's the best gundam series so far.

ABSOLUTELY HATE DESTINY! All you see in Destiny is people either dying, screaming, or crying
They keep talking about past events no current events
Every episodes is like deja vu of SEED
And AthrunxCagalli are breaking apart
Cagalli is way too weak in DESTINY and Athrun is always hesitating

On the other side... KIRAxLACUS ALL THE WAY AND THEY KICK BUTT IN DESTINY!

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

heheh. i'm in these kindsa threads, not just religion. i've seen n still see a lotta anime in my off time. and im' most definitely a gundam fan. one of the best mech series beside evangelion n robotech/macross.

toumarie

toumarie

@oudorobou : Haha.... As for me, I'm not really gundam fan...I've watched gundam since SEED ^^

@deathknelld : how I can change the thread just as you've suggested? I dunno how and will it start all over again or can it be a continuation from this one/the old thread?

Signature
Member of The-Red-Knight

@toumarie you got a point there. Oh well lets just leave as is.

Quote by oudorobouif you want realism, then 08th ms team is the most realistic by far in my opinion. the gundams are mass produced. not invincible. act like real troops. carrying equipment. being wary of ammo consumption. battle tactics. blah blah blah. although, the drama kinda killed it but i think it's the best gundam series so far.

Actually, they're technically not "mass" produced Gundams, but rather Limited Production given there's only 20 or so units made and never any more and all of those are only made out of spare parts left over from the Project V for the RX-78-2. After they're (and the Ground Combat GMs) are built and deployed, the Federation moves focus onto the normal RGM-79 GM mass production. (And variations.)

Anyways, all of UC is pretty much like that to some degree. Though we never really see real "mass" production of an actual Gundam until Victory Gundam where they have the Gun-EZ and the Gunblaster which are both pretty much Victory Gundams minus the Core Block and Minovsky Flight Systems. Otherwise, all we really see are either limited production (like the Ground Combat Gundam or the F91 in Crossbone Gundam) or dumbed down mass production MS using data taken from said prototype Gundams like the GM, GM II, GM III, Jegan, Heavygun, Jamesgun, Javelin, etc.

Of course, unlike most alternate universe series', these mass production MS are hardly anything to scoff at and actually put up decent battles quite a bit of the time.

At least if the times aren't moved ahead of them like how F91 is over 10 years after the Heavygun was deployed (UC 0109) and 30 years since the Jegan (early 0090s), or Victory was 30 years after the Jamesgun and Javelin (UC 0119 and 0122), which easily explains their horrid performance compared to the modern MS produced by the enemy at the time.

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 184 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.