Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 This world, 50 years later - Minitokyo

This world, 50 years later

Can this world be better?

Yes, of course!
59 votes
No
33 votes
I don't care
14 votes
Can't really tell...
50 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 132 total items

Looking at the people now, the cultural revolution is advancing at a quick pace. The people is starting to forget their country's unique culture and living in a "globalized community". The technology also advancing quickly. We can built things that is impossible in the past.

If this continue, 50 years later we might have a world without any diffrenences, and all of the diffrences will be a pure history, which will eventually be forgotten. looking at the good side, maybe we can cure AIDS or Ebola, or built things to help people in need.

This is just my opinion, though. Good bye, now...

pentsive

pentsive

Rawr

I can't really tell at this point of time. There are too many unknown variables but it can get better. I think that there will be diversity still among ethnic groups but there will be more interracial marriages, just slightly. The population, i'm assuming, will be very high since human life expectancy is high with medicine so population might be in overdrive.

Cures for diseases... um... i don't think there will be a cure for AIDS for a while. That virus is so hard to stop with it's ever changing nature so that might take a little more than 50. Other diseases is possible in fifty since that's a damn long time.

I also think there might be an petroleum crisis but i heard we have enough to last us another hundred year or so.

Who knows though, it's just all assumptions X-P

Down it Down!

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

I can't really tell but I think the world might be a little bit different. Who knows? XD I think there might be a cure for AIDS later on....

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

I think you'll find many things will still stay the same (at a fundamental level) 50 years on. Technologies will undoubtedly progress but culture, on the other hand, will remain a unique thing to people of different races & background.

well if this is the case, i might as well move to Japan now and fullfill one of my various fantacies-Marryin an underage miko schoolgirl.

I dont think the worl will have 1 globalized culture. I think countires will embrace their culture while embracing others. Culture is the basis of civlization

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

cultures can be pressed down but not destroyed. that's what i think. 50 years after? Global weather will change. shorelines will be much higher, cooling process might be happening and scientists are trying to well.. do something ^^;
petroleum will be long gone and maybe automobiles are running on elctricity or substitute comsumptions.. space travel will be more difficult since the absence to petroleum, which fuels jet engines.. food and water are problems too... but then, scientists might have found a way to solve all those..

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

Can't really tell what will happen in 50 years from now. But, I hope nothing bad will occurs that day.

You Get Hand-Gestured!

aouieLAN

+= subZero dragonZ =+

my thoughts on ... :nerd:

50 years from now -_-

... 3rd world countries would still probably be developing rapidly. after 75yrs all euros.. are one and under one leader.. BUT after two possible wars .. the middle east wll close its doors on the west .. ... ASia will be separated between techno wise up AND

culturally powerful down..

sickness is wipedout :o (almost.. after a long battle) and AIDs will be almost cured.. but a new mutaion of it will appear in the east again.. and nuke missiles will be the problem of almost every country..

petroleum... will be almost drained after 55 years...

all this ' could ' happen bacause of global warming. .. humans will realize the meaning of the ' inner beings'

----------------------

just guesses and hunches.. from my head.. :sweat:

i have no intention of offending anyone.. if i unknowingly did.. i am truly sorry..

... :x

KOROU1234

KOROU1234

NICE TO MEET U.

I think, after 50 yrs it would be like going into the past again accept in the field of technology. I mean in the fields like fashion. They will have a hairstyle resembling to that of the early ages. Their would be slight modifications in the human body stucture. About petroleum, I guess human kind will totally depend on the sugarcane , biogas or any other fuels. The animals and trees will replace the monuments in the museum(not totally). Cyborgs will come into existace. (Oh my God. I guess I could write a book on this topic!) (*_*;). Instead of going on a trip to the places on the Earth we might be visiting different planets. Aids and cancer will be almost cured. But one question that remains is that even in the next thousand years the problem of pollution or terrorism will be sorght out or not. I guess not. People will come to know about the creation of the Earth and many new more interesting facts. I guess the illegal clonong might be the most comman crime then. The countries will try o preserve their culture and also to adopt the cultures of other coutries would be taken into consideration.

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

yeah it's gona be better cuz i have a feeling it's gonna go bac to the way things were in the stone ages...after the fuel is done and electricity fades away...no cars no light nothing...so things would be out of order and well...people will have to live simple again

merged: 10-06-2006 ~ 05:22pm
simple is good...

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

All we are going to know is that it'll be interesting. Technology and all that jazz will get pretty advanced. World issues on the other hand is a big question mark.

Hope for the best.

Learning little by little.
Signature

honestly, 50 years wont make that much of a difference, we'll all be older, but that's obvious
considering that the world is about 4.6 billion years old, 50 years is not even a speck in that timespan

In 50 years based on our current consumption I can safely say that the Earth will be in a worse shape than it is today. With rising standards of living and an ever increasing dependence on natural resources we will depleting the earth. In addition, rise of industrializing cities will add to the destruction of the ozone and the pollution of the atmosphere. A dwindling supply of fertile land will lead to a shortage of crops for consumption. As living standards rise, so will the demand for material goods, which will further deplete resources. Currently the U.S. is the biggest consumer of natural resources using about 70% of the world's daily fossil fuels, grains, etc. However, with rising countries like India and China with a population that dwarfs the U.S. the strain on resources will be even greater.

If you look at the world's resources as a pie and the world's population as people eating the pie, we can see that not everyone has an equal share. In order for us to eat more (improve our standards of living) we must take from others. In conclusion, the gap between poor countries and rich countries will widen dramatically over the next half-century with developing nations like China and India leading in consumption along with the U.S. and European nations.

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

there won't be advancements in the next hundred years...we're gonna run out of fuel and petrol...really i think that we're gonne slowly go back to the stone ages, thank the lord i won't be living at the time...hahaha

Signature Image

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I don't think the differences between religions/cultures/races/etc... will fall all that easily or quickly. However the vast amount of information that is now beginning to penetrate even what have up to now been closed societies is having an effect of bring others points of view into the picture.
I personally believe (and I hope I am right) that we will not completely lose all the cultures that make up our world. That would be a d#$% shame and a great loss. People need to learn about where they come from and the phrase "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" really rings true in this sort of environment.
I'd like to think the world will have improved alot in the next 50 or so years.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Unless some asteroid hasn't already wiped the life from earth, the resource wars will definately end the lives of many of us.

I think in 50 years time, a lot can happen... maybe not A LOT when you're looking at the entire history of Earth or the entire history of humans but... in relation to current issues etc. I can say that many cultures many disappear, of course economic, living standards, many of that will have a high probability of changing like China, India becoming very significant figures in the international community... maybe in the future aliens will come. Population-wise, I think it'll continue to grow to over 3 times the population currently, which is over 20 billion

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

My question is whether we'd survive that long. At the rate of our energy consumption we'd probably run out of energy in 4-6 years unless we'd find a way to do a stable fusion. (Nuclear power is gonna cause too much pollution or waste too). That's only assuming we don't blow ourselves up. 50 years later if it ever comes, I doubt this world will even be livable because of the atmospheric conditions.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

50 years later... more less communication between human-human.. country that has good handle will moving better and that is not will be worse than before..
something like that. there are better, and some worse.
but do you believe in evolution?
if you do.. (i hear it from my friend) don't you think human is changing from the last? long long ago, human like homosapiens.. big body and little brain (compare with people now). many people more smart and use their brain more than musle. And do you think, many times from now.. it looks like, we'll be like aliens. where our brain (head) bigger than body :p
but it just imagine hahah.
beside, if it will happen, it wont be at 50 years later :p

interesting

will be worst...
all diferences around the world and wars...
until god's hand gives justice im with my life and i think, i could die to 27 years old (2 years of life for me) i will not see that!

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

i would say simple...which is a good thing since there will not be much technology due to the exhaust of petrol and energy...and that means no weapons other than the spears of the old stone ages...which is also bad...when you think about it, even then there were many wars and barbarians...sigh...well then i guess the worls will never change, just the sort of luxuries, but life is life...

Signature Image

as long as we are humans this world will not get better (except the science/technology/knowledge ...etc) ...because our humanity as a whole has flaws
we are humans ...and humans are not perfect nor they will ever be close to it

We are starting to know more and more about less and less.

if we do cure AIDS and Ebola even tomorrow there will allways be something else that will come up next ...nothing stays still ...everything changes

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

I think the world will be beter in fifty years. If you look at reacent advances in technology and sicence you wouls see that cell phones have shrunk in the past 26 years.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 132 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.