Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 First Anime To Show Your Kids? - Minitokyo

First Anime To Show Your Kids?

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 114 total items

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

Today, my friend and I was watching anime at his house when this question rose in our heads: "What would the first anime that you would show your kids?"

IF you had kids and you would like to them to get into anime, at the age where they can read and understand the meaning of words and sentences (Around age 5-10) What would the first appropriate anime you let him/her watch?

(If there has been a thread about this, that is still use for posting - Please delete this one.)

So, if I had a daughter/s I'd let her watch one of these: Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailormoon, Initial D. =P

If I had a son/s: Naruto, Get Backers, Initial D.

Hmmm, interesting...

For me,
Son = Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai 7

Daughter = Cardcaptors, Naruto, ummm... possibly Love Hina so she can bash boys who touch her :P

Then as they get older I would introduce them to the more mature stuff like Grenadier, Shuffle!, Death Note, My HiME, etc...

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Hmm, if I had kids, most definitely, I would show them Gantz.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

well, depends on what age they're at. I doubt you'd wanna show your 5-6 yr old stuff like FMA or Samurai 7, I mean there's quite a bit of violence (and some adult humour) in there... but then again, Disney has lots of hidden messages and is rather violent too..

But aside from the violence, there may be parts of those aforementioned series that your kid wouldn't get or appreciate due to their lack of maturity and understanding of the world, but I suppose they could just enjoy the aesthetics of it (aside from the bloody violence >.< )

I'd probably wanna start my kid off with something tamer, like CCS, Pita-Ten, DNAngel, Full Moon, Princess Tutu, or something magical for girls, for boys, I dunno, something with more action (I can't think of examples right now x_x), but not too violent or bloody or gorey.

On a side note, anyone seen Panda-Z? It is the most random thing you'll ever encounter! And it's pretty kid-friendly too.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

For really young kids I'd start with Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, Card Captor Sakura, and Spirited Away.
For older kids, I'd go with Naruto, Love Hina, Full Metal Alchemist, El Hazard, etc....

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Bee69

Bee69

Bee-GFX

Pokemon! lol :) i watched that when i was 6

DORAEMON! It was my childhood anime. ^_^
And Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service are good.

Oh, and Panda-Z is AWESOMENESS! I even have a panda-z plushie!

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

ONE PIECE! definitely and if its a girl hmmmm, not really sure.

NoirTrue

NoirTrue

The Soldats are in the shadows

I would say DBZ and Naruto even tho the first anime I saw was Akira when I was 7 or 8

Stupid adult that doesn't know how to grow up--Naota

I'd show my kids the first anime I saw when I was a kid. Neon Genesis Evangelion. At age 7. O_o

kazahana

kazahana

IDW spartan no 3

Depends... Depends...
If it's a boy : Initial D and Mahou Sensei Negima!
If it's a girl....?.. I dunno LOL!

behold the power of AWD!!!
Signature
Member of Abyss-of-the-Sea
Wings-Lovers

Pseudocode

Pseudocode

cout << "hai!"; // :)

Mao-Chan is definitely a fitting title for kids at that age.

I find that most people who are fairly new to anime dont appreciate the older classics so I'd start with those.

Both=Nausica of the Wind, Sailor Moon, DB, DBZ, and all 3 seasons of Slayers.

I would definitely start with Studio Ghibli, such as Totoro, Kiki's Delivery service or Laputa

First : Card Captor Sakura ^^ Newt is Princess Tutu & Sailormoon !

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

Masaru-San

Masaru-San

Mayor of Hardcoretown.

I probably wouldn't force anime on my kids, I'd let them decide for themselves. If had to force it on them, I'd show my kid(s) something childish of course...can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned. As they grow, they'd probably be more interested in the newer stuff, although I can only imagine that anime 5 years from now will suck a whole lot, as that's been the trend.

Take a look toward the sky, Halvdane. We shall fill the air with spears to turn black this christian sun.

if hes a guy he would definitely love yu yu hakusho! maybe ill let him watch anime like chobits too... hm... o.o
for a girl... most probably some romance anime like ai yori aoshi XD

I'd probably show my son Naruto or Dokuro, and my daughter something like Rizelmine

K1R31

K1R31

Pretty!

Hm...I agree with Masaru-San. I wouldn't force anime to my kid. But if must ( ^_^;;) then I'll show my son the law of ueki, naruto and to my daughter kino no tabi, rozen maiden...hmm something educating off course...

I started out with DBZ, though my parents didn't necessarily "show" it to me, I just started watching it. I'd probably let my kids watch w/e they want also lol.

Signature

Hmm...I think I'd like to show them some of my starter animes yet some other good and newer ones as well. XD The ones I started with of course don't have all the amazing animation

If I had a girl...I'd probably start her off with Sailor Moon, Magic Knights Rayearth and probably DNAngel :D XD and probably CCS to. XD Happiness! I just started watching this and it's uuber cute.
If I had a boy....well I think he'd get Gundam Wing, most likely DBZ, and I think Heat Guy J but I don't know...o_O perhaps when they're at least 13.

Of course if they really like it I'll get them more into other great stuff

If i had a daughter :Card Captor Sakura
If i had a son: One Piece

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Firstly, I'm not going to differentiate between what I'm going to show my son or my daughter. Its not up to me to choose their preference. Its up to them. If I had a daughter who liked Bleach or a son who liked Card Captor Sakura, I'd be more than happy to show it to them. However, to introduce them to anime, I'd probably show them something like Spirited Away.

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Son: Full Metal Panic!

Daughter: Kiddy Grade.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 114 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.