Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 American Music VS. Japanese Music - Minitokyo

American Music VS. Japanese Music

American Music VS. Japanese Music

American Music
50 votes
Japanese Music
126 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 223 total items

Thought it might be interesting to see what people prefer. Personally I myself prefer American Music.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Personally, it really depends on the kind of mood in which I am. For example, I'll wake up, and maybe be in the mood for Yoko Kanno, or have an urge to listen to some Moody Blues, or perhaps Green Day, Creedence Clearwater Revival, or Utada Hikaru (I rather like the live version of her singing "Fly Me To The Moon" on Youtube). Heck, I'll jump from The Rolling Stones to listening to a marathon of Trigun music, to music with a more amusing edge. It all depends on what I feel like in that moment. Interesting subject, in my opinion.
Take care,
~"TreaGirl".

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I prefer Japanese music, probably for one of the oddest reasons you can imagine. For years I enjoyed hardcore rap. Not sure why, but I did. But after a while I got tired of it because all it talked about was the same stuff over and over again. Then when I heard the dreadful song "What" by Noriega, where the chorus is the word what over and over again, I gave up entirely. I still enjoy old school hip hop where it was just about rhyming words of having fun, but that's as far as it goes.

But right as I was falling out of rap, I got into anime. The anime led to the music and the music spoke to me. Why? Because I have no idea what they are saying. They are saying whatever the hell I want them to say. That's why I won't learn Japanese, if I do I worry that I'll find out they are just talking about the same thing over and over again too. At least this way, it's a catchy tune with nice flow and great voices, nothing more. Weird eh?

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Gotta go with American music on this one.

I prefer Japanese music, mainly because the American music I used to listen to got a bit tiring to me, and a lot of the songs around love or just an extremely catchy beat. As for the Japanese music I listen to, in addition to nice beats, the meaning behind the songs after I read them, it was quite likable compared to the American songs. But then again I may be biased as well. I agree with shoujoboy about not having an idea of what they're saying is also quite a charm of it. So Japanese music for me xD

Really depends on the mood. There's good stuff from both sides.
But I mostly listen to British music. Unintentionally, it just worked out that way. lol.
I will say this though. Japan has better rap/pop music imo.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

I like Japanese music more. I guess its part because i watch a lot of anime and usually get into the op/end. Then i download all the songs of gendou.com. The other reason is i heard Dir en Grey play Merciless Cult on the radio (yea weird it was on american radio, something to do with the family values tour i think) and It was a couple of years until i heard them again until i got into college and got acess to some high speed internet...

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Hm, I'm going to have to go with Japanese music. I like both, and some of my favourite songs are in English, but the majority of my songs are Japanese. What I like most about Japanese songs are the meanings. You can listen to a rock song or a rap song in Japanese, then read the lyrics and find out the song actually has a good message. Where as so many of the popular English songs today talk about violence, drugs, and all those type of things as if it's "cool". And don't get me started on all the songs that just talk about how sexy some random girl is; those ones drive me crazy. Anyways, I haven't found a Japanese song with such a meaning yet (although I'm sure they exist).
One of the other things is the crazy side of Japanese songs--sometimes they have a lot of fun with their music. When a song like Motteke Sailor Fuku from Lucky Star can win best anime song of the year it just shows what I mean XD
Anyways, nothing against American music, there are good and bad in both languages; Japanese is just my preference.

Signature

chubbykitty

chubbykitty

LEADING THE CAT ARMY

I love both english and japanese music, but japanese music has definitely won my heart over.

Nowadays I find myself listening to much more japanese music. Maybe around 4 years ago I used to listen to a lot of english rock bands and as the years went by, more and more japanese music has been opened up to me. I probably have around 20% of english songs while the 80% is japanese.

Not just the fact that it's the language but also just japanese composers. I have a lot more japanese composers than I do english ones. I also have a lot more japanese pop songs than english (I can't stand english pop, sorry). I also can't stand rap, but some japanese rap songs are tolerable.

But don't get me wrong, I still enjoy english music such as the classical rock arists, Enya, and a handful of others. But I'd have to say Japanese music is what I'd have to choose if I had to pick one ;D

Wait... I just realized. Do video game soundtracks count towards Japanese music? Because then I have a lot... I was thinking more along mainstream stuff when I answered. lol.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

No video game soundtracks don't count.

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

I like both >_<

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

MiMi

MiMi

~*Luka Megurine*~

I'm with Japanese music! (i mean, every music you can find on my Ipod is purely japanese XD )

Signature Image
Owner of: cafe-tb vocaloid2 hetalia-axis-powers sunrise-fans //join - celestial-luminessewings-lovers anime-fans-united

ucup

ucup

thape deh......

an american music is good on beat music but not too interesting on slow/pop music
but japanesse music are good on pop/slow music because they put many kind of jnstrumental to enrich the music

Most mainstream music in Japan seems to be more rock/pop. Japan doesn't really have the music I like...well there are a few bands...but at the end of the day I'd go with American music because there is a larger selection of my genre and the Japanese bands in the genre I listen to sing (scream) in English anyways. :hmpf:

Japanese music is dripping with win. Some bands, particularly Mono, have profoundly changed my life. I also listen to a great deal of American music of course but none of it tops my love for the stuff Japan dishes out.

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

definitely american music. there are little to slim metal bands in japan that are worth mentioning.

Japanese song are the best.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

What about European music? I'm very disappointed that they're not even up for consideration.

I think japanese song are the best from the other song, i think :p

XeFear

May the goddess blesses you.

>.<
The best for me are japanese songs

GoddessxKatana

GoddessxKatana

Devious Beauty

American music is about the lyrics and hot beats (Mostly the beats). Not much I can say on this, same crap different version of songs and stuff.

Japanese music is about so much beats in harmony..Basically they use different types of way to use beats and all. They just have a colorful way of doing it. The singing is always out there, strong voices and full of life. They aren't afraid to try new and crazy things (Have you seen most singers videos? lol).

Although I don't listen to J-Pop and such, I do prefer it over American music, only in the sense of pop and all. May sound a bit random what Ijust posted, but I recently woke up (lol).

Signature Image

I guess all that people can say about Japanese music that it has good pop and game music and nothing eles. No other genres............. :(
Just wow.

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Quote by NorthyWhat about European music? I'm very disappointed that they're not even up for consideration.

But of course... the Beatles, Queen, Mika...

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 223 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.