Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you prefer a short or long series? - Minitokyo

Do you prefer a short or long series?

This thread is full. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, you are allowed to make a new thread about it.

page 4 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

shorter mainly to avoid dragging a story out and filler arcs etc. And I feel like shorter series tend to have higher quality animation as well... more thought goes into each episode because each episode is necessary to further the story in some way.

Moderate

merged: 01-19-2009 ~ 04:39pm
From 24- 52

Hikari87

Hikari87

...~rabu rabu TeniPuri/Myu~...

Guess still depends on the story. Like RK or gundam, and even Code Geass / Ouran I would prefer long XD But some usually, school theme genre, I prefer short.

::*.~'*':: + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + ::'*'~.*::

around 50 eps... so long as a series stays interesting, it can go on as long as it wants.

hmmm...it depends on the mood im in. Or how good the story line is or if it drags me into it. Otherwise..around 20 eps is good for short and around 30/40 eps would be for long ep's. But fillers do get boring after awhile with the same exact plot. *sighs*

I'm just watching a dream that I never wake up from.

i like short anime series.. but i don't mind watching longer ones.. except for naruto, bleach and one piece.. i'd like to watch them from the start but i think i'm already too late..

It really depends on the story.
One Piece is over 300 episodes and 500 chapters, and it's kicking MORE ass than when it first started. Then there's series like Furi Kuri that consists of 6 episodes which too, kicks ass. It's when series drag it out or continue when there's nothing more to continue that annoy me.

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

Depending on what kind of story it is and how well it is executed.

I usually prefer watching shorter animes (and reading the longer ones via manga). However, some short animes are completely incapable of performing a good story in the short amount of episodes that they're given and usually end in a cliffhanger or a really, really bad ending. (Inuyasha is one example, though it had a ton of episodes.)
Some short animes are actually pretty nice, and I always marvel at those that are able to put out a good, well-developed storyline in only thirteen episodes. (Some examples are Crystal Blaze (thirteen episodes), Baccano! (sixteen episodes), Yume Tsukai (twelve episodes), and Kino no Tabi (thirteen episodes))

I think, currently, the maximum amount of episodes I'll watch in one season of anime is 26. (Though there are exceptions, like Saiunkoku Monogatari.)

kyubichan

kyubichan

Mobile Blackhole

I like closure, so I like short series with a definite ending; or at least, the main themes within that series should have been resolved. For example, the GitS anime series. It goes on and on, but not too long, and the main plot within each arc is usually resolved.

Poor tachikomas~ D=

Because yes!

I like short series more but sometimes i injoy the long ones because they can keep me intertained

i like short cuz long one i always forget to watch it

I like the short ones, depends on the story and plot as well, but over 50 eps for me the series begins to lost its quality and then comes the 'fillers' and the series become boring like Naruto, one piece, bleach... But even so, I really liked D.gray man xD

I like ones that are 13 to 24 eps ones...
That way it doesn't take too long to finish

The thing about long animes (like 100+ eps) is that there's like a 'parallel storyline' to the main storyline (if you know what I mean).

i like animes that have about 30 eps or so. not too long so i can complete it, but not incredibly short either ^^. animes like naruto are definitely too long for me. besides, it seems like the longer the anime gets, the worse it becomes... like the fillers in naruto.

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

I definitely am more likely to watch series that are in the neighborhood of 13 episodes. I get tired of storylines easily if they're not that compelling. However, I recognize that some stories are better told with more episodes. A good example would be Kanon: the first incarnation was 13 episodes or so, and while many thought it was excellent at the time, I was unimpressed. Everyone agrees, however, that the second, 26-episode version blew the first one out of the water.

So..I guess it depends on the series. One thing I will certainly avoid, however, is never-ending series like Naruto and the like. It's impossible to keep the quality up for that long, and they usually end up having a stupid, unfulfilling ending.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

kitsunesama

kitsunesama

Kensei

I'm a fan of anime series that are 13-26 episodes long since they rarely divert the story. 50 episodes is also okay. I do not like long series since almost all titles resort to fillers when the anime catches up to the manga.

Not too short, maybe 11 to 15 episodes is okay

AniFre101

AniFre101

waits patiently

Well, I like both kinds. Doesn't matter as long as the plot is awesome.

Ultimately depends on the plot, but I prefer shorter ones. My range is from 13 to 30+ (the + depends on the plot).

Altador1234

Altador1234

Private Eye

Well... It depends on the story... But mostly, short ones makes me wish it was longer... And sometimes, long stories are kinda boring...

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

these days I like em short and to the point, the only long series that I took patiance to watch was Yu-Gi-Oh. I've seen others when I was younger but its like I like ta watch stuff more short these days because then I lose track and can't keep up /heh

meh sig banners are overrated

Short, because stuff happens every episode. Take DBZ as an example, each fight is filled with talk and distractions and BLARGH. Same goes to Naruto.
Watch something like Code Geass. 50 episodes with both seasons, stuff happens every episode and the characters learn and evolve.

It depends on the storyline,if the anime is really nice to watch,then no matter how long the serie is,I would still love to watch it.On the other hand short anime series are also good as the story is fast.

As long as they can keep the story going and it still be interesting I'll say long, but I don't want a series to keep going when it's all gotten resolved, I like a quality ending better than a drag on forever kinda thing.

page 4 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.