Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT-Maigetsu: Issue No. 38 FINAL ISSUE - Minitokyo

MT-Maigetsu: Issue No. 38 FINAL ISSUE

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Mt-Maigetsu

Administrator

Mt-Maigetsu

Fillling you in on the latest.

Mt-Maigetsu: Issue No 38
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/Alenas/MTMaismpl.png
This month's banner was made by hayashinomura and Alenas.

CONTENTS

A/ What's New in Minitokyo:
Final installment!
B/ MTM: A Retrospective
It's so hard to say goodbye...
C/Mai-chan's Mail bag!
Birthday wishes!
D/Member Comics
Hayashin and Mai-chan return!
E/ The MT Planet
Join us for the final adventure of The Sheqel and his companions!
F/Mod Life
Mai-chan loves Cy~
G/ Hoo's Tips
De-fragmenting your hard drive
H/ Play That Funky Music!
Korean waaaaaave~
I/ Anime Spotlight
It's Fate that this prequel shines!
J/ Get to Know Your MT Staff!
Get to know our newest Elite!
K/ Staff Picks
Artwork that deserves more love!
L/Competitions and Projects
Are you missing out on the fun? Join in :D
M/ Group Ads
Looking for a new group to join, or to make new friends?
N/ Have your say!
Mai-chan loves to feel loved!
O/ The Usual Stuff
The enlightening links to Minitokyo Zen-dom...
------

A/ RECENTLY IN MINITOKYO...
By fireflywishes

Hola, minna-san! firefly here with some sad news. This will be the FINAL issue of MTM as I am stepping down as Editor. I've really enjoyed my time here trying to make each issue both interesting and informative, but real life calls and unfortunately I no longer have the massive amount of free time to devote to publishing the MTM. ;_;

I've been a part of the MTM since it's inception back in 2007 (Can you believe it's been 5 years?) and took over Editor duties with MapleRose in 2009. It's been an amazing time here and I thank those of you who read and enjoyed each issue. Be sure to read more in the Retrospective later on in this issue.

In the meantime... on to the news!

Promotions and Retirements
+Promotions+
snickerdoodleninja
We warmly welcome our resident cookie ninja to the Mod Team! She will be tackling reviews and helping out in the Forums! Please be sure to stop by her guestbook and spam her with congratulations!

pandemonium91
We are so proud to welcome pandemonium91 to the Elite Staff! She will be helping with tags, forums, walls... basically wherever she is needed. Be sure to stop by her guestbook and congratulate her!

+Retirement+
cyanideblizzard
Okay, he SAYS he's serious about it this time, so we'll have to take his word for it. For appropriately sappy goodbye post, please refer to MTM Issue #36.

------

B/ MTM: A RETROSPECTIVE

Neeeeeeee, Mai-chan here! Since it's our last issue I've brought back some of my friends from issues past to chat about our time here at MT! Minna-san please welcome back Popular-chan, DeviantIchigo69, and Twinklebell!

*wild applause*

Mai-chan: Since not everyone knows you guys, can you please introduce yourself and what your role was in MTM?
Popular-chan: Hi, I'm Popular-chan! I joined Minitokyo waaaaaaay back in 2007. I was such a noob back then! I kept making all of these mistakes...which ended up with me being banned! ;_;. Thank you to the Mods for making a special exception and letting me back for this interview!
fireflywishes: Wait, wait, wait. How did Pop-chan get unbanned? *pause* Well, I guess it IS the last issue, so I'll let it slide just this once~
Mai-chan: *sweatdrop* Well, it looks like some uninvited, er, extra-special guests may pop into our discussion... ahaha. Anyways, continuing on with the introductions!
Twinklebell: Hi! I'm Twinklebell...
DeviantIchigo69: ...and I'm DeviantIchigo69.
Twinklebell: We joined the MTM family a few years after Pop-chan did. I was really excited to join the site and DeviantIchigo was the first person to welcome me! Then the two of us started chatting in the Shoutbox and got to meet even more people!
---
Mai-chan: I'm sure our readers are suuuuper curious about what happened between you two after the final installment of As The Shoutbox Refreshes...
DeviantIchigo69: That's a pretty good question... I'm actually wondering that myself...
Twinklebell:...the world kind of faded to black since we went on hiatus. I wonder if Honeymoonkiss kidnapped the writers?
Mai-chan: Ahahah... *nervous laughter* and on that note...Pop-chan! What have you been up to after you *sob sob* got banned?
Popular-chan: After I finally gave up creating multiple accounts (man those moderators are smart), for a while, I lurked on MT. I couldn't download anything, but I can still see the thumbnails, and I'd download those, haha. And even though I got banned, I still read every issue of the MTM! (I just couldn't post any comments on any of them... ;_;).
---
Mai-chan: What were some of your favorite sections of the MTM (besides your own of course!)
Popular-chan: I like the Staff Picks section, it directed me to the best wallpapers that I sometimes missed. I also like the anime spotlight, since it helped me find new series to watch.
Twinklebell: My favorite section would the the "Day in the Life" sections because even regular members (like me!) could participate in that section!
fireflywishes: I really enjoyed the Member Comics (including Cy's "Mod Life"). From hayashinomura's "The Adventures of Mai-chan", to TheCompiler's "MT Vessels", to the assorted one-shots, I really enjoyed these sections for our resident MT artists to showcase their artistic talents, as well as their sense of humor.
DeviantIchigo69: Personally, I liked "Play That Funky Music". I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to and that section gave a really good variety of stuff to try out. I miss the recommendations by bromithia though-- our musical tastes were really similar.
---
Mai-chan: What was your best memory of the MTM?
Popular-chan: Probably sharing my story with MT to make sure that they won't make the same mistakes I made. Looking back, I was such a noob back then XD
Mai-chan: Mai- chan's favorite memory was the Valentine's Day Special Confession Event! It was sooooo sweet to hear everyone's messages of love and see their artwork!
Popular-chan:*mumbles* I'm jealous, I wish I had messages of love to me....
*MapleRose materializes in one of the chairs*
DeviantIchigo69: WHOA! I guess even Retired Mods have special powers...
MapleRose: My best memory of the MTM was writing the Popular-chan articles, and seeing how much people enjoyed reading them. I also liked writing the fake news articles for the April 2010 issue (No. 23), and making up the anime Ai to Bouken no Hoshi no Naka de with Firefly. Going back and reading it, I can't believe how awesome and cliche we made it sound, and part of me wished it was real, haha.
fireflywishes OMG, yesssss. Ai to Bouken would have been an AMAZING anime... You know who's missing from this conversation? CyanideBlizzard. *waves magic wand and Cy appears*
CyanideBlizzard : *blinks*What? How? I don't even....
DeviantIchigo69: *to Cy* ...best memory, dude.
CyanideBlizzard: On it! My best memory was coming back to MT and being able to be a part of MTM. I had missed the inception of MTM, and thus missed a lot of the earlier things, but as soon as I returned I read through everything. I especially enjoyed being able to learn more about the staff, and wanted to do what I could to be a part of it. I'm deeply honored that my Mod Life series was able to make it into the series.
---
Mai-chan: What are you going to miss the most about the MTM?
Popular-chan: I'll miss lurking around reading it. Since I was banned, I couldn't really follow what's new around MT, so the news section was helpful to keep me up to date.
Twinklebell: Me too! I really enjoyed having all of the new news in one spot... and since I don't know as many people on the site it was one of the only ways for me to find out about promotions and retirements!
CyanideBlizzard: Deviant, I bet you're going to miss all the attention you got from As the Shoutbox Refeshes, aren't you?
DeviantIchigo69: ...Maybe just a little.
CyanideBlizzard: You know...there's still time, since this is the last issue and all.
DeviantIchigo69: I'll think about it...
fireflywishes: I'm really going to miss compiling each issue. It was so much fun seeing how the issue came together as each section came in and anticipating how the readers would react. ^_^
Popular-chan: But in the comments on last month's issue the members--
*DeviantIchigo69 and Twinklebell both tackle Popular-chan*
Both: *hiss* Don't mention the last issue!
*firefly's eye twitches and a bead of sweat drops down Popular-chan's forehead*
Mai-chan: Ahahaa... and on that happy note, we'll end the retrospective. Mai-chan hopes you have enjoyed reading the MT-Maigetsu and hopes that even though she won't be publishing them anymore that you all will still remember her and post in her guestbook!

------
Written by fireflywishes, with help from MapleRose and CyanideBlizzard.
------

C/ MAI-CHAN'S MAIL BAG!

Quote by TheCompilerI'm sorry I forgot to wish you on 1st of July.. T__T
As a gift, I'll try to make a wallpaper for you(i hope it'll be ready at least by your next birthday) ^^"
So a belated- HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY!(though it's her 5th birthday, mai chan is already 20 ne? :o)
Thanks for all the awesome MTM issues till now.
Enjoy~ ^^

Compiler-san you are TOOOOOO sweet! Mai-chan is so happy that you remembered her birthday! *squee* Thank you for the birthday wishes and the future wallpaper! Even though Mai-chan won't be able to feature it in an issue of MTM, she will make sure to fav and comment on it when you finish! <3 <3 <3

------

D/ MEMBER COMICS
By hayashinomura

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36643416/AMinitokyoMoment/maichan.jpg

------

E/ THE MT PLANET
Written by alenas, SolenmSerpent, and SnickerdoodleNinja.

Disclaimer: This story is a way of re-interpreting concepts already present in Doctor Who. This story is for fun and sharing but obviously not for profit.

What if we told you that Sheqel wasn't just the administrator of Minitokyo, but he was actually another being from a far off part of the universe?
That he went on fantastic adventures for many years, until he finally decided to settle down and create a community called Minitokyo?
With his sonic keyboard and mouse, he maintains swift and stern justice against bugs and glitches to maintain the balance and harmony of MInitokyo.

-----
Conveniently Snatched Narrator: As usual, we begin with a peaceful day at MT, and everyone’s least favorite mod Trevor is having a little nap while the birds are singing and the flowers are in full bloom and the sun is shining and…my goodness, who wrote this stupidly campy intro?

Snicker: Hey! *cries*
Alenas: *pats on the back* It’s okay, Snickers…we’ll make these sassy characters pay. I mean this IS the last story after all…so they don’t have to be alive for sequels!
Sol: Satan Pit, Satan Pit~ 
Snicker: *snickers*

Ginger: Trevor! Treeeevor! TREVOR! WAKE UP!
Trevor: *startles awake and wipes drool off his face* Gaah! Huh? Ginger? What’s wrong?
Ginger: It’s terrible! The writers say this is the last issue! And WE STILL HAVE TWO SECTIONS OF MINITOKYO TO COVER!
Trevor: Oh noes! Well then, let’s just cover Scanadia and Review City in one go then! *grabs (read: steals) TARDIS*
The Sheqel: ...hmm, my TARDIS stealing senses are tingling again...

*The two arrive in Review City, where roads are paved with words and no pictures can be found*
Ginger: What is this place? Where are the pictures? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ!
Trevor: Wait, but weren’t you fine in the forum sections? Oh, never mind, I don’t even want to know…
*To save time, a shady person clad in black drops down from the ceiling*
Shady Person: Can I help you?
Ginger: W-what is that?
Trevor: I believe you mean WHO is that? Sheesh, so rude…anyways, that would be a dear review mod of ours. Their name is----
*Shady Mod chokes Trevor with a riceball*
Trevor: *gurgles*
Shady: My name must not be mentioned! Otherwise my cover would be ruined! Seriously, there’s a reason that I hang from ceilings and hide in shadows and stuff.
Ginger: You mean like Naruto?
Shady Mod: *stares* No.
Trevor: *coughs* Blech. If you’re done choking me, can we cut to the chase? We need you to give us some review rules and tips for this noob member here. Ginger’s her name.
Ginger: I’m not a-
Shady: Ah, I get it. Well, obviously, only submit your own work. The last plagiarist ended up with more than a small rice ball shoved down their throat. And you do NOT mess with rice balls. Also, don’t be absurdly biased, don't use offensive language, and certainly don’t use spoilers! You don’t want to be that guy that everyone comes at with pitchforks because he reveals that you-know-who dies in Harry Potter. Get it? Got it? Good.

*Shady disappears in a cloud of smoke*

Ginger: Well that was…informative. And that DID look like a Shadow Clone! 
Trevor: ....Uh, right. Well, now that we’ve been here all of thirty seconds, let’s be going. To Scanadia!

*A poor old rickety TARDIS takes them to Scanadia, where a friendly woman begins to greet them*

Trevor: Oh look, a Scan Mod! Look, I’m really sorry, but we’re pressed for time and space (no pun intended) so I really don’t care what your name is or how many cats you have. Just give us the rules!
Officially Offended Scan Mod: Fine, be that way, useless Trevor. Alright, here goes. *takes a deep breath* Don’t try to enlarge your scans, because trust me, we WILL notice. Second, look out for those nasty jpeg artifacts and overall quality issues. Third, check to make sure the same scan as yours hasn’t already been submitted in higher quality. Most of all, do not submit works from Pixiv! If you do we’ll send you to our shady ninja friend so that you can be choked by giant rice balls.
Ginger: I KNEW they were from Naruto! 
Trevor: Yeah, thanks! It’s been nice seeing you, but we gotta run…
Scan mod: Already? No time for a dangerous adventure?
Trevor: Nope! Gotta get the TARDIS back before The Sheqel notices it’s missing.
Scan Mod: Still stealing the TARDIS, I see. Poor Sheqel, the things he has to go through...

*The two step back into the TARDIS, but as they get off they notice pandemonium within MT*

Ginger: Huh? What’s going on? Why is everyone running around like a chicken with its head cut off?
Random members: It’s awful, it’s absolutely dreadful! SOMEBODY, SAVE US!
Trevor: Now calm down little ladies, and tell us what seems to be the matter.
Random Member numero uno: You mean you haven’t noticed? No one’s getting notifications anymore, and whenever you try to post something, you’re met with a databaser error! It’s like a MT apocalypse! THE WORLD IS ENDING!
Trevor: How horrific! However, I’m sure if we wait awhi-

*A massive swarm of bugs flies with a vengeance towards our heroes*

Trevor: *squeals like a little girl* Eeep!
Ginger: RUN, TREVOR!

*The two begin to run away, only to find the Satan Pit right behind them, glowing, well...satanically*

Ginger: Trevor, what do we do? We’re stuck between a swarm of bugs and a Satan Pit!
Trevor: Okay, don’t panic. Ginger, do you remember when you once asked me what exactly I did as a moderator?
Ginger: Right. Everyone else seems useful except you, so-
Trevor: Hush! Anyways, you’re about to find out.
*Trevor begins to glow, lighting up epically until-*
Trevor: SHEQEL! HEEEEEEEEELP!

*The Sheqel appears out of thin air*

The Sheqel: ...you shrieked, milord?
Ginger: Wait a minute, what? What kind of nonsense was that?
Trevor: You see, I have the special ability to call The Sheqel. He then solves my problems for me.
The Sheqel: “Special ability" my behind. More like I just get sick of listening to you whine. Besides, the bugs are all your fault! If you hadn’t been giving the TARDIS whiplash by hopping around everywhere….Oh, nevermind. Guess I’d better finish this.

*The Sheqel pulls out his sonic keyboard and mouse and vanquishes the bugs! There are fireworks and everyone rejoices.*

Ginger: Woooooow! He’s cool.
Trevor: You bet! Nice to see that the bugs are gone…as is the Satan Pit.
The Sheqel: Also, I’ll be taking this with me.

*The Sheqel grabs TARDIS and disappears into thin air*

CSN: And thus the people of MT Planet rejoiced over the greatness of The Sheqel while Trevor and Ginger had many adventures not documented here and lived happily ever after. Or, at least, until the end of this article. Somewhere else in the universe, however…

Snicker: Seriously, Sheqel?! Why did you save those buffoons? And just when it was about to get fun! *huffs*
Alenas: We put the Satan Pit there for a reason, you know! When there’s not a sequel, there’s no reason to keep them around.
Sol: My Satan Pit dream....down the toilet.... *sniffles*
The Sheqel: I know I know. I'm too nice for my own good. *sulks in the emo corner* 

THE END.

------

F/ MOD LIFE

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36643416/MODLIFEWATUP.jpg

------

G/ HOO'S TIPS
Written by Hooyaah

Hoo's tip #2122: De-fragmenting Your Hard Drive

Taking care of your PC or laptop is crucial in order for it to work as fast and dependably as possible. How would you react if you went to a library and the books were stacked here and there and many were on the shelves in the wrong locations? You would doubtlessly have a more difficult time locating a particular volume and it would take much longer to do so than usual. De-fragmenting your computer is similar to having a librarian organize the library properly. When you employ Windows De-fragmenter (other de-fragmentation tools are available) the files on your computer's "C" drive are better organized so that files can be located more quickly and the computer works smoothly and more reliably. If you use your computer frequently I suggest de-fragmenting it at the end of each day.
------

H/ PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC!
Brought to you this month by Aiira!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/49/T-araDayByDay.jpg
Artist: T-Ara
Album: Day by Day [2012]
Label: Core Contents Media

T-Ara is one of the rising names in the world of K-POP. Not only did they make a name for themselves in South Korea for their ever changing concept, but Japan has taken interest in them for their un-usual songs which varies from the usual K-POP to the jiggly timely POP. (Check out Roly-Poly & Lovey-Dovey). They are also only the group known to make 20-minute drama music videos has been noted to make different versions of their music videos with different beats.

T-Ara started out as a 6-member girl group from a good standing company. It wasn’t until the release of their head turning single titled I’m Going Crazy Because Of You that the group gained some publicity and a few fans. In December 2010, the group announced the addition of new member named Ryu HwaYoung the group then received a few criticism as it was rumored they we’re going to try and be Girls Generation. The group continued their success throughout 2011 and went on a 6-month hiatus until mid-June that the group announced their comeback and a new member once again. It was this time that their fan club verbally refused another member. Another surprise was that it wasn’t only one member but two, which makes them a 9-member girl group. Though the 8th member joined them in their July comeback, the 9th member will join them sometime in the end of the year. Though more and more groups try to come up to the same level as Girls Generation this is by far the most successful group with the same number of members as Girls Generation.

The recently released their new mini-album that fans has been receiving positively due to the once again different concept. First, let’s start with their title track Day by Day. It starts out with HwaYoung’s rapping and followed by JiYeon’s soft and calming voice. Though the song received a load of positive comments, the dance routine is another story. Fans and followers alike we’re disappointed as T-ARA is known as one of K-POP’s best dancers out there. It was apparent that the dance routine for Day by Day was a softer and more lady-like version of their main dance point from their 2010 single I Go Because of You. The next song is a ballad titled Don’t Leave that takes the group’s funky yet sexy image that the group has portrayed over the past year. Though many have questioned the group’s concept this year it’s apparent that they are going through the Lady-Like concept.

You can check out the songs that have been mentioned in this review here:
I Go Crazy Because Of You
Roly-Poly
Lovey-Dovey
Don’t Leave (Live Version)
Day By Day (Live Version)

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/aiira/SUPER-JUNIOR-Sexy-Free-Single.jpg
Artist: Super Junior
Album: Sexy, Free & Single [2012]
Label: SM Entertainment

Before I begin, let’s all point out something K-POP is lacking these days. We all probably know that K-POP groups have good songs that makes you follow them as soon as you hear their songs, but let’s face it of all the idol groups in the Korean Industry today, it’s hard to pin point each group’s strong point. This is where SUPER JUNIOR comes in.

Their latest album titled SEXY, FREE & SINGLE is a good album, but not their best. As far as I am concerned their best album to date is SORRY, SORRY which broke millions of record for a good reason. After their 2009 hit release, their following albums we’re a bit disappointing as it seems they are trying to gain the same reaction from their 2009 album.

Let’s begin with their lead song with the same title as their album. The song has a good intro and bridge, but the chorus is hard to grasp. I mean with these lyrics Sexy, Free & Single I’m ready to bingo? Bingo? Shouldn’t it be Mingle? Maybe they changed it up for a little difference, but in a song, the chorus should be strong enough to grab everyone’s attention even people who have not listen to K-POP or have never heard of K-POP should pay a bit of attention to the song itself. Other than the lacking, chorus the music video is pretty decent, though why only focus on the popular members and not the ones who need more media attention. The other songs on their album are really good which I will give review to a few of them.

Next song is titled From U which is a song dedicated to their fan club named E.L.F . It’s a good song, but the beginning seems like a ripped off version of their family song titled Dear My Family but nevertheless it’s a good standalone song. The beginning is also a bit biased don’t you think? With these lyrics This song is dedicated to the world’s biggest fan club, E.L.F, my girls, my angels a good beginning but last time I checked it was The Beliebers but if you take only the K-POP it would make sense that it’s E.L.F, what bothers me the most is the line my girls, my angels I know a lot of guys who like Super Junior. The song is good, but it’s too biased for my taste.

I can’t really say anything that will separate this album from their past releases other than they have amazing ballad songs. The only difference I noticed from this released is that they have more ballad songs on this album rather than having more dance songs. It’s a bit of a turn-around, but it proves the group have the vocals to support their dance moves. You can be the judge if you want, but for me this album is lacking a lot of things.

You can check out their songs here:
Super Junior: Sexy, Free & Single
Super Junior: From U

-----

I/ ANIME SPOTLIGHT
Written by srsn.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/srsn/Fate-zero.jpg
Taking place 10 years before the events of Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero details the events of the 4th Holy Grail war wherein 7 magi summons 7 heroic spirit to compete to obtain the Holy Grail which can grant any wish.

Fate/Zero is pretty much similar to Fate/Stay Night with its base story revolving around the holy grail war. What sets it apart is that Fate/Zero has a darker plot, more character development and a high degree of plot twists - meaning it surpassed its predecessor in any possible angle you can think of. The battle scenes are planned out carefully and reflects each of their goals, wishes and motivations. They also engaged in their inner conflicts within themselves. 

Another notable factor of Fate/Zero is its lineup of characters. Its characters consists of middle-aged class, and it's rare seeing middle-aged/older class of people in an action packed anime.This show just proves it that even middle/older class of character lineup can be quite entertaining.

The main protagonist, Emiya Kiritsugu, isn't your typical hero that is cool/bishounen-type, someone who is perfect at anything or someone with "special" abilities. If I were to describe him, it'd be that he is a very unique type of character. I must say he is portrayed very realistically - very human like in the sense that his way of thinking and set of beliefs is very different. The way he perceives the term "hero" is also twisted, but at the same time, reflects the harsh reality of achieving a dream.

For the antagonist, there is no real, main antagonist that wrecks havoc all over the place or someone who is all evil (well except for Caster and Ryuunosuke). The reason is because all of them have each of their own reasons and beliefs that are sensible in their own way.

Fate/Zero also has a very nice lineup of OST. From OP and ED down to BGM, they are all top notch.

Fate/Zero is truly a masterpiece of this season. Its thrill, action and detail is incomparable to anime out there. This is an anime that one certainly won't forget.

------

J/ GET TO KNOW YOUR MT STAFF
This month we bring you an interview with darthas!
This month's interview was conducted by SnickerdoodleNinja via PM.

--------------
+What section of MT do you work with most?
Flame Section. (Actually I'm not in-charge of anything, can't say forum since I reply like a normal member.)

+What are some forum guidelines members need reminding of?
If I really did have to remind people, it'll probably be that 'even if everyone has their own opinion, just to keep in mind, agree to disagree.' to avoid incoming banhammers. or banspatulas if Firefly's chasing you.

+Favorite thing about MT?
People mostly, and the things they say. The people make up the website, so most of the likes stem from them. Can't quite get the day moving without visiting the community here.

+Where does your username come from?
Yea I can't really remember that, I made this name when I was 11 years old. Was digging through some old novels and books my mother kept on her bookshelf and put my name together when I skipped the middle word and read the first and last word.. Sounds pretty unbelievable for an 11 year old right? Then Star Wars came out and I became Darth Ass. I'll always hate Lucas for that.

+If you could change one thing about MT, what would it be?
Spam section, for the forum mostly. Unfortunately having a section full of spam and areas that allow spam allow certain people to come into the forum. Lack of spam section means lack of amount of people, since only so many can engaged in game-playing conversations on the Off-topic section or anything part thereof for the other sections. Mods need to work harder though, and Cyanide needs the exercise anyway. But that's about it.

+What…is your quest?
- To destroy anything with a billboard chest. Oh yes..

+What…is your favorite color?
Velvet, extremely nice dark purple, can't get any better than that. I won't color my keyboard velvet though, or my desktop.. those remain black.

+If it were up to you, how would our national budget be spent?
Frankly idk, this country has been messed up so much that it's beyond recovery. People adapt to whatever you want to do anyway, so any change I make won't benefit at all but people can still be happy. Last I recall America had an extremely low literacy rate, would do something with all that money on education for one thing.

+If all of the moderators (minus Sheqel) got into a deathmatch, who would win and why?
Cyanide. Unless you're confident about stopping a guy 15 times your size with anything short of a bulldozer, and even then the bulldozer won't work. But Sheq always wins anyway even if he doesn't participate, can't win over a guy who lets out gas as loud as thunder.

+What’s the deal with Stonehenge?
I built it, obviously. People just don't know I stayed there since I didn't scribble my name all over my desk in the middle of all those walls surrounding it like most grade schoolers do. Nice place to study though, might renovate and tear the house down and get myself a swimming pool instead.

+Anything else you want to add?
Just ask me for my msn already Snicks. lol

-----

K/ STAFF PICKS

Gate of Darkness - Teatime by Tsunoh
Gate of Darkness - Teatime by Tsunoh
Tsu shows a great amount of evolution in terms of both style and presentation. Not only that, but also a firmer grip on an overall style and bringing more lifelike characteristic to the characters. Great work, Tsu!

chosen by CyanideBlizzard

Red by DarthTofu
Red by DarthTofu
"Vibrant outlines and subtle use of gradients really make this vector stand out from the rest. It's especially commendable that Tofu decided to stick with the black outlines to balance the warm tones of the vector"

chosen by Fran

Heroism by Serated
Heroism by Serated

I can see a lot of attention to detail here, most notably along the middle, the yellow flare. Serated has given much of Sabre's attitude into it's picture since while looking at it, reminds me about many things that Sabre is, most notably heroic.

chosen by darthas

Fran is a Celebrity by filo05
Fran is a Celebrity by filo05
"No lies detected on this wallpaper. Bold typography, great sense of design and lovely colours. This is a sassy wallpaper that will grace your desktop t b h. Plus it's Fran, which makes it 100x times better"

chosen by Fran

Let's be friends by kmylla
Let's be friends by kmylla

Stylish, bright and above all, incredibly cute; Kmylla has really made Sawako shine in this wallpaper of hers. Great job!

chosen by Alenas

Love for a Vampire by elisadevelon
Love for a Vampire by elisadevelon
"Why is this a great wallpaper? well simply because elisadevelon injected a new style to the Vampire Knight gallery. Elisadevelon completely transformed the original scan (manga-styled) and made it her own, major kudos to her for this!"

chosen by Fran

-----
Do you know of an item you think deserves more love? You can actually PM Mai-chan about it! Include the gallery item and a short reason why you think it's great. If Mai-chan also thumbs up, we'll feature it next issue! Just don't nominate your own gallery items X-P Cheeky cheeky!

------

L/ COMPETITIONS AND PROJECTS
in alphabetical order

------

M/ GROUP ADS

++Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook!++

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/make-your-best.gif - Do you like competition? Do you want to improve your walls? This is the right group for you! :D

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/minitokyo-review.gif - Like to write? Want to find new ways to participate in Minitokyo? Drop by Minitokyo-Review and learn more about the Reviews section of MT, and meet the people who make it fun.

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/userpageskindesigns.gif - This group consists of MTers who love making userpages and want to display them, and enjoy making others for MT'ers who cannot :) We are looking for volunteers who wish to help out making userpage skins.

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/doujinshi-support-club.gif - Do you draw with pen, pencil, crayons, tablet or other media? Do you want to improve your skills or share your own talents with other people? Or do you just plain love doujinshi? Then this group is for you!

http://static.minitokyo.net/groups/vectory.gif - Love vectoring? Then, join this group! It features high-quality wallpapers and vectors, as well as tutorials for you to learn.

------

N/ HAVE YOUR SAY!

Want to see your group advertised, we now request you send in your group as well as a short summary of it's purpose or current highlights. This will of course become far more useful that an icon alone. Also if you feel there is a group or a member worthy of nomination in the MTM again please PM it. Questions, comments, whatever, simply PM the MTM with the subject MYVOICE.

Remember the MTM is determined by you! ^^

Below are banners: featured member, featured group, a MTM writer and I <3 MTM banner (free for use by everyone).
Feel free to use these banners anywhere you want- signature, group page, userpage or even personal blog/ site! Please click them to get the hosting link.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5404/featmemberuv5.gif http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3351/featgroupum8.gif http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5015/writeryo3.gif http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4294/mtmlovekz7.gif

------

O/ THE USUAL STUFF
All about the Mt-Maigetsu: requests, ads and features --> To know how to advertise and nominate your group or member you would like to see on the MTM!
The Policy --> A must read!
The Userguide --> For day to day living!
Forum guidelines --> Keeping it clean!
Common problems and their solutions --> Got you covered!

Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

Links compiled by LittleJonny100

==--== ==--==

(c) Mt-Maigetsu 2012; any part of the Mt-Maigetsu or in its entirety cannot be reproduced in other publications without prior permission from the author(s). If you wish to share the Mt-Maigetsu, simply share the url- thank you.

Signature
	Image(The Policy) A must read! (The Userguide) For day to day living!
(Forum guidelines) Keeping it clean! (Common problems and their solutions) Got you covered!
Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Again, thanks to all of the MTM Staff (past AND present) for all of your time and effort in order to get this final issue out on time.

Minna-san-- I hope that you enjoy it!

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

By far one of the strongest issues to date. It was awesome seeing some familiar faces come back, and more importantly the sheer amount of variety in it.

Nice that Fate/Zero is getting more love too, since it deserves it. Haya's comic was absolutely hilarious as well, and I'm really going to miss reading MT-Planet.

I'll definitely miss MTM, but I think there's something bittersweet about it ending on this kind of note. Fantastic work, Mai-chan!

Signature Image

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Last issue.... ;-;

I want to thank everybody who put time and effort into the issues, I've been reading (almost) every issue since I discovered MTM, and I've enjoyed every one :o

MT really is dependent on the people, so thank you everyone who put their time into making MTM as awesome as it was!

This was a fantastic last issue, and won't soon be forgotten by this member ^^

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

ToshiroBurrito

ToshiroBurrito

Muffin-chan's return!!!! X3

WHAT? ITS THE LAST ISSUE? :O Aww :( :( We'll miss MTM :( :(

"Standing up for yourself is important, Standing up for others is more important, but Standing with others is most important." - Disney
"Life without happiness is not a life at all." - Toshiroburrito (Personal Quote)
Join our group now:
zero-and-ciel-fangirls

OMG Stop it Mai chan! I'm not that sweet >///<
I really wanted to make another mt vessel, but couldn't think of anything >__>

'Though it's sad that this is the last issue, but it is one of the best MTM issue. Good job mai chan! ^^
The april '10 issue mentioned in the retrospective was really so awesome! x3
And even The Mod Life was really very funny, the way Cy thinks that Mai chan is working hard on mtm xD
And Hooyaah's tip is really useful, i might search for a defragmenter now :o

Oh and congratulations to pandemonium and snickerdoodleninja ^^
I always knew that pandemonium will get elited some day :)

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

sobs sobs sobs, feels like the end of an era.

Hopefully someday we can pick this up! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

lol I love Hayashin's comic.

I remember when Mai-chan was first born, and although I took a bit of a hiatus a few years ago it's pretty awesome to go back and read all the past issues and see the MT community evolve :D I hope Mai-chan will still be here in a few years, and maybe someone else will take over as editor. Thanks for all the hard work Mai-chan and the staff (and Firefly the editor =D)

chubbykitty

chubbykitty

LEADING THE CAT ARMY

Being a member since 2004, I've seen each phase of mt and its developments. You guys really have come a long way with this site and I hope it not only grows but flourishes in the future.

Congrats to the newest members of the mt crew. Please take care of mt!

Firefly, we'll miss you, trust me. I really appreciate the fact you helped promote the indy art section so much (besides all the other work you've done!) I hope you real life is successful and full of adventures :)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

farewell mt news, it's been fun

congrats to all the new promotions, I hope you work to make mt a better place

a big salute to you CyanideBlizzard, grand salutations to you for your multiple years of service to minitokyo. I to, enjoyed my time I spent here as an elite I just wish I would have gotten accolades in the zine for the time I spent helping support the site as well.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by angelxxuan

a big salute to you CyanideBlizzard, grand salutations to you for your multiple years of service to minitokyo. I to, enjoyed my time I spent here as an elite I just wish I would have gotten accolades in the zine for the time I spent helping support the site as well.

Weren't you congradulated for your time and service on your userpage? ; )

Though seriously, elite members who retire have never been featured in MTM for retiring. Perhaps if MTM gets established in the future, this could be changed?

Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

that would be nice, and maybe in the future a color could be placed for retired elite? it would be interesting. we got no power, but just to show the "old" members and the "new" members that we were once elite to begin with? just an idea after all :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by Mt-MaigetsuThis month's interview was conducted by SnickerdoodleNinja via PM.

Maybe if she gave me her msn I could video call her and she could record the sarcasm.

I like the interview. Best person ever.
Did anyone else laugh when you read the line 'K so he says he's serious about it this time' next to Cyanide's dumb looking moustache picture? I did.
Poker face on cover of his Mod Life comic, lol
Best issue since the start of issues, leaving with a bang, confetti, credits and all that kind of swag. +1 to everyone who worked on it, too bad though Firefly, your name is still up there on being 'just that awesome editor person'. In light of that I'll name you, 'that editor guy'.
So what's Mai going to do now? I have a vacant room in my house and don't ask for much payment.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

windyroller

windyroller

Certified Chocoholic

D: It's... ending.... Nuuuuuuuu! MTM has been one of the reasons I still pop back on... But life calls, I know. Thank you so much for your hard work, firefly!

Smile; it makes people wonder what you're up to.

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Well this is sad news :( Great job Firefly!
The comics were hilarious xD

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

orange-lisa

orange-lisa

Mina Color Art

Can't believe this is the final issue, I've grown fond to Mai-chan... Thanks to everybody who have contributed to bring us every issue in this past 5 years, hope Mai-chan will come back sooner or later..

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Nyah, this is so sad! The MTM was one of the things I really looked for every month. My favorite part was the Interview part, it was nice reading other's thoughts. :D
I will really miss Mai-chan, hope it'll be picked up again someday~ ˆ-ˆ

and sorry for missing your b-day, Mai-chan~! >_<"

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

T^T this is the end im going to miss the MTM

merged: 08-05-2012 ~ 07:30am
this may be a shot in the dark but why can we all find a way to keep the MTM going? so many enjoy it so why cant we figure out a good way to keep the MTM instead of letting it end here

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

I shall commemorate this occasion with a batch of Very Special WAFFLES...Farewell MTM!

P.S.- Maple Syrup will cost $0.65 extra.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Goodbye Mai-chan! ;______;

Hope we can resuscitate you one day.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Awww, I'll miss the Mai-chan issues. :( Even though I don't really post here much anymore, I've been around since its beginning and still read every issue.

Thanks to everyone for your hard work over the years, I hope someone will take it over again someday. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

OH MY! POP CHAN! God i miss her... lol you make me reminisce about the past issues. Mai chan is so fun to read, ii was full of fun, disappointments, rawr talents, awesome peeps awesome arts and so much more.. Really gonna miss you... Wish Misa-chan, candy-chan and all the old mods that help to keep Mai alive were still around :(

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

like i said why cant we all find a way to keep mai-chan and the MTM going and alive?

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by evelluchialike i said why cant we all find a way to keep mai-chan and the MTM going and alive?

Unfortunately, it's about being able to not only find staff that have the time, but also those that are willing to commit and not only cooperate, but also maintain a level of standards.

Sadly, Mai-chan wasn't getting much help these days, so she had to shut things down. Perhaps if you can rally enough supporters and demand for it, MTM could be alive once again!

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.