Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is worse: Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh? - Minitokyo

Which is worse: Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh?

page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next » 209 total items

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

Alrite, at first, I really hate Pokemon. it annoyed the hell out of me. i don't know if the japanese one is the same as the dub, but it's really, really bad. when is it gonna end?! it's been on for 6 or 7 yrs! anyway, i thought pokemon is the only show that annoyed me, but then...Yu-gi-oh came! At first i thought it was slightly better than pokemon, then it became seriously horrible. YGO (dub) is really annoying me..UGH god it's horrible. it's dumb vs dramatic. i just wish my brother would stop watching it... anyhoo, which annoys u the most?

Signature

Alpha

Alpha

DreamMaster

Both are horrible man I don´t know why all cartoon channels pass this Sh.. I think are the worse stuff I´ve never seen before...

Sure, Pokemon is the worst anime ever.... Yu-Gi-Oh is little bit better because there is a story ^^ (not very good but a story)

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Huh. Pokemon now stands in no high position in anime anymore. It used to be good during its first series, that was good. But now for us older anmie fans i.e. ages 15+, will not like Pokemon because it's too kiddy.
As for Yu-Gi-Oh it goes the same, we won't like these anime anymore because they're all based on the concept of Pokemon. I.e. let it be using items, monsters, cards, wheels, tea-pots etc. to fight against your opponent for no good reason.
They're all based on Pokemon, the tournaments, the summoning of pets etc., the experience they gain, the ranting and monitoring of their actions whilst battling against their opponent. It all branched off from Pokemon.
So if you ask me, I don't watch Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. But now, I prefer Pokemon over Yu-Gi-Oh, but only the first series of Pokemon, the rest wasn't any good.

I like Pokemon... even if I'm not a targeted watcher... I mean Pokémon is more for children... and I read Yu-gi-oh... even if it's more due to the fact that one of my relative buys it, I don't think that otherwise I would read it even if there's one manga that he owns - Black Cat - that I don't read.

Signature

I don't really like both. I used to like Pokemon... back in what? Grade 2? Anyways, I'd guess I'd say Yugioh is worse then.

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

I don't like Pokemon but I like Yu Gi Oh especially when the uncensored version is now being release woot woot! I wonder what Kaiba sounds like in Japanese Ooo i can't wait!!

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

hmmm...
none of them are bad o_O I love them both very much..
it's just the dub really messed it up...
sub ish still okay ^o^ pokemon ish the cutest! yuugiou ish cuz of coughscoughs..

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Actually, I think both dubs are okay. :\ Both series are alright, too (for the record, i'm partial to yu-gi-oh! purely because of animation style and how they draw eyes [it's one of the few anime whose art style i consider better than the manga it's based on - just the style XD story-wise, the manga wins]).

Sure, it's sometimes needlessly dramatic, or seemingly endless, but hey. What's wrong with that? If there were no shows for the kiddies, or all were the same length, the anime industry would be a pretty boring place, no? :)

kroocshanc

a curious cat

Pokemon is worse... Yu gi oh actually had kool things in it.. and better characters.. although overall i think Digimon the first season was the best out of those three..

Although i think they all got worse cuz the people dragged the whole series on and on and on.. and so it got worse and worse.. well thats what i think anyway.. a series should know when to end..

dhunter

dhunter

Pantsman to the rescue

I think Yu-gi-oh is better than pokémon since pokémons are... pokémons. I watched the show and tought the game was fun so I began to play it, but the series is so different from the real game.

Signature
Are those... pants on your head???

Oh... I ought to say, though, that both series has sweet monster designs. :) Yugi's cards are very cool, and so are the pokemonsters. XD Very smooth and unique. Especially when compared to, say Duel Masters (*shudder*) and Digimon.

I gotta side with Yu-gi-oh. Mostly because of the art. I mean, Pokemon was cute when it first came out, but it kinda died out... and they still won't stop playing it on TV. I mean, really, enough already!!!

kevlord

darkshines

definately yu gi oh is worse, come on, an anime based on a card game where they actually play said card game and call that "action"?

Signature

KiYa

KiYa

Quotes for me

I'll have to fully agree with bucket-shot's

Quote by bucket-shotActually, I think both dubs are okay. :\ Both series are alright, too (for the record, i'm partial to yu-gi-oh! purely because of animation style and how they draw eyes [it's one of the few anime whose art style i consider better than the manga it's based on - just the style XD story-wise, the manga wins]).
Sure, it's sometimes needlessly dramatic, or seemingly endless, but hey. What's wrong with that? If there were no shows for the kiddies, or all were the same length, the anime industry would be a pretty boring place, no? :)

the anime's style in yugioh is very good, but the manga, from how much i've read, does have a better story line

by the way, i haven't missed a single yugi episode yet, and the story is alot better than pokemon's, i think that it does have a great storyline

I think both of them are pretty bad.

Signature Image

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Which is worse is NON of them. Honestly i dont even see y people hate it to much. From the way i see it, everyone hates it cuz bac in the days they USE to luv it and now that they finally grow out of it they suddenly have this grudge to hate it y is that? Solve this then u'll finally slove that non the anime is even that bad (unless u already had a hatred to it when it 1ST came out which i dought)

yugiohs better., but u gotta admit,.. almost everyone liked pokemon at some time

Signature

lalatne

Meier Link

Quote by Kei-kunHuh. Pokemon now stands in no high position in anime anymore. It used to be good during its first series, that was good. But now for us older anmie fans i.e. ages 15+, will not like Pokemon because it's too kiddy.
As for Yu-Gi-Oh it goes the same, we won't like these anime anymore because they're all based on the concept of Pokemon. I.e. let it be using items, monsters, cards, wheels, tea-pots etc. to fight against your opponent for no good reason.

Your right Pokemon is too kiddy but it's not bad too watch but if you don't like anime for kids don't watch. Me I don't care about if it's for kids aslong It's fun but I don't know whats already happen from half tell end.

Yogi-oh look stupid coz of the style of anime and the story but about playing the game, it's great coz it has cool strategy.

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

well like everyone saids you gotta like pokemon at one point of another, and as for yu-gi-oh, "forget the english one cause that sux and they cut out sence." The designs of the monsters and the playing game is very cool. and "unlike pokemon." yugioh has a good story and it actually has an ending to it and its really cool on the storyline at the end "almost like the manga but even better. "but I can so SO see when it actually hits the TV in english, its gonna get cut out like no tomorrow. :angry:

Signature

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

yes, yes, i did like pokemon at first, but it was a long time ago. i just want it to end soon...and yu-gi-oh, the dub is really horrible. i read the YGO manga and it's really good. esepcially before duelist kingdom, like how yugi and jonouchi became friends and how it develops. the dub completely screwed up Jonouchi (joey) in the dub. joey is a complete moron, while Jonouchi is a really cool character. i really suggest reading the manga.

Signature

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

I agree,both pokemon and yugioh are good.Everyone liked pokemon at some point,and even though its started to lag in recent yeasr story wise,it's still a good aniome even if it's for kids.Now yugioh in my opinion is better than pokemon and I really like the art style and story,but it would be even ebtter if the Englsih version wasn't edited the f*** out of .The japanese is much much better cause it has everything,graphic-gorey-perverted goodness and all.So it's not like the shows are bad,they just appeal towards certain people and age groups,and if the english version of yugioh didn't get edited all the time it would be better.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

Pokemon was good in the first season, dropped off when it got to the Orange Islands, stayed pretty dull throughout Johto except for the gym leader battles, was boring toward the beginning of the Hoenn adventures, and now seems to be about on par with the first season.
So, really, Pokemon is mostly bad, but has good episodes and good streaks. Meanwhile, Yu-Gi-Oh was just never good at any point, in my opinion. =P
But I might be biased just because I love the Pokemon games, even though the anime is absolutely nothing like them and sometimes I want to smack whoever wrote some of the more ridiculous fights like Squirtle taking a Thunderbolt from a Starmie and then winning with Hydro Pump, or Charmander beating a Golem with Fire Spin, or Pikachu defeating several Ground-types with Thunderbolt, or anything like that.

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

Quote by alucard242Sure, Pokemon is the worst anime ever.... Yu-Gi-Oh is little bit better because there is a story ^^ (not very good but a story)

couldn`t have said it better, pokemon is just silly in my opinion, but yugi-oh at least ahs a story....

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next » 209 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.