Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing? - Minitokyo

girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 221 total items

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

We all have seen girls wearing revealing clothes that attract attention (both good and bad) from people passing by.

Sometimes some of this 'bad' attention ends up being some sort of sexual harrassment/assault (could be verbal or physical). How much of the blame should the girl shoulder..? Is it at least partly her fault for wearing such revealing/seductive clothing?

Why do girls wear revealing/seductive clothing anyway? When it comes down to it, isn't it basically to attract sexual attention..? Should she be partly blamed for what happens as a result of her wearing such clothes..? were they 'asking for it'..?

there are people who think so.

do you look down on girls who dress like that?

..i tried searching for something along these lines but didn't see any. hopefully it's not a repeat ^^

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

None whatsoever. A girl's clothing does not absolve someone from having to control themselves and in a world where men are allowed to walk around topless they don't have a right to comment on our shirts.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

nyaaaa girls do dat to get attention frum ppl that dey like, or to just simply flirt with guys not knowing the consiquences...>.> but when it cums to dirty ol' guys...*glare glare* da girls need to extremely caucious...*suspiciously looks around*
of course...ranie here is not anything like dat...=] and proud of it too!
nyaaaa~~~

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

Quote by KuzainNone whatsoever. A girl's clothing does not absolve someone from having
to control themselves and in a world where men are allowed to walk
around topless they don't have a right to comment on our shirts.

or how short our skirts are either, totally agree
generally, women want to be noticed; i know ive worn clothes that are more revealing to get a guys attention, i would never want him to think that was an invitation to do whatever he wants with me; people should be able to control themselves

Quote by KuzainNone whatsoever. A girl's clothing does not absolve someone from having to control themselves and in a world where men are allowed to walk around topless they don't have a right to comment on our shirts.

Sorry to say but everybody has the right to comment on whatever they want.

Seductive clothing is obviously there to attract attention. But that doesn't mean other guys/girls can go crazy and start doing stupid stuff (harassment, rape, etc). I don't think it's fair to blame a girl at all if something bad happens to her because of her clothing (unless she wore something offensive, like racist stuff).

Be Free and Masturbate

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by dutchforce

Quote by KuzainNone whatsoever. A girl's clothing does not absolve someone from having to control themselves and in a world where men are allowed to walk around topless they don't have a right to comment on our shirts.

Seductive clothing is obviously there to attract attention. But that doesn't mean other guys/girls can go crazy and start doing stupid stuff (harassment, rape, etc). I don't think it's fair to blame a girl at all if something bad happens to her because of her clothing (unless she wore something offensive, like racist stuff).

You only have a right to comment on what you can get away with and men who comment negatively on a woman's clothes often find themselves deprived of her company. ;)

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

What I have to wonder is the definition of harassment. By todays standards its basically whatever annoys\angers the person. Which means basically ANY behavior can be considered harassment if the other party wants it to. Hence this is why I just dont show any attention to a woman usually, or if I do purely on the verbal level, no leering or comments or gestures or anything.

I get in enough trouble for fun without getting in trouble for stuff thats not fun.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Personally, I think they shouldn't be surprised with the attention they get from wearing such clothes, and obviously they want attention, unfortunately they'll get it from perverts, let's face it. don't understand why either, girls can look great wearing clothing that covers. I find it more classy ... sometimes I get confused who's the hookers you know ... disgusting ... This is just my opinion, don't get offended.

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by dutchforce

You only have a right to comment on what you can get away with and men who comment negatively on a woman's clothes often find themselves deprived of her company. ;)

Yeah, I guess. I wasn't negatively commenting so I'm safe :D

Be Free and Masturbate

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I guess so long as the girl knows that her attires WILL attract attention, and sh'e not trying to get harrassed, then that's fine.

The rest of the responsibility lies with the observers. I think girls should have the right generally to wear what they want. If's it's a little more revealing than normal, well, we men will just have to control ourselves. :)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

Quote by TeryonWhat I have to wonder is the definition of harassment. By todays
standards its basically whatever annoys\angers the person. Which means
basically ANY behavior can be considered harassment if the other party
wants it to. Hence this is why I just dont show any attention to a
woman usually, or if I do purely on the verbal level, no leering or
comments or gestures or anything.
I get in enough trouble for fun without getting in trouble for stuff
thats not fun.

as i know it, the definition of harrassment is the verbal or physical actions of one person towards another or about another that causes another to feel uncomfortable/unsafe...at least thats how the company i work for defines it...i think its a little general, just like their return policy but still, how would someone define harassment? oh, and that definition covers other kinds of harassment too, not just sexual

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by seiryumiko

Quote by TeryonWhat I have to wonder is the definition of harassment. By todays
standards its basically whatever annoys\angers the person. Which means
basically ANY behavior can be considered harassment if the other party
wants it to. Hence this is why I just dont show any attention to a
woman usually, or if I do purely on the verbal level, no leering or
comments or gestures or anything.
I get in enough trouble for fun without getting in trouble for stuff
thats not fun.

as i know it, the definition of harrassment is the verbal or physical actions of one person towards another or about another that causes another to feel uncomfortable/unsafe...at least thats how the company i work for defines it...i think its a little general, just like their return policy but still, how would someone define harassment? oh, and that definition covers other kinds of harassment too, not just sexual

As a side note, not only can bothering a girl about her clothes be harassment, but if someone wears clothing that bothers you (ie: is too revealing) that can be considered harassment too.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

personally, i think that women dress the way they do not to attract men's attention, but to attract other women's attention. guys don't really care what women wear really, women will get comments regardles. but girls are like "OH MY GOD, she looks trashy!" it's this complex game of one-ups-womanship. all that fashion sense is lost on us men, but be sure that other women will notice a revealing outfit, point it out, and then smack their boyfriends for looking. thems women are very tricksy that way...

also, I don't know how you women find us men attractive, it makes no sense to me.

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Quote by unicorn2006
there are people who think so. do you look down on girls who dress like
that?

Normally when girls dress revealingly, it's for fashion. I didn't see any girls around wearing miniskirts when hippie skirts and peasant tops were in fashion. So yeah. I do. I think it's pathetic, how everybody dresses the same way. And if you happen to like the current fashions, good for you. But if you don't, why dress like that?

Brownie the Cat

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Because society demands it of women. And if I were a guy, I'd fight against it now because current trends suggest society may start demanding it of men soon.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

I like the girls who dress like sluts then don't want to be viewed as sex objects.

Society demands? Society dresses the girl in the morning in a skimpy outfit? I don't think so.

If you're going to isolate the blame to sexual offenders, you have to isolate the blame to the victim as well. No double standards. They did their part. If you bring society into it, that says it's society's fault so and so raped so and so. We know it doesn't work like that, but we can't selectively apply logic to the side we want to 'win'.

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I think that something important is being overlooked here. Everywhere you turn there are women in next to nothing in magazines, billboards, ads.. ect. Women/girls feel that if they want to be noticed and admired like the women in popular media then they need to look a certain (whorish) way. I'm sick of seeing little 10-13 year old girls walking around looking like prostitutes thinking that the only way they can justify thier life is with a man's attention. I just want to scream at them "Your Better Than That!!!!" I'm not saying this as someone who has never been guilty of the same. I used to feel the same way and (god help me) dress slutty. And that was in the 80's. I can't imagine what girls go through now...

As to the original question.. Physical violence = bad, the should have no responsibilty for a violent act.
Rude comments = People have the right to free speech, and that's how it is.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by LinearXI like the girls who dress like sluts then don't want to be viewed as sex objects.
Society demands? Society dresses the girl in the morning in a skimpy outfit? I don't think so.
If you're going to isolate the blame to sexual offenders, you have to isolate the blame to the victim as well. No double standards.

What double standards? The double standards that a woman shouldn't be attacked just because she dresses a certain way? The double standard that a woman should be allowed to dress in a sexy fashion and still be considered more than just a "place to stick it"?

If other men went around randomly raping men who dressed like Golfers would that be okay? Would blaming just the psycho that did it be a double standard?

Double standard doesn't apply in this case (if you haven't caught on yet). Double standard actually refers to where one sex gets to do something and it's alright but for the other sex it isn't.

No one said, "women can rape men if they dress in a sexy manner."

Saying that women are at fault for rapes if they dress a certain way is a double standard.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Well the girl i to blame from my point of view, there are psycos out there, and they should now there are risks, and if dreesing properly might reduce these risk they should do it, they do this to atract attention low self esteem ai think, there no escuse in taking such a dumb risk, hey if i have a fire proof suit thats 95% efective i wouldnt use it justo for fun or show off theres a friggin 5% ill get buerned nuff for me toihalt, jeje

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by Kuzain
The double standard that a woman should be allowed to dress in a sexy
fashion and still be considered more than just a "place to stick it"?

Saying that women are at fault for rapes if they dress a certain way is
a double standard.

I completely agree!

LinearX, Sorry dude, you are going to lose this one.

I don't think you're understanding me correctly.

Girl dresses skimpy - Society's fault!
Rapist attacks girl - Society's fault!

That's fair. But nobody wants to think a rapist isn't to blame. They hate him. I do too. But..

Girl dresses skimpy - Society's fault!
Rapist attacks girl - Rapist's fault! Burn him!

This is the double standard. Yes one is a misguided individual and the other is a -severely- misguided individual. I am saying, why can one use society as an excuse for their actions, but not the other?

Quote: LinearX, Sorry dude, you are going to lose this one.

Declaring victory <> Being right.

Quote by fooblued

Quote by Kuzain
The double standard that a woman should be allowed to dress in a sexy
fashion and still be considered more than just a "place to stick it"?

Saying that women are at fault for rapes if they dress a certain way is
a double standard.

I completely agree!

LinearX, Sorry dude, you are going to lose this one.

totally agree

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

People who rape only use clothing to justify it. Really, there is no "way to dress" that will keep a woman from being raped. Rape is about power, not lust. It doesn't matter how they dress.

The way a girl dresses mostly affects what other people think about her. It is wrong to judge someone on appearance and a girl shouldn't have to dress a certain way just because some men are stupid.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

That's like saying it's society's fault for allowing the public to have access to guns. Just because you can doesn't mean you have a good excuse to hurt others. And yes rape is a violent act of domination not a sexual act.

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 221 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.