Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT3 is it a disappointment? - Minitokyo

MT3 is it a disappointment?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 11 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next » 251 total items

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

I think the credits will at the very least keep people from posting stuff that they didn't put as much effort into, thus hopefully making the galleries less cluttered
I'll miss the old front page n stuff tho for sure, maybe it's cuz i never really cared about my level
I'm just worried about runnin out of credits

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

MMZero

MMZero

Maverick Hunter

Hmm, I suppose it will take some getting used to, but as of now I'm not too sure on the credit system, I rathered the level system...

Signature
Member of: Wings-Lovers

Kenichi

Kenichi

Retired MT Member

mt3 is confusing me, its just not well "organize".

Signature

DanyAnnie

DanyAnnie

iLOVEu

I was wondering why everything looked so different. I'll be honest to say I'm a bit disappointed with some of the new changes. Browsing around MT doesn't seem the same anymore and it's just the whole feel of the site seems different.

Can't really word it out how I want to, but I'm betting someone out there gets what I'm saying =/

if you use your imagination......there's a really pretty banner here LMAO

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

I'm happy. Minitokyo 3's new confusing system was meant to drive all of the stupid people away, and it is working! :d

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I love the new MT.

I have to say it's really gonna weed out the leechers and also those that really aren't here for the art. I think it's something that will take time to adapt to and those that really don't like it, more of learn to like it. This is the new MT. I personally think it's much better than the old MT and I'm glad that the spambox is gone too. \o/ .

As with everything in life, change will come if people like it or not, this change is greatly necessarly for a community like MT, who had become rather unmanagable and disliked by many of the older members (Even more proof is the massive amount of MT members coming over to AP) so hopefully this new MT will be able to bring back the spark that it had when I joined it over a year ago. Well, I hope anyways.

Signature Image

teepoo

teepoo

<3 rikana

mt3 has many advantages such as it stops fav-whoring and allows newer artistis to have chances at showcasing new ideas
in their wallpapers rather than being pushed back by those who are higher level and make very trendsetting and
repetition wallpapers ^_~ i really want to see more different works.. more artists who make wallpapers for the love of it
not for the sake of getting a higher level

how the heck do you submit? I can't find it. :( I don't understand how the
credits work and I find it hard to find stuff...

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

Quote by Chloe-chan I don't agree with the credits system. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Fist they limit our favorites, now they limit what we can download. What about people who don't have a scanner, or program to submit items?

i agree completely. otherwise, MT3 isn`t too bad.

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

I like the old MT

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

to submit, you must first browse to the category you want to submit into.
Browse->select category, from example from the alphabetical listing. In the category page you'll find alòl the options

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

This is a riot.... I remember all the same comments over MT2 when that came out. Now I'm sitting back and enjoying all the ppl who never saw MT1 complain about the "inconveinent changes"

I can't believe that ppl think the credit system is replacing the level system... they've got nothing to do with eachother. EVERYONE needs credits to d/l something now, instead of being just level 10. And EVERYTHING requires credits. Now you may cry about having to use credits to d/l something, but I remember people crying about not being able to connect to MT2 because of a flooded bandwidth... from constant d/ling. You guys wanted a bandwidth fix, and you now have the best thing you can get.

As for people who can't scan or post images... pitty. This is a walling/art comunity. If you can't contribute, you dont get the goods. Hell, I can't even get any good resources to scan apart from my dvd case.

I'm just hoping that all the stupid ppl will run away crying and the crappy wallers will give up and go somewhere else

MizuhofanFFX2

MizuhofanFFX2

Mizuho Kazami's fan - FFX2 fan

up credits 0.5 point after
logoin and logout so to up we in-out al day on MT3.he he

Edit: but anyway you can only reach to 50.49 credits point, because base credits point is 50.00
it happen when you in 49.99 credit point - you login-out it up to 50.49 point and event do more it still like that, like i sadi base is 50.00 point :)

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by KatzbalgerThis is a riot.... I remember all the same comments over MT2 when that came out. Now I'm sitting back and enjoying all the ppl who never saw MT1 complain about the "inconveinent changes"

I can't believe that ppl think the credit system is replacing the level system... they've got nothing to do with eachother. EVERYONE needs credits to d/l something now, instead of being just level 10. And EVERYTHING requires credits. Now you may cry about having to use credits to d/l something, but I remember people crying about not being able to connect to MT2 because of a flooded bandwidth... from constant d/ling. You guys wanted a bandwidth fix, and you now have the best thing you can get.

As for people who can't scan or post images... pitty. This is a walling/art comunity. If you can't contribute, you dont get the goods. Hell, I can't even get any good resources to scan apart from my dvd case.

I'm just hoping that all the stupid ppl will run away crying and the crappy wallers will give up and go somewhere else

well though the tone is harsh, the post is totally true. Also submitting is NOT the only way to gain credits

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

w00tazn

w00tazn

hottie.

I think MT3 could use some work, so far it has nothing new that would appeal to me. I don't mind the restrictions, but some of them could be redone.

A lot of this disappoints me, one of what does the most is the fact that instead of dealing with what problem they thought exists with the favorites, they instead got rid of the favorites option entirely and therefore took the lazy route out of dealing with a problem that wasn't a problem.

So the biggest is the loss of favorites and the fact they didn't even try and offer a solution people would agree with, they just saw their solution in MT2 was not liked or perhaps working so but not to the point they wanted, so they took the lazy man's route and got rid of favorites all together.

A second one almost tied with loss of favorites is the credit idea, and the fact pictures don't say how many credits they will take for a download. If you will have an idotic and pointless and unwanted system like credits show how much each thing "costs". Though I would prefer credits are gone all together.

----------------------------
"It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison" - Michelle Chang R.o.D. the TV

"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted . . . he lived happily ever after." - Willy Wonka

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

I'm not disappointed, it's just a "bit" different, and I was kinda lost at the beginning but then agian I was also lost the first time I came to MT.

There are somethings that I deffinitely don't like about MT3 but oh well you can't have everything ;)

I think it is too soon to say much about the new MT, we need to see and try it out before actually having a real opinion, correct me if I'm worng but MT3 is not 100% done yet, the adms. and mods still working on this new version, right?

I'm sure some people worked (and are working) really hard to do MT3 so thanks for that =D

Again, if it is not 100% done then why is it up and running? That itself makes me wonder how much more it can get screwed up. You don't launch a ship with it not being fully done so why was this "launched" before it was fully done, add that to my list of disappointments.

Also, no you can't have everything but if you are the ones that allow something to exist by keeping that something popular enough to exist, you have a lot more say then those that create it as ironic as that might sound.

----------------------------
"It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison" - Michelle Chang R.o.D. the TV

"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted . . . he lived happily ever after." - Willy Wonka

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Quote by rmuyoA lot of this disappoints me, one of what does the most is the fact that instead of dealing with what problem they thought exists with the favorites, they instead got rid of the favorites option entirely and therefore took the lazy route out of dealing with a problem that wasn't a problem.

So the biggest is the loss of favorites and the fact they didn't even try and offer a solution people would agree with, they just saw their solution in MT2 was not liked or perhaps working so they got rid of favorites all together.

Excuse me, I totally don't see what you're talking about. As far as I could decifer your post, you're ranting about the fav's beeing removed. Well personally I think it was a good idea. The system in MT1 and MT2 was unfair. One could have just added every new member to their friendslist, make the crappiest wall, and get it top fav. And that with each and every wallpaper. Good wallpapers started to disappear into the galleries of MT because of that, just my honest opinion. Also some really good wallers left MT.

As for now, I did not yet experiment with this new MT yet, but I do think it looks good and is definitely a better version than MT2. Well I don't mind the restriction of beeing an admin for only 4 groups at the same time. I mean, if you really have time to take care and administrate 14 groups, the question of you having a real life would come up...I mean c'mon? 4 groups is hard but 14....you must be doing nothing at all except surfing on MT and getting fed by your parents...harshly said that is, it's just an extreme example.

and as others already suggested, stop whining, it's annoying. i skipped more than half of this threads post cause they were just too short to be real complaints or comments at that.

and also remember, MT3 just started and it's not even bug free, be happy that sheqel takes the time to make a new version. I mean, IF MT2 was THE nonplusultra why would he make an MT3? Because it obviously sucked.

Quote by rmuyoAgain, if it is not 100% done then why is it up and running? That itself makes me wonder how much more it can get screwed up. You don't launch a ship with it not being fully done so why was this "launched" before it was fully done, add that to my list of disappointments.

Also, no you can't have everything but if you are the ones that allow something to exist by keeping that something popular enough to exist, you have a lot more say then those that create it as ironic as that might sound.

Stupid point there bud, so ask M$ wtf they never sell a 100% done windows version =/ or ask the programmers for firefox why they keep updating their software, do not compare MT3 to a ship because ships are ment to float on water and transport you safely on it without to sink. A Wallpaper/Scan Gallery like MT has lots more to do, please keep that in mind.

greetz lima

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

rmuyo, the favorites lost their meaning a very long time ago. There is no reason to keep them when all they demonstrate is how many friends you can get. If you think that it is a problem then you are just not very intelligent, at all.

You also said that Minitokyo shouldn't be up at all if it isn't complete... well, I personally would rather it be up even without all of its features than it not be accessable for a month or whatever amount of time.

Lima, stop typing so fast, please.

Kyrokushen

Silent Masamune's Mercinary

Yes, Where has the usability gone. This place is no longer user friendly. What's with the credit system...? This place used to be cool. Did Hurricane Wilma rampage here as well.

Come to the Dark Side we have Cookies
Signature
Prepare for a Revolution!

Sizza

Sizza

Burnt Toast :P

I'm disappointed, the new credit system confuses me, and the whole restriction on the downloads is confusing. Overall, i want the old MT back. I also have lots of PMs for other members. Very weird, but i'm sure that that would be fixed soon.

Proud member of ~ MT-UK ~
Signature

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Quote by rmuyoAgain, if it is not 100% done then why is it up and running? That itself makes me wonder how much more it can get screwed up. You don't launch a ship with it not being fully done so why was this "launched" before it was fully done, add that to my list of disappointments.

They launch a ship with extensive testing, yes, but computer games and online forums need to be tested by being used. Games have people play the betas before they get released but you can't do that with online comunities. That's why they have a bug reporting section. Anyway, it happened with the transition of 1 to 2, it'll happen again with 2 to 3, and 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 (if Sheq's still alive).

Oh, and for those who haven't noticed yet, Gmail is also only in its beta version. It's not bug free yet.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

It's like when MT first transitioned from Version 1 to 2. Sure things are different now and the rules are strict. But YOU WILL GET OVER IT.

And I like the credit idea, mind you. At least you have to be active member before uploading something.

Don't like 'em, stay away from it. END OF.

page 4 of 11 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next » 251 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.